Author Topic: Chuck Rooting for the Celtics?!  (Read 907 times)

Chuck Rooting for the Celtics?!
« on: May 28, 2023, 12:31:24 AM »

Offline ManchesterCelticsFan

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 34
I've never seen Charles Barkley root for the Celtics so much.  He always hated the Celtics because Kevin McHale as Barkley admitted owned him during his playing days. Chuck historically being a gambling addict, he must have money riding on the Celtics winning this series.  ;)

Re: Chuck Rooting for the Celtics?!
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2023, 12:37:47 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 366
He was pretty Pro heat after the game. Kenny was calling him out about changing his pick to Miami after game 6.

I mean, he wasn't wrong that the Celtics nearly choked the game by playing a stagnant offense and that Bam/Butler wont probably be as bad again. (although I think it doesnt give credit to the celtics defense on both of them) but Celtics also shot 20% from 3, lost the turnover battle, lost the offensive rebound battle, tatum brown were 0-12 from 3...but somehow still won.

I dont see all those things happening for boston in a game 7 either

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2023, 12:47:07 AM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
He was pretty Pro heat after the game. Kenny was calling him out about changing his pick to Miami after game 6.

I mean, he wasn't wrong that the Celtics nearly choked the game by playing a stagnant offense and that Bam/Butler wont probably be as bad again. (although I think it doesnt give credit to the celtics defense on both of them) but Celtics also shot 20% from 3, lost the turnover battle, lost the offensive rebound battle, tatum brown were 0-12 from 3...but somehow still won.

Chuck did say he’s still picking the C’s, but he didn’t like that the “bad Celtics” showed up again for stretches tonight.

I will say although their offense was brutal at times, for the most part their half court defense was great. Yes they allowed a few too many open threes in the first half (that the Heat hit at a crazy clip), but their interior defense was excellent.

It’s funny how demoralized Shaq feels and Chuck is trying to play devil’s advocate. I don’t think many fill fancy Miami, but Boston needs to keep that chip on their shoulder they’ve had since they quit in Game 3.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2023, 01:07:57 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2407
This series reminds me a bit of the 1993 Suns run to the Finals led by Barkley and has done for awhile. They started out in the first round losing their first two games, going down 0-2 in a 5 game series and facing elimination despite being heavily favoured as the #1 seed vs the #8 seed Lakers (post Magic). They were being written off as dead, can't win, finished. But stormed back to win 3-2 and then proceeded to beat D-Rob's Spurs (Embiid's 76ers) and a young Kemp & Payton Sonics team in 7 games. But it is that 1st round series that reminds me of them.

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2023, 03:10:24 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2933

Chuck did say he’s still picking the C’s, but he didn’t like that the “bad Celtics” showed up again for stretches tonight.

I will say although their offense was brutal at times, for the most part their half court defense was great. Yes they allowed a few too many open threes in the first half (that the Heat hit at a crazy clip), but their interior defense was excellent.

It’s funny how demoralized Shaq feels and Chuck is trying to play devil’s advocate. I don’t think many fill fancy Miami, but Boston needs to keep that chip on their shoulder they’ve had since they quit in Game 3.

Funny enough, Chuck was all about wondering how the C’s would win when their threes aren’t falling. They showed tonight exactly what that looks like with their awesome D, and he didn’t even catch it.

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2023, 04:52:25 AM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372

Funny enough, Chuck was all about wondering how the C’s would win when their threes aren’t falling. They showed tonight exactly what that looks like with their awesome D, and he didn’t even catch it.

Something I brought up before the game and I was very proud to see them do - they are now 30-31 when they shoot less than 40% from 3, compared to 40-2 when they do. It's always an easier game offensively and defensively when you're hitting shots, it's a lot harder to defend after misses, not to mention their issue of letting their head drop and not running back after misses. I just want them to have the same level of intensity and effort defensively whether than make or miss shots. So better late than never  :police:
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D