Author Topic: Trade Idea - All in for Beal  (Read 2991 times)

Trade Idea - All in for Beal
« on: February 25, 2021, 11:00:23 AM »

Offline Boise To Boston

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 15
https://tradenba.com/trades/zQaASEox9

Celtics OUT - Teague, Thompson, Kemba, Carsen, Romeo, Grant, Nesmith, 2021 1st, 2023 1st, 2025 1st, 2027 1st
Wizards OUT - Beal and Westbrook

Celtics Start:
Westbrook
Beal
Brown
Tatum
Timelord

Bench - Pritchard, Smart, Semi, Theis, Tacko

Why Boston Does this?  All in for Beal.  Taking back the Westbrook contract makes this attractive (He'll cost more per year than Kemba)
Why Washington Does this?  Reshuffle the deck and get Westbrook off the books.  Kemba is a bad contract too, but is a great locker room guy and has potential to be at least a serviceable shooter in his decline.

Re: Trade Idea - All in for Beal
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2021, 11:07:18 AM »

Offline seancally

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 119
Washington is 2.5 games out of the playoffs. Anyone volunteering to play them in the first round / play-in game? They wanna make the playoffs this season and keep those guys.
"The game honors toughness." - President Stevens

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2021, 11:15:02 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
I probably wouldn't give up four 1st round picks for Beal, I certainly wouldn't for Beal and Westbrook.  Beal isn't a franchise player, he shouldn't cost the type of haul that guys like Harden get and especially with the added expense of Westbrook.  Then you add in Nesmith, Williams, and Langford.  hard pass for me.  Wouldn't even consider it.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2021, 11:19:21 AM »

Offline GreenCoffeeBean

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 91
I probably wouldn't give up four 1st round picks for Beal, I certainly wouldn't for Beal and Westbrook.  Beal isn't a franchise player, he shouldn't cost the type of haul that guys like Harden get and especially with the added expense of Westbrook.  Then you add in Nesmith, Williams, and Langford.  hard pass for me.  Wouldn't even consider it.

Beal is better than Tatum and is definitely a franchise player.

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2021, 11:35:23 AM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
Wizards would be taking in a net +5 players in this deal which makes it logistically unlikely unless they have 5 of their own guys they don't want and are cool w/ buying out.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2021, 11:46:22 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Right now its more like

Wizards fan page =  All in for Tatum

They have done a mini turn around all of a sudden. 5 game winning streak.  Winning last 6 out of 8 games or something like that

IF they leapfrog the Celts I wouldn't be surprised

IF Wizards offered Hachimura, Avdija and four 1sts.   Would you trade Tatum?

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2021, 11:59:33 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Right now its more like

Wizards fan page =  All in for Tatum

They have done a mini turn around all of a sudden. 5 game winning streak.  Winning last 6 out of 8 games or something like that

IF they leapfrog the Celts I wouldn't be surprised

IF Wizards offered Hachimura, Avdija and four 1sts.   Would you trade Tatum?

lol
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2021, 12:04:21 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
At this point I’m willing to trade anyone.  I’d take wizards roster for Celtics straight up

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2021, 12:14:43 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

no on both of those statements.   

Tatum's been lackluster for a few weeks but when tuned in, he's the superior player.   

Beal is also not a franchise player.  he'd be really good as a #2 with a very superior #1 but he's not a franchise player --> someone who can carry a team to the playoffs by themselves and deep into the playoffs with any kind of decent teammates.

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2021, 12:17:30 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

Because age, defense, and injury history are not things worth considering, apparently
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2021, 12:18:43 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith

Tatum's been lackluster for a few weeks but when tuned in, he's the superior player.   

Beal is also not a franchise player.  he'd be really good as a #2 with a very superior #1 but he's not a franchise player --> someone who can carry a team to the playoffs by themselves and deep into the playoffs with any kind of decent teammates.
And we know this because we have seen what the Wizards are when Beal is all alone.  Wall made them go before, without Wall the Wizards haven't been good at all.

« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2021, 12:32:19 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
I would do that deal. I would then immediately work on a buyout/trade of Westbrook.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2021, 12:39:50 PM »

Offline Boise To Boston

• Sam Hauser

And we know this because we have seen what the Wizards are when Beal is all alone.  Wall made them go before, without Wall the Wizards haven't been good at all.

You are right - Wall was the #1 before his injury. But he has Beal, Oubre, Portis, Morris.

Who did Beal have last year?

Beal was on a ten-win team last year. The idea of terrible teams being carried by stars to deep playoff runs is a myth outside of Lebron’s first finals run with Cleveland.

« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2021, 01:00:10 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith

You are right - Wall was the #1 before his injury. But he has Beal, Oubre, Portis, Morris.

Beal was on a ten-win team last year. The idea of terrible teams being carried by stars to deep playoff runs is a myth outside of Lebron’s first finals run with Cleveland.
The Wizards were actually better when Beal was on the bench last year and they are only slightly better with him on the floor this year.  Beal is a secondary star.  He isn't a franchise player, never has been, and never will be.  You don't sell the farm for someone like Beal. 

« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2021, 01:08:19 PM »

Offline Boise To Boston

• Sam Hauser

The Wizards were actually better when Beal was on the bench last year and they are only slightly better with him on the floor this year.  Beal is a secondary star.  He isn't a franchise player, never has been, and never will be.  You don't sell the farm for someone like Beal.

Don’t throw out plus/minus numbers those are dumb.
His roster last year was objectively terrible. Just watch the guy play. He’s a Franchise player.