Author Topic: Jaylen Brown trade Ideas  (Read 34803 times)

Re: Jaylen Brown trade Ideas
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2023, 09:43:12 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I know he is supposed to be untouchable but I would ask about Scottie Barnes.

I would rather keep Brown  too.

« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2023, 09:46:07 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 392
Okay I posted this in another thread but I would suggest a three team trade with Atlanta and Washington, which I think benefits everybody involved.

Boston trades Brown to his hometown Atlanta (so they know he will resign), Atlanta trades Trae Young to Washington, and Washington gives us Tatums best Friend/older Brother Bradley Beal and pick #8.

Boston: Smart/Beal/Tatum/Horford/Williams III

Atlanta: Murray/Bogdanovic/Brown/Collins/Capela

Washington: Trae/Kispert/Kuzma/Avdija/Porzingis

Why for Boston? Beal is a mentally tough baller that could bring some energy into the team, he would also get the best out of Tatum, skills wise he fits better aswell, he’s a better shooter and ballhandle. And we get a high draft pick to draft someone like walker or Hendrix to replace Horford long term on a cheap contract to offset beals big contract.

Atlanta: They get rid of young and bring in the hometown kid in Brown, who would also be happy going there (so we safe face by doing right by him)

Washington: They get a fresh start and can build around the younger Trae, who is under contract for 4 years I think, they get out of beals contract

What do you think? I think this trade is good for everybody and I can imagine it would bring a lot of positive energy and motivation into our lockerroom in comparison to other trades.

I love this proposed trade and I will trade Smart for a center  as well.

Tatum would love playing with his friend, Beal, and play well more consistently. Need to trade Smart while he still has some value. He and Brown are overrated, imo, and we need to sell high.

Not for nothing but one of Beal’s better skills is moving off ball too. I think that’s much needed in a team with a few players who are most effective with the ball in their hands like Tatum, Smart and Brogdon.
- LilRip

« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2023, 10:18:27 AM »

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298

I want to start a thread of Trades that we would actually make right now for Brown.  Don't worry if it's a little too much in Bostons favor, we can always tweak the Trade later.

I want to get the ball rolling on trades that would make the Celtics better now, or in the bear future. I think this first one is a no Brainer if the Magic want him.

Brown for Wendell Carter and Banchero. Maybe add Suggs or Coke Anthony if we can get away with it, but just Carter and Banchero and I'll pull the trigger.

Wendell Carter
Banchero
Tatum
White
Smart

I'm not sure if Orlando would trade Banchero for Tatum, let alone Brown plus additional players. The guy is on a rookie contract, only 20 years old, and was a stud in his rookie season.

« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2023, 10:20:56 AM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
I would pull the trigger on this one. Taylor Hendricks would be a good long-term starting 4/5 prospect.

What type of player is Taylor Hendricks? Who does he play like / remind you of? What do you like about him?

I know nothing about him.

He's a shot blocking stretch four. Pretty versatile on defense also, can guard 3-5 i would say and shot 40% from three. Not really a self creator or playmaker but good enough to keep the ball moving

If Jarace Walker was still available at the 8th pick I would consider this deal. Don't know much about Taylor Hendricks but Jaylen leaving would create to a size and toughness on the wing gap that Walker might be a good fit to fill.

« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2023, 10:26:56 AM »

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298
Okay I posted this in another thread but I would suggest a three team trade with Atlanta and Washington, which I think benefits everybody involved.

Boston trades Brown to his hometown Atlanta (so they know he will resign), Atlanta trades Trae Young to Washington, and Washington gives us Tatums best Friend/older Brother Bradley Beal and pick #8.

Why for Boston? Beal is a mentally tough baller that could bring some energy into the team, he would also get the best out of Tatum, skills wise he fits better aswell, he’s a better shooter and ballhandle. And we get a high draft pick to draft someone like walker or Hendrix to replace Horford long term on a cheap contract to offset beals big contract.

