Author Topic: NBA 2019 Playoffs Thread  (Read 232763 times)

Re: NBA 2019 Playoffs Thread
« Reply #720 on: April 23, 2019, 12:56:44 AM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1362
Wow, The freak is just getting spoon feed by the refs...

We just have to plan for that. Giannis is a league darling, they will let him travel and give him friendly calls all night long. We have to overcome all that, it will be us vs the Bucks AND the refs.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #721 on: April 23, 2019, 01:00:39 AM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
Wow, The freak is just getting spoon feed by the refs...

We just have to plan for that. Giannis is a league darling, they will let him travel and give him friendly calls all night long. We have to overcome all that, it will be us vs the Bucks AND the refs.

I still think we can win vs all that. I really hope we don't have to sit through 40+ free throws for the Bucks every game...

« Reply #722 on: April 23, 2019, 01:04:46 AM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
Jazz just got a horrible call against sending Harden to the line!!!

« Reply #723 on: April 23, 2019, 01:07:03 AM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
The Jazz got one!

« Reply #724 on: April 23, 2019, 01:07:40 AM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Jazz may have saved their season tonight.

But it all ends Wednesday for them.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #725 on: April 23, 2019, 06:15:03 AM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth

Not quite sure how winning only one game salvages the season for them, sure now it is not a totall embaressment.
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

« Reply #726 on: April 23, 2019, 06:20:07 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Not quite sure how winning only one game salvages the season for them, sure now it is not a totall embaressment.
Maybe he meant literally considering their season was extended? Only explanation I can think of
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #727 on: April 23, 2019, 06:24:36 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #728 on: April 23, 2019, 06:35:15 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
RW fans, spare us from praising him - eternally.
Thank you.

Winning-basketball fan
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #729 on: April 23, 2019, 09:25:11 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
Make that 18 more attempts and 4 less makes

Did you watch the game? Repeatedly there would be the same call on both ends and a foul called on Detroit and nothing called on bucks. Theybwould have lost either way, but that reffing was an embarrassment (as is trying to defend it). I really hope you didn’t watch it and come to that conclusion. My respect of your b-ball knowledge would take a hit
didn't watch the game and I absolutely take all your word that the foul call disparity was a result of poor reffing, but at the end of the day, Detroit was 41-100 from the field while Milwaukee was 43-79.  When you shoot 21 more FG's you should win the game and when you don't it is because despite shooting 21 more FG's you made 2 less (and Detroit shot and made more 3's, so it wasn't just 3 pointers either).  And statistically, Detroit committed only 10 more fouls yet had 29 less FT's.  Aggressiveness is often rewarded and at least from the highlights, Giannis was in fact getting fouled when he drove to the paint.  Now as you say, Detroit was getting fouled driving to the paint and wasn't getting the calls, that is unfortunate, but sometimes that happens, but Detroit lost this game because they couldn't hit the broad side of a barn for most of the game (they were actually a respectable 38% from 3, it was the 2 point range that was the problem). 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #730 on: April 23, 2019, 11:41:06 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Did you watch the game? Repeatedly there would be the same call on both ends and a foul called on Detroit and nothing called on bucks. Theybwould have lost either way, but that reffing was an embarrassment (as is trying to defend it). I really hope you didn’t watch it and come to that conclusion. My respect of your b-ball knowledge would take a hit
didn't watch the game and I absolutely take all your word that the foul call disparity was a result of poor reffing, but at the end of the day, Detroit was 41-100 from the field while Milwaukee was 43-79.  When you shoot 21 more FG's you should win the game and when you don't it is because despite shooting 21 more FG's you made 2 less (and Detroit shot and made more 3's, so it wasn't just 3 pointers either).  And statistically, Detroit committed only 10 more fouls yet had 29 less FT's.  Aggressiveness is often rewarded and at least from the highlights, Giannis was in fact getting fouled when he drove to the paint.  Now as you say, Detroit was getting fouled driving to the paint and wasn't getting the calls, that is unfortunate, but sometimes that happens, but Detroit lost this game because they couldn't hit the broad side of a barn for most of the game (they were actually a respectable 38% from 3, it was the 2 point range that was the problem).
Milwaukee shot so many less FGs because they were shooting free throws. Milwaukee also shot the ball very well.

Detroit, under the structure of how the game was played and called, could have shot 50/40/90 and still loss the game.

A 29 point deficit on FTs to a good FT shooting team, is almost always going to result in a loss. Even if you shoot exceptionally good.

Detroit shot 44% from the field for the year. They aren't a good shooting team at all. Detroit would have had to shoot way, way better than they normally would have to win this game.

We aren't talking just a few shots they would have had to make to win. They would have needed 8 more threes or 12 more twos.

Detroit lost not because they shot poorly. They lost because Milwaukee played much better and had a ridiculous advantage at the line.p

« Reply #731 on: April 23, 2019, 11:46:25 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533

Milwaukee shot so many less FGs because they were shooting free throws. Milwaukee also shot the ball very well.

Detroit, under the structure of how the game was played and called, could have shot 50/40/90 and still loss the game.

A 29 point deficit on FTs to a good FT shooting team, is almost always going to result in a loss. Even if you shoot exceptionally good.

Detroit shot 44% from the field for the year. They aren't a good shooting team at all. Detroit would have had to shoot way, way better than they normally would have to win this game.

We aren't talking just a few shots they would have had to make to win. They would have needed 8 more threes or 12 more twos.

Detroit lost not because they shot poorly. They lost because Milwaukee played much better and had a ridiculous advantage at the line.p
12 more 2's and they still would have shot a worse percentage than the Bucks.  Obviously there was a foul and FT disparity, but you can't win a game when your opponent despite shooting 21 less FG's made more than you.  Even if the FT attempts were closer, they still wouldn't have won with that dreadful shooting. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #732 on: April 23, 2019, 12:03:21 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386

Bucks are clearly the better team and giannnis clearly the best player on the floors, but Detroit played really well for 3.5 quarters. There was just a string of plays where Blake or someone else would drive to the paint would have a ton of contact and nothing would be called and a very similar play would happen on the other end and it would be two free throws. After this happened something like 6 or 7 times out of 9 Detroit’s got disheartened and started taking some terrible shots. I, and my friend watching this, don’t really have any skin in the game. It’s not like if Detroit somehow won a single game the celtics have much better odds next game. It was really frustrating to the point it made me think one of the refs was on the take or had something funny going on. You hate to see that and feel like the pistons had their maybe 2% chance of winning a game taken away from them by the refs.

« Reply #733 on: April 23, 2019, 03:37:26 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja

12 more 2's and they still would have shot a worse percentage than the Bucks.  Obviously there was a foul and FT disparity, but you can't win a game when your opponent despite shooting 21 less FG's made more than you.  Even if the FT attempts were closer, they still wouldn't have won with that dreadful shooting.
antetokounmpo had 8 more free throws himself than the entire detroit team collectively.  :o
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #734 on: April 23, 2019, 04:23:12 PM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 590

antetokounmpo had 8 more free throws himself than the entire detroit team collectively.  :o

Get ready because that's what we'll be tasting soon. The NBA is going to pull a WWE in these playoffs and put Giannis "over."
LeRoid is done and the league needs a new face. Hopefully Boston can play through it, but I don't have my hopes up.
Still don't believe in Joe.