Author Topic: I’m Moving On. AD Doesn’t Want BOS & Trading Tatum For A Rental Would Be Idiotic  (Read 28343 times)

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 549
I have no doubt Davis right now as we speak wants to be in LA, and not  in Boston. Everything we've heard seems to be a calculated campaign to scare teams of from making a big offer for him so that the Lakers can trade for him. I just think that if we do make the trade we would have a very high chance of resigning him. We have the organizational stability, the depth of talent, the front line star to pair him, the ability to win, the most money to offer and a tremendous atmosphere to play in. If he cares about winning at all he isn't leaving once he gets here. So I would give up Tatum even without assurances, now how much more than that I would give up I don't know. I'm not doing BOTH Tatum and Brown for example, I would also really like to keep Smart. Maybe Tatum, Hayward (Or Horford), and some first round picks gets it done. In any evet I take the chance, because not getting him is a chance as well. A chance that Tatum and/or Brown reaches their ceiling(s). A chance that Kyrie returns next year. A chance that Hayward isn't washed. A chance that we can find a Horford replacement. Its all chances, give me the SUPER STAR.

Re: I’m Moving On. AD Doesn’t Want BOS
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2019, 01:06:55 AM »

Offline 0003323344

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 23
(My Thoughts As Of 2/4)

It’s unfortunate, but he doesn't want to be here according to his list and his dad has echoed similar feelings. So be it.

I still love this team and feel confident Danny can make some stuff happen to help in the future even if AD is no longer possible. We’d still be a young team building for the future post-Warriors dominance.

And honestly the Lakers giving up 7 players and their entire youth core for AD screams desperation lol. Either way our focus should be on the East and getting to the Finals, not what the Lakers do. Why worry about them now?

And lastly, I love Ainge and know he takes risks, but man if he trades Tatum and possibly Smart or Brown as well in a package for AD without a commitment, YIKES. Way too risky. Could have catastrophic consequences and look embarrassing if he does an AD trade and he bolts for LA anyways in 2021.

I want AD too but I don’t understand the notion that we’re doomed if we don’t get him. We still have a great team to build with around Tatum + Brown and many other young guys, and we’ve still likely got 1-2 high picks coming in the next few years. Hopefully Kyrie sticks around too.

Idk what will happen in the next few days but if the Pelicans agree to that trade with the Lakers, so be it. I actually think the Lakers would be foolish to trade 7 guys for him + Hill ($$$) to have some 2 year contention window with an aging Lebron, AD, Hart + likely no bench.

Because they want a player the Celtics want and time is of the essence. And not just any player but a generational player. Danny knows that if AD is still a Pelican at 3:01 Thursday he has a very good chance of landing the player he has coveted since he played for Kentucky. The Paul shenanigans aside Ainge knows he has a better hand than the Lakers do. Look what happened historically when the Lakers made trades like this. Wilt Kareem Shaq and Gasol. All big men who sent them to the promised land.
The same can happen to the Celtics too.

As the Stones sang:
You can't always get what you want
But if you try sometimes you just might find
You get what you need

Offline iadera

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
  • CroCeltics
I am starting to be fine with our team without AD. We have great bunch of guys and coach as well, and they're gettin better every day.
On the other hand, I don't trust a word to Woj (usualy I do) now regarding AD bombs. He's connected to Rich Paul and Lakers and I wouldn't be surprised if his paid for doing what he's doing. Let  someone logicaly explains to me that Bucks are reportingly on the wish-list over Celtics. C'mon... 

Offline Scintan

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 656
Trading Tatum in a situation where AD truly doesn't want to be in Boston is a terrible idea, but I don't think you trade Tatum for AD under any circumstances.  Unless he's becoming a problem behind the scenes, he should be the one asset that's off the table.

When people are free to do as they please, they usually imitate each other.

Offline greenhead85

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 35
If LAL trades Ingram, Kuzma, Ball and Zubac it practically gutted down its roster and effectively compromised their competitive advantage.
The exchange does not improve LAL's standing and competitiveness by just doing that lone trade. With that move it should be disallowed/vetoed. It essentially resulted in just snatching a player away from teams that are really competing. AD and LBJ do not a contending team make. Of course they'd reason out that they'll be trading for more and acquire some unsigned players to improve their team's outlook on paper. But that will be after the fact. It's like saying, "Hey we acquired AD, we'll compete next season and you all wait and see. Sorry guys".