Atlanta: They get rid of young and bring in the hometown kid in Brown, who would also be happy going there (so we safe face by doing right by him)

Washington: They get a fresh start and can build around the younger Trae, who is under contract for 4 years I think, they get out of beals contract

What do you think? I think this trade is good for everybody and I can imagine it would bring a lot of positive energy and motivation into our lockerroom in comparison to other trades.

I do like this idea. Beal could be the alpha, which would help Tatum too. However, I think you would also have to trade Marcus, to allow Beal to have a voice and presence. I just don't think Boston would get the pick, but could see it going to Atlanta, who are giving up arguably the best player and receiving a player with only one year left on their contract.

« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2023, 11:02:16 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2932
I'd rather keep him, I think. The straight up trade ideas of Lillard or Garland are at least interesting to think about.

If Portland got drunk and wanted to do that Simmons + Sharpe + #3 deal, I'd probably do that, particularly if Scoot was available.

I’m intrigued by the Lillard and Garland ideas, too. Not sure that Cleveland would bite, though, and giving them a wing like Brown could make them really dangerous. I’d probably only do Lillard as a last resort given age, though would love to see him win a title here with Tatum. No real interest in the other Portland deal unless we were also moving the third pick for an upgrade like a Siakam.

I think ideally any JB trade would bring back a point guard who can also be trusted with the ball in late game situations.

« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2023, 11:22:44 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Not really interested in Lillard at this stage of his career. Simons, Sharpe, and #3 sounds pretty good, though.

Cleveland makes too much sense with either Mitchell or Garland as they desperately need a 2-way wing. I prefer Mitchell.

Can see an argument with HOU involving Green, #4, and something else decent. If they get Harden, they will want to compete.

Not dying to trade Jaylen, though, unless he wants out. Sign him to his extension this offseason, see how next season works out, and then worry about it then.

« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2023, 11:37:28 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
I’m still probably more inclined to keep JB than trade him, as long as we upgrade the playmaking/point guard situation that I think we’re still struggling with abd our three headed guard monster is not adequately addressing.

However, say if JB did express a desire for a trade, the bones of a deal that I find interesting would be:

Boston: Simons, Siakam

Portland: Brown, PP

Toronto: 3rd pick, one of White/Smart/Brogdon

There probably would need to be a few more moving parts for salary and value, but this kind of basic deal would be an interesting move that would upgrade our team and seemingly work well for all parties involved.

« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2023, 11:39:38 AM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 550
I'd rather keep him, I think. The straight up trade ideas of Lillard or Garland are at least interesting to think about.

If Portland got drunk and wanted to do that Simmons + Sharpe + #3 deal, I'd probably do that, particularly if Scoot was available.

I’m intrigued by the Lillard and Garland ideas, too. Not sure that Cleveland would bite, though, and giving them a wing like Brown could make them really dangerous. I’d probably only do Lillard as a last resort given age, though would love to see him win a title here with Tatum. No real interest in the other Portland deal unless we were also moving the third pick for an upgrade like a Siakam.

I think ideally any JB trade would bring back a point guard who can also be trusted with the ball in late game situations.

Again tho... why are Portland or Cleveland are doing those trades? 

Portland is obvious why they won't. Brown isn't signing an extension there, a team where you swap out Lillard for Brown isn't going to be good next year so he's likely gone. Portland isn't trading their franchise icon for a 1 year rental of Jaylen Brown.

Cleveland makes slightly more sense, after all they need a wing. The issue is Garland is just starting an extension next year of 5 years at the 25% max. I don't think Cleveland is swapping five years of garland for 1 year of a guy they don't know they can re-sign. Maybe they are confident because Brown's friend Mitchell is on the team, but who knows if Mitchell wants to be there long term.

« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2023, 11:41:51 AM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo

I do like this idea. Beal could be the alpha, which would help Tatum too. However, I think you would also have to trade Marcus, to allow Beal to have a voice and presence. I just don't think Boston would get the pick, but could see it going to Atlanta, who are giving up arguably the best player and receiving a player with only one year left on their contract.

Brown is better, healthier, younger and plays a more premium psoition than Beal and even on the full supermax is only equally as expensive. This was an interesting idea 2 years ago why Beal was better, Brown was worse, and we were worried about Tatum staying. Its not worth doing now.

« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2023, 11:52:28 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith

Portland is obvious why they won't. Brown isn't signing an extension there, a team where you swap out Lillard for Brown isn't going to be good next year so he's likely gone. Portland isn't trading their franchise icon for a 1 year rental of Jaylen Brown.

Cleveland makes slightly more sense, after all they need a wing. The issue is Garland is just starting an extension next year of 5 years at the 25% max. I don't think Cleveland is swapping five years of garland for 1 year of a guy they don't know they can re-sign. Maybe they are confident because Brown's friend Mitchell is on the team, but who knows if Mitchell wants to be there long term.

All of this assumes a handshake deal that Brown will resign there.

For Cleveland, not sure they take that risk, even with Brown presenting a much better fit for them.

For Portland, I would assume any trade for him would be routing Brown elsewhere.

But this also depends upon Brown’s preferences. I could very well see Brown caring less about his best title chances (which clearly seem to be here) and more about getting to a competitive situation but one where he can be the primary star with all the marketing potential. In that case, a place like Portland would be ideal.

« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2023, 12:05:52 PM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 292
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am
The Brogdon + Gallinari (+ filler?) for Gobert proposal is very interesting.

If you want a buy-low guy then Gobert is the man. He's a bad fit with Towns, his reputation has sunk and he's on a pretty hefty contract. Minnesota is not going to ask the moon for him, although they'd like to keep face a bit.
Brogdon is a good player and any team can present him as that last ideal piece off the puzzle.

Meanwhile Brogdon is good, but he's not absolutely crucial to us. And Gobert could easily be a DPOY-candidate again over the next few years under a new coach who emphasizes defense. Of course if you do this you're probably going to give up on Timelord to become a starter, so better to trade him? His trading value should be excellent and it's a waste if he's just getting 20 minutes a game here as a back-up.

« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2023, 12:19:17 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo

All of this assumes a handshake deal that Brown will resign there.

For Cleveland, not sure they take that risk, even with Brown presenting a much better fit for them.

For Portland, I would assume any trade for him would be routing Brown elsewhere.

But this also depends upon Brown’s preferences. I could very well see Brown caring less about his best title chances (which clearly seem to be here) and more about getting to a competitive situation but one where he can be the primary star with all the marketing potential. In that case, a place like Portland would be ideal.

But that isn't going to happen. Brown has ever reason to want to kill a trade because he loses the super max extension if he's traded. And if he is traded he has a lot of incentive NOT to re-sign until the off season, for financial reasons.

All these teams trading for him run into the same issue the Celtics were going to before he qualified for the supermax. Its hard to see him extending (not impossible, but no real incentive to untill 24').

Also: All Brown has ever said is how he wants to win. So not sure were you get THIS idea.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2023, 12:25:00 PM by keevsnick »

« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2023, 12:40:58 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 870
If Brown is traded, I don't believe that he would be eligible for a supermax extension but I think the team that trades for him would still be able to offer him a similar contract once he becomes a UFA.  They would have his Bird rights and be able to offer more than anyone else.  I have not found a definitive explanation of this but I think even if traded, he could still be signed by the new team or at least they would have considerable advantage over other teams.  I am just not sure of exactly what the terms would be but I think either taking the supermax extension or signing to the max as a UFA end up at a similar place.

It might actually put the new team in a better position to sign him.  The Celtics are pretty much stuck with supermax or nothing.  If traded, the new team would be able to still offer more than anyone else and it may end up at a more reasonable overall value.

« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2023, 12:45:45 PM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
This one has him going to the Nets:

Boston Celtics receive: Mikal Bridges, Royce O’Neale, and the No. 21 pick (via Phoenix)

Brooklyn Nets receive: Jaylen Brown

Not sure I'm in on this one, although with 21, Jackson-Davis should be there.

https://heavy.com/sports/boston-celtics/trade-proposal-ditches-jaylen-brown-mikal-bridges-nets/
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."