Author Topic: Celtics (3-2) at Hawks (2-3) Round 1 Game #6 4/27/23  (Read 23354 times)

Re: Celtics (3-2) at Hawks (2-3) Round 1 Game #6 4/27/23
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2023, 12:44:12 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1557
The path really could not have gotten easier for Boston. Milwaukee was the one team in the conference that I could see beating Boston in a series especially having HCA. Atlanta, then Philly, then Miami or New York (all with HCA). If the C's don't reach the Finals it really is a massive failure on their part. No excuses

yup. our toughest opponent just wet the bed and performed a MASSIVE CHOKE job. No having to beat greek freak this year or middleton who they did not have last year!

a clear pathway to the finals again. close out the hawks and punish philly. harden and embiid are better than anything on the heat or knicks.  do we want the heat again in ECF or knicks?
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2023, 01:21:06 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
I’d like to think that now that momentum is clearly on Atlanta’s side and we’re on the road, this team steps up and puts them away for good. We do always seem to play our best when our backs are against the wall or when there’s some adversity
So you are predicting a loss tonight and a G7 win. Seems reasonable.

« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2023, 01:37:53 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2954
  • On To Banner 18!
I’d like to think that now that momentum is clearly on Atlanta’s side and we’re on the road, this team steps up and puts them away for good. We do always seem to play our best when our backs are against the wall or when there’s some adversity

It could. I'll admit I'm feeling iffy about tonight. Felt that way going into Game 3 as well.

Regardless though, they need a full 48-minute effort. Even if they are up 20 in the 4th, doesn't matter. They still have to properly close. Would be nice if Tatum could wake up too and have a big game. If Tatum has a big game, this team should win comfortably. ATL can't stop him.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2023, 02:01:43 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998
The path really could not have gotten easier for Boston. Milwaukee was the one team in the conference that I could see beating Boston in a series especially having HCA. Atlanta, then Philly, then Miami or New York (all with HCA). If the C's don't reach the Finals it really is a massive failure on their part. No excuses

yup. our toughest opponent just wet the bed and performed a MASSIVE CHOKE job. No having to beat greek freak this year or middleton who they did not have last year!

a clear pathway to the finals again. close out the hawks and punish philly. harden and embiid are better than anything on the heat or knicks.  do we want the heat again in ECF or knicks?

Not even worried about Heat or Knicks right now. I don't even know if the C's get past Philly, nevermind dealing with what's currently in front of the C's right now- Atlanta. Game 6 is what should be focus for today.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2023, 02:18:52 PM »

Offline P2

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 163
  • Green 18!
Boston has home court for all of the playoffs
They have the healthiest team
They have a gimpy Sixers team they have owned
Then maybe a one man Heat team or a slightly above average Knicks

They MUST get this Atlanta series over with. Enough of this.

C's will lead by 20 and then somehow choke that lead again and lose another close one due to sloppiness and chucking 3's, I can envision it  ::)

Hey, at least you can't choke any worse than Milwaukee did the past two games. And I totally agree, chucking 3's has been a major problem. I still firmly believe that this is not how you win games. You do it with defense like the early 2022 Celtics. When the 3's fall, which they admittedly did in more than half of the games, we can obviously block out these shortcomings of a playstyle worthy of an NBA champion.

« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2023, 02:23:38 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 870

It could. I'll admit I'm feeling iffy about tonight. Felt that way going into Game 3 as well.

Regardless though, they need a full 48-minute effort. Even if they are up 20 in the 4th, doesn't matter. They still have to properly close. Would be nice if Tatum could wake up too and have a big game. If Tatum has a big game, this team should win comfortably. ATL can't stop him.

They are doubling Tatum a lot.  The team is not moving well without the ball in response to Tatum being doubled.  That is the adjustment the Celtics need to make.  It is not just Tatum, although he is a big part of it.  Not much Tatum can do against the double if everyone else is standing around.

« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2023, 03:16:26 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!

They are doubling Tatum a lot.  The team is not moving well without the ball in response to Tatum being doubled.  That is the adjustment the Celtics need to make.  It is not just Tatum, although he is a big part of it.  Not much Tatum can do against the double if everyone else is standing around.

Agreed. It's about playing at a good pace and ball movement. As everyone has said here, they seemed to just "slow it down" and try to kill the clock in the final 6 minutes and it froze their offense and led to horrible turnovers down the stretch. They built the double-digit lead by playing fast and being active on all ends

« Reply #37 on: April 27, 2023, 04:16:20 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!
How are we still more than 4 hours away...

« Reply #38 on: April 27, 2023, 04:18:16 PM »

Online blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1479

I am probably an outlier, but I like the later start time, so I don't miss a big chuck of the 1st half because I am still at work (on the west coast).

GO CELTICS!!!!  put them away in this game, don't let it get to game 7.

« Reply #39 on: April 27, 2023, 06:02:18 PM »

Offline tonydelk

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 468
This game will show what kind of killer instinct this team has.  That last game loss should have been a big time smack to the face.  They got slapped da buck up.  The Cs need to come in and make a statement tonight and just pummel this Atlanta team into the ground.

« Reply #40 on: April 27, 2023, 06:04:04 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2525

I am probably an outlier, but I like the later start time, so I don't miss a big chuck of the 1st half because I am still at work (on the west coast).

GO CELTICS!!!!  put them away in this game, don't let it get to game 7.

Love the late start time.

« Reply #41 on: April 27, 2023, 06:07:20 PM »

Offline letsgoblue86

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
Would be nice to get the blowout tonite

« Reply #42 on: April 27, 2023, 06:51:36 PM »

• Dennis Johnson

Not even worried about Heat or Knicks right now. I don't even know if the C's get past Philly, nevermind dealing with what's currently in front of the C's right now- Atlanta. Game 6 is what should be focus for today.

we are not playing. we can look ahead.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #43 on: April 27, 2023, 06:53:14 PM »

Offline #1P4P

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 140
Can we see Tatum in the post tonight?

Statistically, he’s one of the best post players in the NBA (on low attempts). Typically, when a player is one of the best in a given area, a good Head Coach encourages it and calls plays for said player to utilize it with more frequency.

Sincerely,

Yours Truly

« Reply #44 on: April 27, 2023, 06:54:17 PM »

• Dennis Johnson
I'll be that guy.

Celtics close out tonight on the road just like I expect  the bruins will finish off the panthers tomm night on the road also. There. i said it.  ;D

and I am not even a bruins fan. But i have money on them.  ;)

LET'S GO CELTICS!