Author Topic: 2023 Offseason Trade Predictions  (Read 870 times)

2023 Offseason Trade Predictions
« on: May 27, 2023, 10:38:25 AM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 224
Trade #1: Portland reloads.

POR gets: Lauri Markkanen & Colin Sexton
UTA gets: Anfernee Simons, #3 pick (probably Brandon Miller), #23 pick, 2025 1st (Top 8 protected).

Why for Portland: Portlands dead set on getting Dame a ring. They finally have some lucrative assets to try to achieve that. Markannen is legit and can really help take some of the scoring burden off Dame, and is on a bargain of a contract until 2025.

Why for Utah: Markkanen and Sextons trade values will likely never be higher. Danny gets a potential All Star, a top 3 pick, and two more 1sts to add to the Donovan Mitchell haul.

Trade #2: Chicago gets out of the Zach LaVine contract

BKN gets: Zach LaVine
CHI gets: Ben Simmons, Cam Thomas, #22 pick, 2025 PHX 1st (unprotected).

Why for Brooklyn: Nets get another star whose still only 27 to pair with Mikal Bridges, get the Ben Simmons saga over with, and only have to give up 2 picks, both likely to be in the 20's.

Why for Chicago: It's no secret the Bulls have had some buyers remorse since signing LaVine to his big contract. They get out of the deal, and get some assets in return. This is likely the best they can do if they want to trade LaVine. Only team i can see possibly outbidding this offer is the Knicks.

Trade #3: Dallas gets depth

DAL gets: Bojan Bogdanovic, Marvin Bagley, Isaiah Stewart
DET gets: #10 pick, Josh Green, Davis Bertans, Reggie Bullock, 2025 1st

Why for Dallas: Mavericks need to show Luka they are serious about winning before he bolts. Dallas arguably had the least depth of any team not named the Suns this year, this would help big time with that. They can use their large contracts and assets to restore the teams depth like the Lakers did this past deadline.

Why for Detroit: Pistons are going nowhere fast. Their journey back to relevance was extended even more when they were screwed out of a top 3 pick at this years lottery. I can't really think of a reason for them not to trade their vets for more assets at this point. They also get back two pretty tradable contracts as well.

Trade #4: Warriors get Siakam, Raptors rebuild

GSW get: Pascal Siakam
TOR gets: Jordan Poole, Jonathan Kuminga, Moses Moody

Why for Golden State: They need to continue to add talent to this team while Curry is still elite. Siakam isn't only talented, he's a proven winner who is also coming off a career best year.

Why for Toronto: I know the Raptors management is still torn between blowing this team up and continuing to build around Siakam/VanVleet/Anunoby. I think they should blow it up, collect assets, and make 23-24 a transition year. Best they're going to do if they go the other route is possibly make the play-in. Lots of people are down on Jordan Poole, but I think he's a guy who will do alright with a change of scenery. Who knows - maybe he can blossom somewhere where he isn't being assaulted by his teammates.

Trade #5: Hornets take a swing on Ayton

CHA gets: DeAndre Ayton
PHX gets: Terry Rozier, Mark Williams

Why for Charlotte: Hornets need to prove to their fans and LaMelo they are serious about being taken serious. Adding Ayton - and possibly Scoot Henderson- this offseason would be huge for a franchise who has been down in the dirt for a long time now.

Why for Phoenix: Booker seemed like he was at wits end with Ayton in these years playoffs. And I get a feeling many in the organization feel that sentiment as well. Aytons a super talented guy but doesnt always show the heart of a champion - some may even say he's soft. Doing this trade would give the Suns some more depth, most importantly at the point guard position. I'd love this trade just because i'd love to see Terry Rozier in a playoff series again.

Re: 2023 Offseason Trade Predictions
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2023, 10:53:44 AM »

Online Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 413
1-Utah not trading Lauri
2-Why would anyone want Simmons
3-Be great trade for Dallas, don’t know if Detroit would do it
4-Actually like this trade for both teams..great young nucleus for Toronto & Siakim would really help FS
5-Phoenix hangs phone up quickly
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2023, 11:13:29 AM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 867
1-Utah not trading Lauri
2-Why would anyone want Simmons
3-Be great trade for Dallas, don’t know if Detroit would do it
4-Actually like this trade for both teams..great young nucleus for Toronto & Siakim would really help FS
5-Phoenix hangs phone up quickly

I agree with this right down the line.  Trade 4 is the one that caught my eye.  Seems to work for both teams.  GSW give up some depth but they can probably sign some vet min contracts to fill that back in.  It is a mortgage their future for another run or two with the core kind of trade.  A future built around Poole and Kuminga is not all that bright anyway.  May as well make your final run with the core and then bottom out.

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2023, 06:56:35 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Really think that is poor value for Portland.

Lavine has much more value than to be associated with taking Ben Simmons.

Dallas could get much better depth with the #10 pick than Bogdanovic and two bigs IMO. Josh Green just started coming into his own as a player this season - Dallas does not need to take a backwards step with its shooting as proposed.

Not sure Toronto would be interested in pairing Poole with FVV. Really small ball-dominant backcourt.

Not sure PHX like the fit of Rozier next to Booker, KD and CP3
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2023, 07:25:32 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Joe for Anybody  ;D