6 (16.7%)
By trade deadline Feb 21, 2013
23 (63.9%)
Regardless of season outcome, no changes until offseason
3 (8.3%)
Stick it out with this group for the next few years
4 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 36

Author Topic: At this rate at what point will changes occur??  (Read 13705 times)

Re: At this rate at what point will changes occur??
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2013, 05:36:18 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
I just think that nothing will happen until Febuary 21 - if then.

Give AB a few weeks to get his game legs back under him, and then let's see where we're at.

« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2013, 05:51:49 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
realistic team after blowup
Scal as new coach, Trade Rondo, KG, Sully to ATL for Horford and Jeff Teague,  trade Pierce and Lee to Den for Corey Brewer, Mozgov, Chandler, 1st round pick, Jeff Green to IND for Tyler Hansborough, 1st round pick + salary fill in, Jason Terry to OKC for Reggie Jackson + salary fill in

New lineup
Starting - Horford, Hansborough, Brewer, Bradley, Teague
Bench - Mozgov, Melo, Bass, Chandler, Jackson 

Ouch.  I think that team is worse than our current one, both in the present and future.

No it wouldn't. Imo the proposed new starting lineup would beat the current lineup now.

Let's throw Sully into the starting lineup, since Collins is maybe the worst veteran in the NBA.

KG / Sully / Pierce / Bradley / Rondo

vs.

Horford / Hansborough / Brewer / Bradley / Teague

I'd take KG over Horford, Pierce over Brewer, and Rondo over Teague.  The gap between Hansborough and Sully isn't so big that it makes up for those other three advantages.  Heck, their production is currently extremely similar, and Sullinger has a ton of room to grow.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2013, 05:52:36 PM »

Offline lantinm

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 38
I think a few things can be done right now to improve this team. Here they are:

1. Sit Jason Collins and make sure he never sees the court again.  We pretty much play 4 on 5 out there when he's in.  I'm not even sure he should be in the league at this point.

2. Move KG back to the 5.

3. Start Sully at the 4 and play him until he fouls out.

4. Make Barbosa the backup point guard and give him 12 minutes a game.

5. Play Fab Melo as KG's backup 16-18 minutes a game.  I don't care if he fouls out in 16 minutes -- he will give us more than Collins ever will.

Go with the following rotation

Starters -

C - KG - 32 minutes
PF - Sully - 24 minutes (or whenever he fouls out)
SF - Pierce - 32 minutes
SG - Bradley - 30 minutes
PG - Rondo - 36 minutes

Bench -

C - Melo - 16 minutes
PF - Bass - 20 minutes
SF - Green - 20 minutes (including 4 at PF)
SG - Terry - 18 minutes
PG - Barbosa - 12 minutes

Odd men out:

Lee (still could see him getting time in certain situations)
Wilcox (Hurt)
Collins (don't even get me started)
Varnado (could see minutes during garbage time)
Joseph (keep him in D-League to develop)_

« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2013, 06:55:30 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
I think they have already started. The last game against Memphis was an encouraging step forward and I think they will continue to improve over the next few games.

The main thing for me right now is Rondo getting fully healthy. As soon as that happens, they're in business. Getting Jason Collins out of the starting lineup would be great also. I have no idea why Doc insists on keeping him there. It's the massive mistake.

« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2013, 06:57:13 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

Give AB a few weeks to get his game legs back under him, and then let's see where we're at.
By this time we may be solidly out of the playoff picture already, so what does it matter?
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2013, 07:07:57 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
I hope as soon as Danny has the opportunity to do something that makes sense to improve the team that might work he'll try and do it .

They can play better with whats here and now , no doubt,  but I'm not sure its gonna be earth shaking either way., it may couple years anyhow. or 23

The Celtics are what they are.

« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2013, 07:09:31 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis

By this time we may be solidly out of the playoff picture already, so what does it matter?

Or, we could be in the midst of a significant winning streak.

One of these days, CelticsBlog will just implode upon itself with doom and gloom.

Just:

A Green sludge will be all that's left - engulfing all of us, lol.

« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2013, 07:45:27 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
realistic team after blowup
Scal as new coach, Trade Rondo, KG, Sully to ATL for Horford and Jeff Teague,  trade Pierce and Lee to Den for Corey Brewer, Mozgov, Chandler, 1st round pick, Jeff Green to IND for Tyler Hansborough, 1st round pick + salary fill in, Jason Terry to OKC for Reggie Jackson + salary fill in

New lineup
Starting - Horford, Hansborough, Brewer, Bradley, Teague
Bench - Mozgov, Melo, Bass, Chandler, Jackson 

Ouch.  I think that team is worse than our current one, both in the present and future.

No it wouldn't. Imo the proposed new starting lineup would beat the current lineup now.

Let's throw Sully into the starting lineup, since Collins is maybe the worst veteran in the NBA.

KG / Sully / Pierce / Bradley / Rondo

vs.

Horford / Hansborough / Brewer / Bradley / Teague

I'd take KG over Horford, Pierce over Brewer, and Rondo over Teague.  The gap between Hansborough and Sully isn't so big that it makes up for those other three advantages.  Heck, their production is currently extremely similar, and Sullinger has a ton of room to grow.

Kg is not better than Horford this year. Look at Horford's stats. Atl is not one of the teams for nothing. Pierce offensively is better than Brewer but not defensively.  And though Rondo may have a slight edge on Teague, some teams would rather take Teague because of his shooting ability alone.

Anyways Roy , the blow up strategy is mostly a fun, not realistic option. Only way that happens too, is if Ainge and Rivers are fired in the same instance.

« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2013, 07:51:07 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
I think they have already started. The last game against Memphis was an encouraging step forward and I think they will continue to improve over the next few games.

The main thing for me right now is Rondo getting fully healthy. As soon as that happens, they're in business. Getting Jason Collins out of the starting lineup would be great also. I have no idea why Doc insists on keeping him there. It's the massive mistake.

If the whole team can play from start to finish like they did last game in the 4th quarter vs memphis, things will get back to normal.  The bench especially has to be more aggressive. Maybe blitzing the opposing ball handler coming through the half court should be the way defense is played on every possession.  On the downside there is a higher chance of burning out your players.

« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2013, 08:09:29 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1550

February 21st?

wow.

talk about too little too late. at the rate we are going we will be WAAAAAAY out of the playoff race by then.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2013, 09:41:24 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

One of these days, CelticsBlog will just implode upon itself with doom and gloom.
What doom and gloom? What are you talking about?

If we're winning at the same clip until "Bradley gets his legs under him" -- which I would guess is the assumption -- we'll be indeed out of the playoff picture.

Why would this post suggest anything else? Is there a need to give Bradley leeway if we're in the midst of a winning streak?
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2013, 09:43:59 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
Danny will make a move when he sees a deal he likes. I really doubt he will trade bc the team is performing badly. Thankfully, he seems to have more of a long term view of things.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2013, 09:51:30 PM »

Offline raynman

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 55
At least a minor trade or coaching changed should have happened already!
I don't know what the heck Ainge is thinking.. Maybe showcasing Bradley (and Melo) a bit before trading them?

Even 5 year olds know that this just ain't working , let alone win a championship!

« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2013, 10:19:37 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis

What doom and gloom? What are you talking about?

If we're winning at the same clip until "Bradley gets his legs under him" -- which I would guess is the assumption -- we'll be indeed out of the playoff picture.

Why would this post suggest anything else? Is there a need to give Bradley leeway if we're in the midst of a winning streak?

The "doom and gloom" I'm speaking of is your point of view that the C's "could" continue winning at the same clip they have so far this season - even with AB.

A bit over-dramatic? Sure. But this is CelticsBlog, right?

For me? I choose to want to give this team a while to see "IF" AB being back is "really" the salve this team needs. That is why I chose "wait until the 21st of Feb" option.

I'm believing, on pure hope, that BOS can get it right over the next few weeks and reel off some win streak(s) in conjunction with AB's return. By doing that, they will play themselves right back into contender status, I believe.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 10:38:42 PM by GreenFaith1819 »

« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2013, 10:41:47 PM »

Offline ScottHow

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 354
  • It's what I do! It's who I am!
Hopefully sooner rather than later.