17 (54.8%)
Smart for Sengun, Tate, Eason
8 (25.8%)
Smart for Jalen Smith, Isaiah Jackson, TJ McConnell
3 (9.7%)
Smart for Nurkic and Watford
3 (9.7%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Author Topic: Best trade package for Smart  (Read 15508 times)

Re: Best trade package for Smart
« Reply #60 on: June 03, 2023, 11:24:40 AM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 224
Smart to Detroit for Isaiah Stewart & Killian Hayes.

I still like Hayes's upside as a playmaker and defender, even if his jump shot never comes around. The kids still only 21 years old!

Stewart gives the Celtics some much needed toughness upfront. He's a guy who will battle on the boards all game and knows his role.

Why does Detroit do it? Well, i'm not sure. But it's about time we make Smart someone else's problem lol.

« Reply #61 on: June 03, 2023, 11:41:57 AM »

Online DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766

I still like Hayes's upside as a playmaker and defender, even if his jump shot never comes around. The kids still only 21 years old!

Stewart gives the Celtics some much needed toughness upfront. He's a guy who will battle on the boards all game and knows his role.

Why does Detroit do it? Well, i'm not sure. But it's about time we make Smart someone else's problem lol.

Maybe if they include their draft pick. I like both players, but neither guy has proven yet to be a solid rotation piece, which is what we need around the Js.

« Reply #62 on: June 03, 2023, 04:26:53 PM »

Offline goCeltics

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 68
Marcus and the jays can not coexist well enough to win a championship. There is not enough shooting/playmaking especially in the playoffs when things get tight. We saw it over and over again against the heat, they beat the c's playing zone. Trading Jaylen would be selling low right now, so it will have to be Marcus.

One of reason the Jaylen's assist numbers are low is a lack of outlet shooters on the floor surrounding him. Putting more shooting out there opens up things.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2023, 04:33:07 PM by goCeltics »

« Reply #63 on: June 03, 2023, 05:04:24 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402

Maybe if they include their draft pick. I like both players, but neither guy has proven yet to be a solid rotation piece, which is what we need around the Js.

Not a fan of Killian Hayes. Not convinced he is an NBA player. He could be out of the league when his contract expires. He couldn't get close to BOS rotation. Pritchard is a better player than K Hayes.

Isiah Stewart reminds me of Xavier Tillman. Not quite as good. Useful backup big man but not quite big enough and/or not quite skilled enough. Low ceiling player. Useful but unexceptional. Bench player. Not a high end bench player. Look at how Hachimura out-played Tillman. Stewart would be a borderline rotation player for BOS. A 15-20mpg guy at best. A non-rotation player like Muscala at worst.

Not enough a fan of this package for Smart.

« Reply #64 on: June 03, 2023, 05:06:38 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
I would consider trading Smart for a high draft pick in the 6-10 range if a prospect I want is available at the time of the pick. There are two guys I like that I would trade Smart for.

Do you think he could garner that high of pick , I do not

Yes. I look at Smart similar to Memphis trading Shane Battier for the #7 from the Houston Rockets which became Rudy Gay.

A good trade for both sides. Houston got a top end role player to put alongside Yao & McGrady to build up their team. MEM traded their glue guy for a high upside SF in Rudy Gay to rebuild / retool their team.

« Reply #65 on: June 03, 2023, 05:08:54 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
I would consider trading Smart for a high draft pick in the 6-10 range if a prospect I want is available at the time of the pick. There are two guys I like that I would trade Smart for.

I think Smart could get the C's a pick from 10-15 but the more ideal scenario would be a vet for vet trade.  Smart for a Collins type.

Yeah, John Collins would be interesting. A starting PF. Allow the C's to play bigger. Move Jaylen back to SG and Tatum back to SF. I would be happy with that.

« Reply #66 on: June 03, 2023, 05:46:08 PM »

Offline konkmv

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
There is an article out there that trades smart for j. Green tate and the 4th pick.. where do I sign

« Reply #67 on: June 03, 2023, 06:08:21 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!
There is an article out there that trades smart for j. Green tate and the 4th pick.. where do I sign

I'd do that, but why would Houston?
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #68 on: June 03, 2023, 06:11:34 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941

I think Smart could get the C's a pick from 10-15 but the more ideal scenario would be a vet for vet trade.  Smart for a Collins type.

A Collins type but definitely not Collins whose year over year fg percentage, points and rebounds per has declined four straight years. He also shrinks in the playoffs and they play him less minutes per game when pressure is higher.

There is a reason every year Hawks try and dump him. Smart for Collins makes us worse.

« Reply #69 on: June 03, 2023, 06:16:00 PM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 292
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am

I'd do that, but why would Houston?

To give Harden(?) an established backcourt partner.
But that package is way more than I expect them to pay.

« Reply #70 on: June 03, 2023, 09:52:04 PM »

Offline jay

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 50
What about Smart, Rob, and Pritchard for Simmons and Nurkic? 

« Reply #71 on: June 03, 2023, 11:11:51 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533

A Collins type but definitely not Collins whose year over year fg percentage, points and rebounds per has declined four straight years. He also shrinks in the playoffs and they play him less minutes per game when pressure is higher.

There is a reason every year Hawks try and dump him. Smart for Collins makes us worse.
I am convinced Atlanta does not utilize Collins right. They have phased him out of the offense because of Trae and Murray. Think he is a change of scenery candidate.

« Reply #72 on: June 04, 2023, 04:12:19 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
I saw this one online:

Marcus Smart to San Antonio FOR McDermott, Tre Jones (Sign And Trade), 2025 1st round via ATL, 2027 1st round via ATL. 

Gives the team a legitimate shooter with experience, another young guard to develop, but also two future 1sts and a little bit of cap flexibility for potentially other moves with exceptions due to the new CBA rules.
Jones is interesting. A career 4.1:1 assist:turnover ratio (similarly elite at taking care of the ball to his brother). He's a complete non-shooter, similar to Smart in terms of 2PT % and 3PT %. He's a decent rebounder too, and gets almost as many steals as fouls. Interesting option.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #73 on: June 04, 2023, 04:13:02 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

I am convinced Atlanta does not utilize Collins right. They have phased him out of the offense because of Trae and Murray. Think he is a change of scenery candidate.
Completely agree. He would thrive alongside a stretch big like Horford. Someone who can pass and clear the paint for him. The anti-Capela
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #74 on: June 04, 2023, 06:14:31 AM »

Offline Kernewek

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 264
  • International Superstar

Completely agree. He would thrive alongside a stretch big like Horford. Someone who can pass and clear the paint for him. The anti-Capela
My bias against trading Smart is probably colouring my thinking here, but I don't think we should be trading for anyone based on whether or not they thrive alongside Horford.
Man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much—the wheel, New York, wars and so on—whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time.

But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man—for precisely the same reasons.