Celtics Basketball > Celtics Talk

Phil Jackson's Mind Games

(1/2) > >>

Change:
The old man is at it again playing his little games. Setting the stage for doubt and second guessing
--- Quote ---Lakers coach Phil Jackson, however, didn’t seem quite as sure.

“I have a great respect for House’s game,” Jackson said. “I just don’t know what you’re going to improve on that with an incredible shooter and the skill that [House] has. House has a strike factor in his game that can really affect a team.”
--- End quote ---
He has no business making those comments. He coaches the Fakers not the Celtics. This just proves that Ainge made the right decision. If God willing Celtics face the Lakers in Finals. Lakers have no answer for Rondo and Nate. They are matchup nightmare for Lakers. They'll run circles around Fisher and Co. You can't defend Speed.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AhFmofhhdv7to45pxvkFvKe8vLYF?slug=mc-afterthebuzzer021910&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Celtic:

--- Quote from: Change on February 19, 2010, 07:42:50 PM ---The old man is at it again playing his little games. Setting the stage for doubt and second guessing
--- Quote ---Lakers coach Phil Jackson, however, didn’t seem quite as sure.

“I have a great respect for House’s game,” Jackson said. “I just don’t know what you’re going to improve on that with an incredible shooter and the skill that [House] has. House has a strike factor in his game that can really affect a team.”
--- End quote ---
He has no business making those comments. He coaches the Fakers not the Celtics. This just proves that Ainge made the right decision. If God willing Celtics face the Lakers in Finals. Lakers have no answer for Rondo and Nate. They are matchup nightmare for Lakers. They'll run circles around Fisher and Co. You can't defend Speed.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AhFmofhhdv7to45pxvkFvKe8vLYF?slug=mc-afterthebuzzer021910&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

--- End quote ---

You're right about it not being his place to comment on the trade, but I fear he may be right. Eddie can really take the wind out of an opposing team.

Who:
Phil Jackson has also said plenty of positive things about Nate Robinson in the past.

I agree with his comments on Eddie House -- of House's value and how worried opposing coaches were of him due to his ability to get on a hot streak -- but I think he's overlooking Nate Robinson in all of this.

Too much focus on House and not enough on what Nate brings to the table.

Brendan:
Or the fact that Eddie wasn't playing like the Eddie of 08 (my opinion -- too lazy today to check the stats.)

Andy Jick:
You may not like it, but you've got to give credit to Phil...  This looks like something straight out of Red Auerbach's playbook... :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version