Author Topic: Danny creating another 2007 roster  (Read 3616 times)

Re: Danny creating another 2007 roster
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2014, 05:05:41 PM »

Offline PaulAllen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 55
KG and RA were still elite players when the Celtics traded for them.. remember DA gave up the farm for them sans Rondo

« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2014, 05:11:41 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
KG and RA were still elite players when the Celtics traded for them.. remember DA gave up the farm for them sans Rondo

Danny kept TA and 3 of his top 4 players (Rondo, PP and Perk), all of whom were important players  during our time as contenders. He gave up a decent amount, not necessarily the farm.

« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2014, 05:13:54 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
We won in 2008 by getting ringless HOF guys past their primes. That was how we got value.

KG was still an MVP candidate after the trade. The guys were on the tail end of their primes (Ray more than KG obviously) but still had some high level basketball in them.

« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2014, 06:00:10 PM »

Offline tstorey_97

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 586
Ainge will try for "two all stars." As that is what is needed in the NBA. He'll need a third "almost star" and I don't think he has one. Rondo and Sully are up there, but please, neither of these players has hope for anything without great players on the floor with them ok?

Ainge will build the team front court out. Auerbach built his teams around the three great Celtics centers. Ainge did a version of this with Garnett.

I suggest Ainge will do this again. Will he get a "basic center" like Asik/Perkins and then shoot the moon with the rest of the team?

The market is so different from the Garnett trade.

This year's draft pick will be traded as that is what Ainge does...after that statement, he'll probably trade up.

« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2014, 06:03:44 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Monroe I think could be available. I think GS will try to keep Thompson at all costs (they'd probably trade Lee first and foremost).

I think Harrison Barnes could end up being available a couple years from now, though.

Monroe and Barnes aren't really the kind of "stars" I think Ainge is likely to target, though.  You'd need 4-5 guys of that caliber in your starting lineup to compete with the elite.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain