Author Topic: Rumor: NOLA Want Henderson  (Read 2995 times)

Rumor: NOLA Want Henderson
« on: June 12, 2023, 08:50:17 PM »

Offline Ed Monix

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 213
  • Signature move: Punch to the jejunum
The Pelicans are expected to pursue the second or third overall pick in hopes of landing Scoot Henderson, per Shams Charania
5' 10" former point guard

Career highlight: 1973-74 championship, Boston Celtics

Career lowlight: traded for a washing machine

Re: Rumor: NOLA Want Henderson
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2023, 09:10:57 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2406
Surely the only way they can get the #2 or #3 pick is by giving up Ingram or Zion. They have no other talent on their roster that can command that type of trade value.

I wonder how well Scoot would fit with Zion. Scoot looks a better fit with Ingram than Zion.

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2023, 10:48:26 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
Surely the only way they can get the #2 or #3 pick is by giving up Ingram or Zion. They have no other talent on their roster that can command that type of trade value.

I wonder how well Scoot would fit with Zion. Scoot looks a better fit with Ingram than Zion.
Yeah 14 is probably too far back to provide a ton of value, but the Pelicans have a bunch of extra future 1st round picks, which could be useful (a Lakers pick, 2 Bucks 1st's, and several years of swap rights).  Probably not enough, but they could also clear out a whole bunch of Charlotte salary. 

This seems like a very strong package for 2 (and it could be as simple as Murphy and the picks with none of the other players).

2, Hayward

for

Murphy, Daniels, Lewis, Nance, Temple, 14, Pelicans 24, Lakers 24 or 25, Bucks 25, Pelicans 26, Bucks 27

Something like that.  They keep Ingram, Zion, McCollum, and Jonas, but not much else.  However, they get their man so to speak and Hayward could be useful for them this year.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2023, 11:13:18 PM by Moranis »
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2023, 12:18:01 AM »

Offline Ed Monix

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 213
  • Signature move: Punch to the jejunum

Yeah 14 is probably too far back to provide a ton of value, but the Pelicans have a bunch of extra future 1st round picks, which could be useful (a Lakers pick, 2 Bucks 1st's, and several years of swap rights).  Probably not enough, but they could also clear out a whole bunch of Charlotte salary. 

This seems like a very strong package for 2 (and it could be as simple as Murphy and the picks with none of the other players).

2, Hayward

for

Murphy, Daniels, Lewis, Nance, Temple, 14, Pelicans 24, Lakers 24 or 25, Bucks 25, Pelicans 26, Bucks 27

Something like that.  They keep Ingram, Zion, McCollum, and Jonas, but not much else.  However, they get their man so to speak and Hayward could be useful for them this year.

Apparently Charlotte want to select Miller with the second pick, so it might be Portland they intend to negotiate with for Scoot Henderson.

It would make sense for both Portland and New Orleans. Lillard gets a ‘win now’ teammate in Ingram and the Pelicans get their franchise point guard.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2023, 12:23:28 AM by Ed Monix »
5' 10" former point guard

Career highlight: 1973-74 championship, Boston Celtics

Career lowlight: traded for a washing machine

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2023, 06:24:31 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Pretty interesting.

Boston gets: Ingram / Zion

NOP gets: #3 & Simons

Portland gets: Brown

I would prefer Ingram, but Zion would be intriguing. Have no faith in his health, but he is still an almighty talent.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2023, 10:37:10 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 421
I just posted this in the trade thread so it should probably get erased...

My prediction is we see a Zion for #2 pick and Hayward based trade.

Pelicans move in a different direction with a team built around an attacking guard and a lot of perimeter shooting (CJ, Ingram, Murphy). This trade only makes sense if their insider dealings with Zion have them convinced that his weight and injures will continue to be an issue.

The Hornets make a huge gamble on Zion's injury history but also create an electric tandem in Ball and Zion.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2023, 10:43:43 AM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
I just posted this in the trade thread so it should probably get erased...

My prediction is we see a Zion for #2 pick and Hayward based trade.

Pelicans move in a different direction with a team built around an attacking guard and a lot of perimeter shooting (CJ, Ingram, Murphy). This trade only makes sense if their insider dealings with Zion have them convinced that his weight and injures will continue to be an issue.

The Hornets make a huge gamble on Zion's injury history but also create an electric tandem in Ball and Zion.

I think the Hornets have to give a bit more, but I love the idea of that. Makes the league more fun.

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2023, 10:56:29 AM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486
As Moranis detailed above, the Pelicans can throw a boat load of picks at the top of the draft. If you were the Hornets or Blazers would that interest you? I feel like that wouldn't necessarily help either of those teams.

If the Blazers want Scoot, they are going to have to move Dame. If they want to keep Dame, the idea would be to get immediate help for your rapidly aging score first small guard. Picks don't help unless you flip them into impact players.

The Hornets have more flexibility, but you would have to think they would want one of The Pelicans stars to pull themselves out of mediocrity now. I would think if they want Scoot they could move Ball, and if they believe in Ball they would take Miller.
#JKJB

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2023, 11:43:33 AM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 292
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am
Pretty interesting.

Boston gets: Ingram / Zion

NOP gets: #3 & Simons

Portland gets: Brown

I would prefer Ingram, but Zion would be intriguing. Have no faith in his health, but he is still an almighty talent.

In another topic I said that I wouldn't do it. But it's [dang] intriguing indeed.
I think Zion would be a good fit in Boston. Tatum and Brown both play a lot on the perimeter and utilize the same spaces. While Zion is more active in the post with drives and cuts. And the attention Tatum and Zion draw individually will make both their jobs easier.

Also on defense Zion is physical, but Williams can bring the necessary rim protection and versatiliy.
White is a good lob thrower. Zion + Williams would be reminiscent of Griffin + Jordan in lob city. The injury risk is major unfortunately. In the ideal outcome it's a front court that will inflict a lot of fear in any team.

I have a hard time imagining the Pelicans give up on a talent like Zion. It's probably going to be a different kind of deal.