Author Topic: Opinions on Adama Sanogo?  (Read 2395 times)

Opinions on Adama Sanogo?
« on: June 13, 2023, 10:49:01 PM »

Offline obnoxiousmime

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 258
Can he play PF? He has a winning pedigree, with not just a national title but the tournament's most outstanding player award. He showed some range by making 36.5% of his 3s in his most recent year, albeit in a small sample size (19/52). His FT% went up every year from 58% to a respectable 77%. He has an NBA ready body, tipping the scales at 245 pounds. By all accounts he's a solid worker and team guy.

He measured a respectable 6'7.25 w/o shoes with a 7'2.75'' wingspan and 9'0.50'' standing reach. Also, he has a 9.75'' hand size (eat your heart out, Jaylen!).

For some reference, Grant Williams weighed 240 lbs. and measured 6'5.75'' w/o shoes with a 6'9.75'' wingspan and 8'8.5'' standing reach (2019 combine).

If he can passably play PF, I'd be very happy with him at 35. Looking at his clips, he still moves like a big man as opposed to a modern PF, but at 35 overall I don't think you worry as much about him being a tweener.

Re: Opinions on Adama Sanogo?
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2023, 11:20:56 PM »

Offline lbgreen33

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 51
Can he play PF? He has a winning pedigree, with not just a national title but the tournament's most outstanding player award. He showed some range by making 36.5% of his 3s in his most recent year, albeit in a small sample size (19/52). His FT% went up every year from 58% to a respectable 77%. He has an NBA ready body, tipping the scales at 245 pounds. By all accounts he's a solid worker and team guy.

He measured a respectable 6'7.25 w/o shoes with a 7'2.75'' wingspan and 9'0.50'' standing reach. Also, he has a 9.75'' hand size (eat your heart out, Jaylen!).

For some reference, Grant Williams weighed 240 lbs. and measured 6'5.75'' w/o shoes with a 6'9.75'' wingspan and 8'8.5'' standing reach (2019 combine).
If he can passably play PF, I'd be very happy with him at 35. Looking at his clips, he still moves like a big man as opposed to a modern PF, but at 35 overall I don't think you worry as much about him being a tweener.
I did a whole post on him. I think he will be an NBA Allstar. Yes, at PF. He is not tall enough in the NBA to be a center, but at PF, I believe he will be a force. I Love his game and would take him late in the first round if we had a pick, but to me he is a steal if he is available at 35!!!

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2023, 12:15:41 AM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 986
Unless the NBA trends back towards two bigs, I don’t think he can spend much time at PF, as NBA power forwards will likely be too mobile for him in general, on top of the switches he’d face.  I do think he’s a viable NBA center, however.

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2023, 12:52:12 AM »

Offline obnoxiousmime

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 258

I did a whole post on him. I think he will be an NBA Allstar. Yes, at PF. He is not tall enough in the NBA to be a center, but at PF, I believe he will be a force. I Love his game and would take him late in the first round if we had a pick, but to me he is a steal if he is available at 35!!!

Oh sorry, I didn't see that post. I don't see any mocks that have him in the first round, why do you think he won't last until 35? All-star sounds like a massive stretch to me. I think he could play 4 in some lineups but probably he's a small ball 5 most of the time.

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2023, 07:34:56 AM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
Well, from a personal point of view, I had a good chat with him traveling from Indy back to Boston. 

I'd certainly take him over yet another guard or wing at 35.  He put up when it counted, that's for sure, and improved every year in school.
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."