Author Topic: Looks Like Zion will be out for a while.  (Read 2628 times)

Looks Like Zion will be out for a while.
« on: October 18, 2019, 02:00:08 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277

Re: Looks Like Zion will be out for a while.
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2019, 02:09:05 PM »

Online rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
I guess "healthy big men" and "New Orleans Pelicans" just don't go together.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2019, 02:13:51 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
That's a bummer.  Hopefully this isn't a sign of things to come with his career.  He does carry a lot of weight (albeit muscle).
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2019, 02:35:36 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
It doesn't sound too bad, I don't expect it will impact his first year much at all.

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2019, 04:28:47 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
That's a bummer.  Hopefully this isn't a sign of things to come with his career.  He does carry a lot of weight (albeit muscle).

The physics of that build and that athletic ability are just...I really really hope I'm wrong but I don't see how it holds up for very long. He's like a super-sized Bo Jackson.

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2019, 05:54:24 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
I really hope he becomes a beast, I wish him nothing but the best with the Pels because he's fun to watch! Get healthy and stay that way!
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2019, 06:55:35 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
This could be a sign of things to come given his size and how violent his movements and actions are. I could see a Larry Johnson type career...great for 4-5 years then the injuries will catch up to him and he flames out by 30 years of age.

One thing I noticed about his preseason...he doesn't appear like he is going to be an elite rebounder. Maybe he tops out at being LeBron good at rebounding, like maybe 7 or 8 a game, but he won't be great at it. For a guy that has being a small ball center in his future, that's not good.

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2019, 07:00:49 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
This could be a sign of things to come given his size and how violent his movements and actions are. I could see a Larry Johnson type career...great for 4-5 years then the injuries will catch up to him and he flames out by 30 years of age.

One thing I noticed about his preseason...he doesn't appear like he is going to be an elite rebounder. Maybe he tops out at being LeBron good at rebounding, like maybe 7 or 8 a game, but he won't be great at it. For a guy that has being a small ball center in his future, that's not good.

I originally thought he would struggle in the NBA too, but his extraordinary preseason suggests otherwise. 

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2019, 10:27:39 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN

His passing is incredible for a player of his build though, I've watched some clips of him and his knack of uncorking high value passes is insane.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2019, 10:19:43 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441

For a guy who spends so much time on the perimeter, attacking the rim from the perimeter, and leading fast breaks I can't understand why so many people want to make him a center.  He's very muscular and strong but a center is the last thing I think of when looking at Zion's game. 

« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2019, 10:20:48 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

For a guy who spends so much time on the perimeter, attacking the rim from the perimeter, and leading fast breaks I can't understand why so many people want to make him a center.  He's very muscular and strong but a center is the last thing I think of when looking at Zion's game.
I don't think it's his game now. Just eventually.

« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2019, 11:28:59 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441

I don't think it's his game now. Just eventually.
Yeah, could be.  I also assume the injuries will add up and force him to change his game eventually.  But I'm hoping he's  more along the lines of Blake Griffin as opposed to becoming a role player like Larry Johnson.