Author Topic: Worst Celtics Trade - nominations  (Read 19345 times)

Re: Worst Celtics Trade - nominations
« Reply #45 on: October 31, 2011, 02:35:26 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5351
  • Thumper of the BASS!

« Reply #46 on: October 31, 2011, 04:19:43 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Any trade by Pitino has my vote.   He was a prisoner to his system and if someone could not play in it, only solution was to trade them.

« Reply #47 on: October 31, 2011, 04:31:13 PM »

Offline Inside-Out

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 32
Any trade by Pitino has my vote.   He was a prisoner to his system and if someone could not play in it, only solution was to trade them.

The whole Pitino fiasco is an enduring reminder that the GM and Coach should be separate jobs.

« Reply #48 on: October 31, 2011, 04:57:27 PM »

Offline throwedoff

• NCE
  • Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 16
here's my list so far, am I missing any critical ones?

Chauncey Billups for Kenny Anderson

Kenny Anderson, Vitaly Potapenko and Joseph Forte for Vin Baker and Shammond Williams
Joe Johnson, Randy Brown, Milt Palacio and a 1st-round pick for Rodney Rogers and Tony Delk

Andrew DeClerq and 1st-round pick for Vitaly Potapenko

Antoine Walker, Tony Delk for Raef LaFrentz, Jiri Welsch, Chris Mills, and 1st-round pick

Kendrick Perkins and Nate Robinson for Jeff Green, Nenad Krstic, and conditional 1st-round pick
to the first bolded we got the bloated alchoholic Vin Baker which is a shame cuz he had talent smh

To the 2nd bolded can we at least wait to see who the 1st round pick turns out to be and can we give Jeff Green a full season before we declare it one of the worst trades in Celtics history? because if there's a season this year I have a feeling he's going to have a good year

« Reply #49 on: October 31, 2011, 08:20:16 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
No kidding. The Perkins/Green deal has no business on this list, especially given how little Perkins did for OKC.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #50 on: October 31, 2011, 09:36:08 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Thumper of the BASS!
No kidding. The Perkins/Green deal has no business on this list, especially given how little Perkins did for OKC.

no doubt in my mind we would have at least beat the heat with perkins....

when we got the ring perk missed layups...all kinda ez buckets..his d was lacking in certain situations...but when it was crunch time he stepped up...

« Reply #51 on: October 31, 2011, 09:41:35 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25613
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

when we got the ring perk missed layups...all kinda ez buckets..his d was lacking in certain situations...but when it was crunch time he stepped up...

That's my take.  I won't call it the worst trade in history, but it was a bad trade.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #52 on: October 31, 2011, 10:14:55 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609

That's my take.  I won't call it the worst trade in history, but it was a bad trade.

I'm still not sold we woulda beat the heat with no depth at the wing and a hurt Rondo.  If you're assuming Rondo healthy, it's my opinion that we had a fairly equal chance of beating the Heat with or without the Perk trade.  JO did step up and play really well in the postseason.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #53 on: October 31, 2011, 10:16:36 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!

Let's see how the clippers pick pans out first...

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #54 on: October 31, 2011, 10:20:04 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Thumper of the BASS!

I'm still not sold we woulda beat the heat with no depth at the wing and a hurt Rondo.  If you're assuming Rondo healthy, it's my opinion that we had a fairly equal chance of beating the Heat with or without the Perk trade.  JO did step up and play really well in the postseason.

we need different ballas to step up vs certain teams..

with miami rondo was not a factor

we need a force like perkins...

« Reply #55 on: October 31, 2011, 10:28:25 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25613
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

we need different ballas to step up vs certain teams..

with miami rondo was not a factor

we need a force like perkins...

Yeah, somebody to rebound, knock people on their butts, and cut off penetration in the lane.  Having Perk + JO -- instead of just JO for part of the game -- would have helped a lot.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes