Author Topic: Celtics (16-17) at Knicks (23-10) 1/7  (Read 69116 times)

Re: Celtics (16-17) at Knicks (23-10) 1/7
« Reply #480 on: January 07, 2013, 11:22:47 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469
The Celtics knew they couldn’t beat the Knicks straight up and they pulled out cheap dirty tricks and it worked

Nothing better than p---ed off Lakers/Knicks fans. ;)

Hahaha where was that quote from?  Obviously didn't watch the game.  C's played great.

« Reply #481 on: January 07, 2013, 11:24:07 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Yay, another win. I think the fire has been lit.

(I cant believe I overslept and miss this game, really happy about the win though)
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #482 on: January 07, 2013, 11:25:13 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
praise to GREEN for stepping up when PP carrying the fouls  on the bench.

Sully is a fighter ..Good game.

« Reply #483 on: January 07, 2013, 11:26:24 PM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1796
  • The Dude Abides
The Celtics knew they couldn’t beat the Knicks straight up and they pulled out cheap dirty tricks and it worked

Hahaha where was that quote from?  Obviously didn't watch the game.  C's played great.

Postingandtoasting (horrible name for a blog, imo).
"An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching." - M.K. Gandhi

« Reply #484 on: January 07, 2013, 11:34:42 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
Who said he isn't that important to our team?

I'm loving what he's doing right now, as well as the team.

If BOS can continue to win like this, get Wilcox back, stay healthy - perhaps we won't need to make ANY trades, I'm hoping.

Haha sorry, the way I worded it sounded like I was aiming that at you!!

Was aimed at the many, many people here who over the last several months were downplaying Bradley's importance and mocking everyone who suggested he would make a difference.

:)

« Reply #485 on: January 07, 2013, 11:39:25 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
Rondo owes Paul Pierce, Jeff Green, KG, AB, Sully - etc - STEAK DINNERS, lol...

Only owes that to Bradley I think, because before Bradley came back we had just lost 3 games by an average of 30 points and were walking into one of the toughest stretch of games in the season.

Then Bradley returns and we won 3 of 4 of those games, and we won them all with defense.

But of course 'apparently' Bradley isn't that important to our team!  ::)

Who said he isn't that important to our team?

I'm loving what he's doing right now, as well as the team.

If BOS can continue to win like this, get Wilcox back, stay healthy - perhaps we won't need to make ANY trades, I'm hoping.
GF not you but lots of people have said he isnt all that important or a game changer. I won't name any names though. :-\ :-X
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #486 on: January 07, 2013, 11:42:49 PM »

Offline OsirusCeltics

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 198
MSG is reporting that Melo was waiting outside the Celtics locker room and had to be hauled away from security.

What the F? Tough guy?

For what??

I couldnt watch the game.

When the game ended, he went off the court on the wrong side and followed the Celtics out. Apparently he was screaming and yelling at someone. This is ridiculous, kg talks but he leaves it on the court. What is melo trying to prove that hes a street thug? Hanging out on those NY streets must get to his head.

Hey, don't talk about my New York streets like that!
Even though 50% of those streets are unsafe to walk on at night... and you're probably right  ;D

I say it because I know. I go there all the time. No disrespect to NY, love the city but its definitely a cultured place.

I said it in jest, its all good  ;D
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 11:50:06 PM by OsirusCeltics »

« Reply #487 on: January 07, 2013, 11:52:14 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469

From the Postingandtoasing web site:

"Also, I see the celtics have groomed Avery Bradley into a punk as well

by twoseam2007 on Jan 7, 2013 11:11 PM EST up reply"

If knicks fans are mad at AB he is really doing his job.
Nice!

« Reply #488 on: January 07, 2013, 11:55:35 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo

From the Postingandtoasing web site:

"Also, I see the celtics have groomed Avery Bradley into a punk as well

by twoseam2007 on Jan 7, 2013 11:11 PM EST up reply"

If knicks fans are mad at AB he is really doing his job.
Nice!

Yeah, how dare he play defense!!! He should just let his opponent score, that's the sportsmanlike thing to do! haha

« Reply #489 on: January 07, 2013, 11:56:14 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
nobody said AB was not a huge factor. but he will not make a difference as far as us being a REAL CONTENDER.....we still need a guy to rim protect when KG is out. wilcox and collins are not those guys i am not afraid to say.

Honestly, what more does ABradley need to do show how critical he is to this teams title hopes?

When Bradley took over from Ray last season our team turned from being barely a playoff team to being a serious contender.  We didn't add any key bigs in the process.

This season we couldn't put together a three game stretch of playing "Celtics basketball" until convenietly one game after Bradley's return - we didn't pick up any new bigs over this stretch, the only change we made in that regard was moving Collins to the bench so we have a proper big to back up KG.

I don't know how much of it is about his physical play, his mental boost and his impact on the roster (i.e. ability to move Terry to the bench) but ever since the 4th quarter of his first game back the body language of the entire team has changed. 
Suddenly we have gone from a team who looks lazy and disintersted, to a team that is looks focussed and emotional.  Guys like Green, Terry and Collins (formerly invisible) are now playing lock-down defense.  We're more physical - teams are getting frustrated playing against usagainst us, games are getting chippy and our guys are refusing to back down.  Finally we are showing signs of Celtic effect, which has opposing teams dreading the thought of playing us because they know that even if they win, they aren't coming out of it without a few bumps and bruises. 

I can't tell you what individual aspect changed this (it's probably a combination of them all) but over this three game stretch we are playing 'championship contender' basketball, and we have not played that at all this entire season up to this point.  I find it very hard to believe that this is pure coincidence and that our guys just happened to wake up one game after Bradley returns. If you look at the impact he had last season, that's too much coincidence.

« Reply #490 on: January 08, 2013, 12:24:38 AM »

Offline Interceptor

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 224
Re-watching this game on DVR. Violet Palmer really is a terrible ref.

« Reply #491 on: January 08, 2013, 12:45:41 AM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1550
Re-watching this game on DVR. Violet Palmer really is a terrible ref.

that whole crew of dick bavetta's is pure GARBAGE. run them all off.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #492 on: January 08, 2013, 02:23:18 AM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
The scrappy physical Celtics basketball is back they prob feel like they got punched in the mouth  ;D

NEW YORK -- New York Knicks sixth man J.R. Smith needed 11 stitches to patch up a deep cut over his right eye, suffered during the Boston Celtics' 102-96 win over the New York Knicks on Monday night.

The incident happened with 1:08 remaining in the fourth quarter, when Smith and Celtics shooting guard Avery Bradley got tangled up during a loose ball situation, and Bradley fouled Smith. The Knicks' medical staff treated Smith on the sideline by putting a bandage on the wound, and then a headband over that to keep it in place.

"It was definitely inadvertent," said Smith of Bradley's foul. "That's just the way he plays. He plays very aggressive defense and I like to play aggressive basketball, so it was fine."

"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #493 on: January 08, 2013, 02:38:25 AM »

Kiorrik

That's a pretty classy response by Smith. Count me impressed.

« Reply #494 on: January 08, 2013, 02:46:56 AM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
nobody said AB was not a huge factor. but he will not make a difference as far as us being a REAL CONTENDER.....we still need a guy to rim protect when KG is out. wilcox and collins are not those guys i am not afraid to say.

Honestly, what more does ABradley need to do show how critical he is to this teams title hopes?

When Bradley took over from Ray last season our team turned from being barely a playoff team to being a serious contender.  We didn't add any key bigs in the process.

This season we couldn't put together a three game stretch of playing "Celtics basketball" until convenietly one game after Bradley's return - we didn't pick up any new bigs over this stretch, the only change we made in that regard was moving Collins to the bench so we have a proper big to back up KG.

I don't know how much of it is about his physical play, his mental boost and his impact on the roster (i.e. ability to move Terry to the bench) but ever since the 4th quarter of his first game back the body language of the entire team has changed. 
Suddenly we have gone from a team who looks lazy and disintersted, to a team that is looks focussed and emotional.  Guys like Green, Terry and Collins (formerly invisible) are now playing lock-down defense.  We're more physical - teams are getting frustrated playing against usagainst us, games are getting chippy and our guys are refusing to back down.  Finally we are showing signs of Celtic effect, which has opposing teams dreading the thought of playing us because they know that even if they win, they aren't coming out of it without a few bumps and bruises. 

I can't tell you what individual aspect changed this (it's probably a combination of them all) but over this three game stretch we are playing 'championship contender' basketball, and we have not played that at all this entire season up to this point.  I find it very hard to believe that this is pure coincidence and that our guys just happened to wake up one game after Bradley returns. If you look at the impact he had last season, that's too much coincidence.
"In three games this season coming into the game against the Knicks, Boston has starved opposing offenses when Bradley is on the court, allowing just 86.5 points per 100 possessions. How good is that? Indiana has the best defensive rating in the NBA this season at 98.9 points per 100 possessions. "

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/dailydime