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
So Danny's plan is hope the Pelicans wait until the summer, trade for AD then and re-sign Kyrie.

Maybe the Pelicans really want Jayson Tatum instead of anything the Lakers are willing to offer.

And maybe Danny isn't phased by AD's perceived lack of interest in coming to Boston and will be able to convince him to change his mind.

I am skeptical all this can happen, but if so, it would be a hell of a coup by Ainge.

This is the same Danny Ainge that kept trying ti tradw for KG despite KG having no interest in playing for us, and traded the #5 pick for Ray Allen (a hugely risky move on its own) because it might make KG more likely to want to play for us.

He'll have no problem trading for AD without a commitment
I'm bitter.

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1361
The advice to Danny on this will probably be "go ahead if you think you can keep him, but God help you if you're wrong".  :laugh:
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
I am not moving away from AD.
He and KI on the team together is the best outcome.
Not until something drastic happens.
And nothing drastic happened.
Let's not bite on pump fakes.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I still love this team and feel confident Danny can make some stuff happen to help in the future even if AD is no longer possible. We’d still be a young team building for the future post-Warriors dominance.

And honestly the Lakers giving up 7 players and their entire youth core for AD screams desperation lol. Either way our focus should be on the East and getting to the Finals, not what the Lakers do. Why worry about them now?

And lastly, I love Ainge and know he takes risks, but man if he trades Tatum and possibly Smart or Brown as well in a package for AD without a commitment, YIKES. Way too risky. Could have catastrophic consequences and look embarrassing if he does an AD trade and he bolts for LA anyways in 2021.

I want AD too but I don’t understand the notion that we’re doomed if we don’t get him. We still have a great team to build with around Tatum + Brown and many other young guys, and we’ve still likely got 1-2 high picks coming in the next few years. Hopefully Kyrie sticks around too.

Forgive me and the majority of the board if we trust Danny Ainge over you...............

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
I've gone back and forth on this Davis trade as a fan. At this point, I have become such a fan of some of the young talent, that if Boston traded for them, New Orleans would immediately become my second favorite team, and I could definitely see myself watching more Pelican games than Celtic games to watch the young guys continue to develop.

I really, really like Brown, Tatum, Rozier, Smart, and Williams. I also really like Hayward and Horford. Parting with any of those guys would be a huge blow.

I like Davis. I know he is dominate on offense. I know he is good on defense. I know he is probably a future HOFer.

I thought the Cs would beat Golden State last year in the finals if Hayward was healthy. I thought they stood a punchers' chance if they got there without Hayward and Irving (because the Warriors were struggling to put it together and the Cs seem to give the Warriors trouble).

I think they have a legit shot this year as constructed. And Hayward, Tatum, Brown, Williams, and maybe Irving and Smart will all be better next season. Meanwhile, in all likelihood, the Warriors' core will fall apart with Durant going to the Knicks. Even if Davis goes to the Lakers, I don't think they would be better than the Warriors are right now. That means that the Cs would get better and the top competition in the league would get worse.

Anthony Davis is grass-is-greener-on-the-other-side dream that is distracting everyone from the reality right in front of them - the Cs might be starting their dynasty right now, without Davis.

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1361
I think part of the issue with us is we don't really know what AD wants. According to his list he has preferences, but who knows if those are his preferences, his dad's, Rich Paul's or whoever else. Maybe he's just ambivalent about Boston, maybe he's deadset against coming here. We won't know till the summer.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

Offline C3LTSF4N

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 41
I don’t think he’s dead set against coming here.  Them saying he is, is just an effort to get him moved before the deadline.  All these “reports” are meaningless.  You can’t trust this kind of news. 

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
I don’t think he’s dead set against coming here.  Them saying he is, is just an effort to get him moved before the deadline.  All these “reports” are meaningless.  You can’t trust this kind of news. 
Yes, remember when we weren't on Kyries 4-team list.
Same ol', same ol'...
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am
Yes, remember when we weren't on Kyries 4-team list.
Same ol', same ol'...

Absolutely. Neither Irving or Davis is walking away from this team if they can play together in Boston. That team is a championship favorite for years if we can keep most of our supporting cast.

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
I slept on it and the recent report about Kyrie hating others' decisions impacting him gives me hope. Maybe AD and Kyrie are just having some doubts themselves from all the external factors and that's why there's this belief AD doesn't want to come here (and that Kyrie wants to leave). It does seem like our organization has been calm throughout this so maybe they know stuff?
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller