Author Topic: KG and PP future rides on Rondo's recovery  (Read 354 times)

KG and PP future rides on Rondo's recovery
« on: May 06, 2013, 11:44:19 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 421
This is just speculation, and let me add that if KG and PP want to come back Danny needs to give them one last run.

But I have to believe that Rondo's recovery will be the lynch pin for next season. At the time of his injury Jan 25th reports where to expect a 9-12 month recovers after surgery. He had surgery Feb 14th this puts his return between mid October and mid January. After returning we will likely not be 100% at any time next season (I just remember TA being tentative when he first came back from his knee surgery).

If KG and Paul are debating what to do next year a large part has to ride on if Rondo is back for October or will he need the full 12+ months? I would guess that a slow recovery could push KG and PP into retiring or moving on rather than carrying this team in the hope of Rondo return at his old form for the 2nd half of the season.

With that said if Paul and KG are not coming back there would be a few options that I could see happening.

If KG reties and Paul is moved than pierce becomes two different possible assets.

A. An high priced one year rental for a title contender.
  possible trades. Pierce (plus possible cap filler) for
     Warriors- Jefferson, Rush, future pick
     Mavericks- Marion, S&T Wright
     Indiana -  Granger,Mahinmi
     Lakers - world peace, Hill, Duhon     

B. A salary dump for a team with $$$ trouble. Either luxury taxed teams or just teams needing to get rid of a poor contract. Cutting Pierce means he only gets paid 5mill. Pierce + filler for
     Lakers  - Gasol
     Bucks   - Gooden,Moute, Udoh
     Nets    - Humphries, Teletovic
     Warriors- same as above
     Kings   - Salmons, Thompson
     Pistons - Villanueva, Jerebko
     Raptors - Bargnani, Fields, future 1st

obviously some of these trade are terrible other may be more palatable but none are giving back the production lost in Pierce.

The other side of this is if KG and PP both want to keep playing but dont see it happening on a rebuilding boston team. If this is the case then I think the above situations still hold for Paul and a KG to Clippers for Bledsoe and Jordan trade needs to happen. 

« Last Edit: May 06, 2013, 01:15:46 PM by CFAN38 »
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet