Author Topic: I think Bron returns to Heat  (Read 2797 times)

Re: I think Bron returns to Heat
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2024, 11:19:04 AM »

Offline MattyIce

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 743
Hard to imagine while Bronny is enrolled at USC.

Bronny is one-and-done, right?

In LeBron's mind he is. But he honestly isn't that good. Rotation player in college. The younger son is the better player.
I don't think we have any indication on that. He certainly has never said anything close to that

he didn't say anything close to Bronny is "one and done'?
nothing even close to that recently, you know post heart condition.

A couple days ago he reportedly just said " he (Bronny) could play for us (lakers) "right now" ...if true, that implies he considers him one and done
Is that more or less likely than the possibility that he's just talking up his kid like every other sports parent on the planet?

could be...maybe...maybe not.  If you ask me he's either being drafted by the fakers if they can get him more needed help,(as usual) and if his agency can't hook him up again, he will tell some team that he considers a lock for a a chip to draft his son so he can use that excuse to join him..and then drain their resources before he leaves for greener pastures like he has always done

regardless Moranis said "he certainly hasn't said anything close to that recently"

« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2024, 11:38:45 AM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2958
  • On To Banner 18!
The PAC-12 network literally put this graphic out recently. Jesus...

Lebron hasn't directly said Bronny is "one and done", and that perspective probably has changed since the recent heart condition, however he definitely did say Bronny can play for the Lakers right now. I know he's Lebron, but still imagine being a Lakers or USC teammate for them. That's got to annoy some folks.

Truth be told, I see Bronny similar to LiAngelo Ball. He'll get his chances due to fame but I don't see him materializing much of a career in the NBA. I could be dead wrong of course, but most of the projections on him just seem like hype. Plus add the recent medical issues which might affect his long term outlook.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2024, 12:24:03 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
The PAC-12 network literally put this graphic out recently. Jesus...

Lebron hasn't directly said Bronny is "one and done", and that perspective probably has changed since the recent heart condition, however he definitely did say Bronny can play for the Lakers right now. I know he's Lebron, but still imagine being a Lakers or USC teammate for them. That's got to annoy some folks.

Truth be told, I see Bronny similar to LiAngelo Ball. He'll get his chances due to fame but I don't see him materializing much of a career in the NBA. I could be dead wrong of course, but most of the projections on him just seem like hype. Plus add the recent medical issues which might affect his long term outlook.

He might have stared at William and Mary or secondary smaller colleges .  And he needs like four years to develop his skills .  He has none of the basketball physical gift of speed, height and natural muscle  strength of LeBron …who looked 30 at age 20 .  I ve never thought of him being a leader , ball handler, shooter or floor general like CP3 either.  He might play overseas league based on his name alone.  Only when his father buys a team , will he stay in NBA .  He ll probably be minority owner of a team he ll inherit from Le Whine.

« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2024, 12:28:19 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

In LeBron's mind he is. But he honestly isn't that good. Rotation player in college. The younger son is the better player.
I don't think we have any indication on that. He certainly has never said anything close to that

A couple days ago he reportedly just said " he (Bronny) could play for us (lakers) "right now" ...if true, that implies he considers him one and done
Is that more or less likely than the possibility that he's just talking up his kid like every other sports parent on the planet?

A sports parent with a giant pulpit and an incredible amount of leverage.  Bronny could have Colton Iverson's talent in Allen Iverson's body and he'd still get drafted.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2024, 12:50:27 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 977
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

A sports parent with a giant pulpit and an incredible amount of leverage.  Bronny could have Colton Iverson's talent in Allen Iverson's body and he'd still get drafted.
Right, but only because LeBron said he wants to play with his son.

« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2024, 02:20:53 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Celtics have a million 2nd round picks. Use one of them on Bronny, and work out Laker trade. They have a few guys who could fit into the back of our rotation.

Leverage is a beautiful thing.

« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2024, 02:23:35 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1410
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Part of why Lebron went to LA was because of the opportunities off the court and I don't see that having changed at all. There may have been a point where winning was the main priority for him but I think he's more focused on his post-career life now. Multiple championships, MVPs, and the all-time leading scorer - what else is there to prove for him in the NBA?
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2024, 02:27:57 PM »

Offline Kernewek

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 264
  • International Superstar

Right, but only because LeBron said he wants to play with his son.
Exactly. And while I'm sure every parent would advocate for their child getting an NBA salary instead of an NCAA salary as soon as possible, I'm not sure we can treat that as a real assessment of Bronny's talent level or any opinion on what the kid will wind up doing at school.

It wouldn't surprise me if he declared for the NBA as soon as possible, of course.
Man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much—the wheel, New York, wars and so on—whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time.

But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man—for precisely the same reasons.

« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2024, 03:51:27 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
Part of why Lebron went to LA was because of the opportunities off the court and I don't see that having changed at all. There may have been a point where winning was the main priority for him but I think he's more focused on his post-career life now. Multiple championships, MVPs, and the all-time leading scorer - what else is there to prove for him in the NBA?
that and his family wanted to live there. I just don't see Lebron leaving LA except potentially to play with one of his sons his final year (whenever that is). I do think he might sign one of this ceremonial contracts to retire a Cav.

Now post career, he may have Vegas in his future as the owner of a Vegas NBA team.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2024, 04:24:15 PM »

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298
Didn't LeBron burn the bridge with Pat Riley simply by leaving the Heat? I never had the impression that Riley was one to forgive.

« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2024, 04:26:54 PM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 986
Didn't LeBron burn the bridge with Pat Riley simply by leaving the Heat? I never had the impression that Riley was one to forgive.

He let Wade come back.

« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2024, 04:32:31 PM »

Offline Kernewek

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 264
  • International Superstar
that and his family wanted to live there. I just don't see Lebron leaving LA except potentially to play with one of his sons his final year (whenever that is). I do think he might sign one of this ceremonial contracts to retire a Cav.

Now post career, he may have Vegas in his future as the owner of a Vegas NBA team.
Someone with more geographical expertise can correct me, but surely you would rather live in LA than Las Vegas and just commute to Nevada as needed? I've never been to either city but that's my impression, cost being a non-issue.
Man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much—the wheel, New York, wars and so on—whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time.

But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man—for precisely the same reasons.

« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2024, 04:37:24 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1002

Someone with more geographical expertise can correct me, but surely you would rather live in LA than Las Vegas and just commute to Nevada as needed? I've never been to either city but that's my impression, cost being a non-issue.

Well LA to Vegas is about 4 hour drive on a good day. But LeBron is a multi-millionaire so he'll just fly there and get there in 45 mins.

I'd love to move to Nevada from LA. Only downside is Vegas desert temperatures can hit 110+ on peak summer and mostly high hot temps between June - September.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2024, 11:02:59 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2411
Bronny looks like a good role player. Smart. Well-rounded. Plays both ends. Can make open shots. Takes care of the ball. Makes good passes. Smart player.

Lacks high end talent. Lacks explosiveness off the dribble with limits his creation on offense. Both shot-creation and playmaking. More of an off-ball player. A limited setup PG who can play off of a playmaking wing. Be a solid all-round guy off another playmaker.

His lack of size makes it tough for him to fit next to another PG and his lack of dribble penetration makes it tough for him to survive without a strong playmaking wing next to him. So fit will matter a lot.

Get the fit right and he could be pretty solid in the NBA. And his fit next to his father would be perfect for him. So hopefully that works out.

« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2024, 12:06:05 AM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
Bill Simmons discussed this on his recent podcast, and the more I ponder it, the more it makes sense, especially if the Lakers fall out of the play-in.

What kind of package does a 39-year-old, top 15 player, demand?

Lowry
Robinson
Two First Rounders

That's my guess; Robinson may be redirected to a third team for an expiring deal, like Detroit’s Joe Harris.

I guess he goes to whoever picks Bronny...even if it's to sign for a vet min.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D