Author Topic: 2023 Draft  (Read 24469 times)

Re: 2023 Draft
« Reply #90 on: June 07, 2023, 12:52:20 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
If the Hornets take Scoot, would a Brown for Ball trade make sense?  Then the C's spin Smart somewhere else maybe for a wing. 

Zero Sense as I see it, as a Proven NBA player in Ball  is better than a G league ignite guy as I see it.  I don't see the Hornets doing it for this reason but it really does not make a lot of sense for us either.

I guess from the Hornets, the question is:  would Scoot + Brown be better than Scoot + Melo?

I don't love it for us, though.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #91 on: June 07, 2023, 01:15:59 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 549
If the Hornets take Scoot, would a Brown for Ball trade make sense?  Then the C's spin Smart somewhere else maybe for a wing. 

Zero Sense as I see it, as a Proven NBA player in Ball  is better than a G league ignite guy as I see it.  I don't see the Hornets doing it for this reason but it really does not make a lot of sense for us either.

I guess from the Hornets, the question is:  would Scoot + Brown be better than Scoot + Melo?

I don't love it for us, though.

The other question is would Brown re-sign on a team that isn't in a big market and likely won't be very good while it develops a 20 year old PG. My guess is no, which kills the trade.

But I agree, I don't like it for Boston anyway.

« Reply #92 on: June 07, 2023, 05:04:28 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Nick Smith Jr looks a lot like Jordan Poole. That slender build similar frame. Poole 6-4 195lbs Smith Jr 6-5 185lbs. Similar change of directions & quick drives, and pull up jumpers.

« Reply #93 on: June 07, 2023, 07:36:47 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

I was wondering should Charlotte trade LaMelo to Portland for the #3 pick + A Simons. Draft Scoot and Brandon Miller.

PG: Scoot Henderson
SG: Anfernee Simons
SF: Brandon Miller

That is a nice start to rebuilding their franchise.
Why do Portland do this?
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #94 on: June 07, 2023, 07:43:41 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith

I was wondering should Charlotte trade LaMelo to Portland for the #3 pick + A Simons. Draft Scoot and Brandon Miller.

Why do Portland do this?

To rebuild.

« Reply #95 on: June 07, 2023, 07:46:57 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

Why do Portland do this?

To rebuild.
I would probably rather Miller & Simons + whatever Lillard can bring in (Brooklyn’s treasure chest of first round picks?).

I didn’t trust LaMelo’s body prior to Lonzo breaking down. I trust it even less now

« Reply #96 on: June 07, 2023, 08:50:46 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith

Why do Portland do this?

To rebuild.
I would probably rather Miller & Simons + whatever Lillard can bring in (Brooklyn’s treasure chest of first round picks?).

I didn’t trust LaMelo’s body prior to Lonzo breaking down. I trust it even less now

Sorry. I got confused.

I thought this was a different trade idea of Lillard to CHA for the #2 pick. Then POR having the #2 and #3 to fastforward the rebuild into a post-Lillard era. That is why I said the purpose was to rebuild.

No. For this LaMelo trade, the purpose was a win-now move for POR. That they couldn't get an athletic wing or forward that they desire and that LaMelo was the best individual talent available they could get their hands on. Big move to prove to Lillard they are trying to build a winner around him.

I'd love to see LaMelo and Lillard together. That would be the best backcourt in the league. They would be absolutely electric together. Both guys able to play on or off the ball. Terrifying the defense no matter who has it.

Of course the big problem is familiar one for POR, can you get enough frontcourt talent around them to build a winner?

G: Lillard
G: LaMelo
F: Sharpe
F: J Grant
C: Nurkic

The SF and C spots are weak points. Lot of pressure on Sharpe to become a big contributor for them to be a threat come playoff time.

On the topic of LaMelo to POR but as a rebuilding trade, a 2nd trade sending Lillard elsewhere could be fun. Pair that with the idea of Lillard to BOS for Jaylen Brown.

G: LaMelo
G: Sharpe
F: Jaylen
F: J Grant
C: Nurkic

That would be a fun team also. LaMelo and Jaylen a nice 1-2 punch to build a future team around for the next 7-8 years. Sharpe an up and comer. Jerami Grant the 3rd option. Loads of athleticism and shooting between the four of them.

« Reply #97 on: June 21, 2023, 03:32:04 AM »

Offline Ed Monix

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 213
  • Signature move: Punch to the jejunum
Brandon Miller has "solidified his standing" as the Hornets second overall pick.

Adrian Wojnarowski
5' 10" former point guard

Career highlight: 1973-74 championship, Boston Celtics

Career lowlight: traded for a washing machine

« Reply #98 on: June 23, 2023, 07:21:18 AM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
Interesting story I heard coming into work today about Brandon Miller, he can't palm the basketball with his right hand but he can with his left.  At 6'8", I always thought that was a given because at 6' tall, when I was much younger, I could with both hands.

"Michael Jordan, Miller said, gave him guff for not being able to palm a basketball with both hands."

:o
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #99 on: June 23, 2023, 07:25:11 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
Interesting story I heard coming into work today about Brandon Miller, he can't palm the basketball with his right hand but he can with his left.  At 6'8", I always thought that was a given because at 6' tall, when I was much younger, I could with both hands.

"Michael Jordan, Miller said, gave him guff for not being able to palm a basketball with both hands."

:o
Man, not being able to palm at 6’8” is strange! Classic MJ

« Reply #100 on: June 23, 2023, 07:31:23 AM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
Oscar Tshiebwe went undrafted. I hope we bring him in for summer league.

« Reply #101 on: June 23, 2023, 08:17:15 AM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
Oscar Tshiebwe went undrafted. I hope we bring him in for summer league.

I saw that Adama went undrafted, hoping we could have landed him, CHI signed him to a two way deal.  Another player that I might try to get for Portland it Timme.

Here's a link to a list.  Hope it's updated as they sign.

https://ftw.usatoday.com/lists/tracking-top-undrafted-free-agents-2023-nba-draft-signed
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #102 on: June 23, 2023, 08:28:16 AM »

Online knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
That was the most boring draft coverage I have seen from the NBA or NFL.  Except for Bilas who is so knowledgeable about all the players,  ESPN needs to use an entirely new crew next year.  They probably won’t, but they should. That was painfully boring.

« Reply #103 on: June 23, 2023, 08:31:14 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
That was the most boring draft coverage I have seen from the NBA or NFL.  Except for Bilas who is so knowledgeable about all the players,  ESPN needs to use an entirely new crew next year.  They probably won’t, but they should. That was painfully boring.
Boring and dreary. Cookie-cutter interview questions of the draftees and canned answers fed to them by handlers. I watched a couple of minutes, hoping to stay up for #25, glad I didn't!