Author Topic: 2022-2023 Boston Bruins Season  (Read 43271 times)

2022-2023 Boston Bruins Season
« on: October 22, 2022, 04:12:39 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!
Bruins off to a great start this season. 5-1 through the first 6 games. Kind of surprised but I'll take it!
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Re: 2022-2023 Boston Bruins Season
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2022, 01:05:09 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Tommy Points: 8726
President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
View Profile Personal Message (Online)
QuoteModify
Another great win, this time over a very good Dallas squad. The Bs with the best record in hockey. Yes, they've had a favorable schedule, but they are also missing 2 or their top 3 players, players who are top 30 players in the game.

The Ullmark signing last year is paying off. He has looked great this year and was "on" tonight.

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2022, 11:18:27 AM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
Great start to the season for the Bruins—and all without Marchand and McAvoy. Guys like Hall (great signing) and Lindholm (good trade) are making big contributions, Ullmark has been great, and having DeBrusk reverse course and decide to be happy in Boston was critical. Oh, and Bergeron hasn't missed a beat despite nearly retiring. I'm sure the Bs won't continue at this pace for long, but they definitely have the tools to be a top-5 team this season, even more so once Marchand and McAvoy get back and knock off the rust.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2022, 11:48:14 AM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 867
There have been a lot of good aspects to the Bruins' start.  David Krejci to me has looked great and the Hall-Krejci-Pastrnak line has been great.  A true number 1 line.  DeBrusk-Bergeron-[....] line has been solid even without Marchand.  When they get him back, it is going to be two #1 lines.  And of course, McAvoy will impact the defense.

I guess the players really didn't like Cassidy.  Montgomery has the team clicking.  Long way to go though.

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2022, 12:13:32 PM »

• Satch Sanders
There have been a lot of good aspects to the Bruins' start.  David Krejci to me has looked great and the Hall-Krejci-Pastrnak line has been great.  A true number 1 line.  DeBrusk-Bergeron-[....] line has been solid even without Marchand.  When they get him back, it is going to be two #1 lines.  And of course, McAvoy will impact the defense.

I guess the players really didn't like Cassidy.  Montgomery has the team clicking.  Long way to go though.

I forgot to mention Krejci! Yes, having him back has been awesome. And you're right, they'll have two No. 1 lines once Marchand is back, which will be incredible. I think the addition of Hall last season was bigger than a lot of people realize.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2022, 01:29:41 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley

I forgot to mention Krejci! Yes, having him back has been awesome. And you're right, they'll have two No. 1 lines once Marchand is back, which will be incredible. I think the addition of Hall last season was bigger than a lot of people realize.

Hall is really good.  On the Bruins, he is playing with a chip on his shoulder, all business, gritty.  Prior, he played with a bit of a prima donna attitude. You are right, he was a great pick up.  We got him and Curtis Lazar (who didn't do much) for Anders Bjork and a second-round pick.  Not sure how that second round pick turned out and don't care.  Happy to have Hall.

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2022, 12:11:09 PM »

• Satch Sanders
Marchand is playing tonight! Five weeks ahead of schedule.

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2022, 12:54:35 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley

Wow, big surprise.  I hope they are sure about him (I suspect they are).  Looking forward to seeing how he looks back with Bergeron and DeBrusk.  What a boost that should be to that line.

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2022, 01:52:37 PM »

• Satch Sanders

Wow, big surprise.  I hope they are sure about him (I suspect they are).  Looking forward to seeing how he looks back with Bergeron and DeBrusk.  What a boost that should be to that line.

I figure he'll be a little rusty tonight, and maybe for his first several games, but once he's back to full speed, he'll be a huge boost to what's already been the league's tied-for-best offense (30 goals). And Boston will actually have two No. 1 lines, which I'm not sure any other team can claim. One note: Marchand will sit out the latter halves of back-to-backs for the time being, including tomorrow's game.

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2022, 09:13:57 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
Marchand came back and has 2 goals(one a gorgeous shot) and 2 assists with 13:16 still to go.

Bruins blitzed Detroit with 3 goals in 99 seconds and it was a thing beauty.

This is a contender if they stay healthy and get some great goaltending from Ullmark and Swayman

« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2022, 11:15:12 PM »

• Satch Sanders
Marchand came back and has 2 goals(one a gorgeous shot) and 2 assists with 13:16 still to go.

Bruins blitzed Detroit with 3 goals in 99 seconds and it was a thing beauty.

This is a contender if they stay healthy and get some great goaltending from Ullmark and Swayman

I was wrong about Marchand! No rust in sight. This team is scary good right now.

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2022, 11:42:40 PM »

Offline MarcusSmartFanClub

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 59
I thought this team was heading in the other direction. They seemed old and I wasn’t that interested in a Kreijci resigning. I was dead wrong. go Bruins!

« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2022, 01:00:53 AM »

• Satch Sanders
I thought this team was heading in the other direction. They seemed old and I wasn’t that interested in a Kreijci resigning. I was dead wrong. go Bruins!

I thought the same. But if they stay healthy, look out.

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2022, 10:49:28 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
Bruins have maybe their worst 10 minutes of the year giving up 4 goals in that stretch in the 2nd to fall behind by 3 goals then come all the way back to tie and send the game into OT.

Exciting game. Amazing team so far this year.

« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2022, 10:57:18 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
Bs fight off a 4 on 3 penalty kill them score on a Bobby Orr type rush from Lindholm. Awesome win for the Bruins....the best team in the NHL!!!