Author Topic: G-League / Red Claws Season Thread 2019-2020  (Read 71448 times)

Re: G-League Season 2018-2019
« Reply #45 on: November 17, 2019, 03:31:42 PM »

Online hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
maine just pummeled the raptors.

tacko had 21 points on 9 for 9 shooting! he also shot 2/3 from the FT line. that is an important improvement if he keeps it up.

5 rebounds and 2 assists. only a single block. ho hum.

waters went 8 points with 10 assists and 4 rebounds, with a couple of steals. only 2/7 from 3 point land.

romeo did not play.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #46 on: November 20, 2019, 11:44:01 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 617
Anyone have a stream for the Claws? Tacko going off
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #47 on: November 20, 2019, 11:56:15 AM »

Online bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4586
What the heck is going on?  There's a G-League game starting at 11am on a workday in the middle of the week?

That's an odd start for a weekend or holiday, let a lone a regular Wednesday.

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #48 on: November 20, 2019, 08:22:52 PM »

Online hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • bammokja
What the heck is going on?  There's a G-League game starting at 11am on a workday in the middle of the week?

doesnt matter. you can still watch the game for free on the g league website.

and in that early starting game...

Tacko went for 14 pts, 7 rbs, and 3 blocks. and a less attractive 4 TO and 4 fouls in 24 minutes.

waters did well. 24 pts, 2 rbs, 9 assists, 3 steals, and 2 blocks! he also had 4 TO.

romeo was a DNP.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #49 on: November 20, 2019, 09:22:44 PM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 617

doesnt matter. you can still watch the game for free on the g league website.

and in that early starting game...

Tacko went for 14 pts, 7 rbs, and 3 blocks. and a less attractive 4 TO and 4 fouls in 24 minutes.

waters did well. 24 pts, 2 rbs, 9 assists, 3 steals, and 2 blocks! he also had 4 TO.

romeo was a DNP.

It's ESPN+ paywalled.
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #50 on: November 23, 2019, 09:33:04 PM »

Online hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • bammokja
I am watching the Red Claws play the baby Knicks. Tacko has only played a few minutes but something is very clear so far, both from this game and from the season. Tacko Fall is not going to be leading any fast breaks. His game works only in the half-court, which is fine, but it is a limitation. He also has problems when he has to play out near the 3 point line.

But under the basket he is good.

Waters, on the other hand, has NBA skills. He can shoot and pass. His defense is so so.

UPDATE: Aaaaaaaaannnnnndddd....Maine is now 5-0 to open the season.

Our very own Tacko Fall has a line of 10 points, 11 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 block, and 3 turnovers. He played 19 minutes. Usually he was in for 4 to 5 minutes periods of time.

Waters started and looked pretty good, racking up 24 points with 3 rebounds, 8 assists, 1 steal, and 2 turnovers. He shot 5 for 12 on three pointers. It took him 31 minutes to get all these stats. He is a very smart player and if he was 4 inches taller I believe he would be with the Celtics soon, if not right now.

On defense he is good out around the perimeter, but as expected for someone 5'10" had trouble with some matchups under the basket.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #51 on: November 23, 2019, 09:51:19 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 533
They didn't look for Tacko much.  And a few of the times when they tried to get him the ball near the basket the passes were too low.  Not his best game, but his presence makes it easier for everyone else. The Knicks, I noticed, would keep a 2nd defender in help position against him depending on where the ball was on the perimeter.  Because of that the Red Claws were getting plenty of open 3 looks when the moved the ball.

Waters looked really good.

« Reply #52 on: November 23, 2019, 10:18:53 PM »

Offline CptZoogs

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 79
I am watching the Red Claws play the baby Knicks. Tacko has only played a few minutes but something is very clear so far, both from this game and from the season. Tacko Fall is not going to be leading any fast breaks. His game works only in the half-court, which is fine, but it is a limitation. He also has problems when he has to play out near the 3 point line.

But under the basket he is good.

Waters, on the other hand, has NBA skills. He can shoot and pass. His defense is so so.

UPDATE: Aaaaaaaaannnnnndddd....Maine is now 5-0 to open the season.

Our very own Tacko Fall has a line of 10 points, 11 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 block, and 3 turnovers. He played 19 minutes. Usually he was in for 4 to 5 minutes periods of time.

Waters started and looked pretty good, racking up 24 points with 3 rebounds, 8 assists, 1 steal, and 2 turnovers. He shot 5 for 12 on three pointers. It took him 31 minutes to get all these stats. He is a very smart player and if he was 4 inches taller I believe he would be with the Celtics soon, if not right now.

On defense he is good out around the perimeter, but as expected for someone 5'10" had trouble with some matchups under the basket.

I was at the game tonight.  Tacko really gets pushed around too easily down low.  Needs to work on strength.  The reaction speed also isn’t there, but I’m not sure you can improve that.  His presence out there does impact the game though.  He takes up a lot of space and draws a lot of attention from the defense.

Tacko, Tremont lead Red Claws to first 5-0 start
« Reply #53 on: November 24, 2019, 11:22:41 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/celtics/red-claws-how-tacko-tremont-fared-saturday

Good for them. Waters could end up becoming the best pick for the Celts from the 2019 draft. Reminds me of Van Vleet

Waters highlights
https://youtu.be/I4bT1EhCp2k
https://youtu.be/84IG-YOHiFs

Re: Tacko, Tremont lead Red Claws to first 5-0 start
« Reply #54 on: November 24, 2019, 12:12:08 PM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 391
I like Waters and I hope he gets his shot in the NBA. I like him more than Edwards right now
- LilRip

« Reply #55 on: November 24, 2019, 12:44:54 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Tremont can threaten to penetrate better than Edwards, which makes the defender back off more, which frees him up for the 3. 

Edwards seems to shrink if he is not hitting his 3.  I think he needs to stop putting pressure on himself, and let it come more organically.

In fairness, Tremont is facing G League defenders, Edwards is facing NBA players.  Quite a difference, as summer league and preseason demonstrated.

« Reply #56 on: November 24, 2019, 01:57:34 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823
https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/celtics/red-claws-how-tacko-tremont-fared-saturday

Good for them. Waters could end up becoming the best pick for the Celts from the 2019 draft. Reminds me of Van Vleet

Waters highlights
https://youtu.be/I4bT1EhCp2k
https://youtu.be/84IG-YOHiFs

Per team measurements on NBA.com, Tre is giving up 3 inches and 22 pounds to FVV. Seems about right by eye test. Be interesting to see how he copes with that .

« Reply #57 on: November 24, 2019, 02:01:44 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
Don't think that Waters plays a similar style compared to Van Jordan tbh, the latter is bulkier and stronger from what I've seen, and isn't as reliant on quickness.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #58 on: November 24, 2019, 06:24:11 PM »

Offline CptZoogs

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 79
Waters called up.  Hope to see him get some NBA minutes.

« Reply #59 on: November 26, 2019, 10:38:44 PM »

Online hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • bammokja
the battling crustaceans lost their first game without waters and their first game of the season.

but tacko was tacko once more. in 22 minutes he scored 16 points, had 18 rebounds (14 offensive), 2 assists, and 1 block. he shot 0-1 FT and 8-13 fg.

oh, and memphis also had Josh Jackson. yes, that Josh Jackson. he went 11 for 19 for 23 points, 5 rebounds, 1 assists, 5 steals, 1 block.

thank you mr. jackson for blowing off a workout for the celtics.
- Vandana Shiva