Author Topic: CP3?  (Read 578 times)

CP3?
« on: May 23, 2023, 01:22:44 AM »

Offline Ed Monix

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 213
  • Signature move: Punch to the jejunum
This is a huge hypothetical, but IF Brown was traded for a less ball dominant & cheaper player, would trading either Smart or Brodgon for CP3 actually be a turning point for this team?

Firstly, given our guard depth, Paul would never be overworked, especially in the regular season.

I’m sure Paul would work his ass off for one last shot at a ring & he could offer something the Celtics have been lacking since prime Rondo, a floor general.
5' 10" former point guard

Career highlight: 1973-74 championship, Boston Celtics

Career lowlight: traded for a washing machine

Re: CP3?
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2023, 01:35:40 AM »

Offline TheReaLPuba

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 79
Dudes always always hurt in the playoffs.

Hard no.

Rather give PP a shot.

Re: CP3?
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2023, 01:38:03 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
Only one player who played big minutes this season had less baskets at the rim than CP3 = PJ Tucker. That is to say his legs are gone and he can't get to the rim anymore.

How much can he control the offense if he can no longer get to the basket? In Phoenix, it was Devin Booker and Kevin Durant that controlled their offense rather than CP3. I expect the same would happen here in Boston with Tatum & Jaylen.

Then you have to wonder, can you even rely on him to be healthy enough to make it through a playoff run? Very few times in his career has he avoided being hurt the playoffs. Hurt again this year.

And at his advanced age, is he even any better than our current PG options of Smart, D White or Brogdon? I am not sure CP3 is better than our guys. More of a lateral move. So is the difference in skill-set & team fit worth the trade?