Author Topic: No Game Thread  (Read 16343 times)

No Game Thread
« on: October 18, 2022, 08:12:22 PM »

Offline Billz401

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 101
  • B's Up
So I see that im still banned from game threads and I have no idea why.

Back during the finals I was abruptly banned from the game threads with no reason as to why and no warnings about anything.

Im still wondering who banned me, why and if it will ever be rescinded? Kind of bogus if you ask me. Do I really need to make the move to reddit for game discussions??
everyone got so sensitive after 9-11... thanks alot bin laden

Re: No Game Thread
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2022, 08:25:29 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Might be a better move to PM a mod than posting a thread like this.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2022, 08:49:36 PM »

Offline Billz401

• Bill Walton
  • B's Up
Might be a better move to PM a mod than posting a thread like this.

Maybe, but you would think the mod who banned me would've done the same back when they did with an explanation or something..

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2022, 08:55:10 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
https://forum.celticsstrong.com/index.php?action=profile;u=7047;area=showposts;start=15

Those are your posts.  If you go through your game thread posts, I'm sure you'll be able to figure it out.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2022, 09:02:24 PM »

Offline Billz401

• Bill Walton
  • B's Up
https://forum.celticsstrong.com/index.php?action=profile;u=7047;area=showposts;start=15

Those are your posts.  If you go through your game thread posts, I'm sure you'll be able to figure it out.
Yeah ive gone through my posts and see nothing.. shows no game thread posts at all

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2022, 09:24:04 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Yeah ive gone through my posts and see nothing.. shows no game thread posts at all

Okay.  I'll highlight some for you:

F***ING CLOWNSSSSS. WHY DO WE JUST IMPLODE LIKE THIS. 3 AFTER 3 AFTER 3 AFTER 3. ITS SO STUPID

This team is so F***ING STUPID!!!

Horford cant abuse steph or klay in the post! Are you F***ING KIDDING ME?!?!

BING BANG BOOM LETS F***ING GO!!

I HAVE LITERALLY NEVER SEEN A BIGGER IDIOT THAN MARCUS F***ING SMART IN MY LIFE. WHY THE F*** ARE WE LETTING HIM p--- THIS Edited for profanity.  Please do not do it again. GAME AWAY IN THE LAST 2 MINUTES

Ive never seen a bigger group of absolute f***ing idiots in my life. WHY IS SMART TAKING 5 THREES IN THE LAST 2 MINUTES????????????????

If Tatum misses another f***ing bunny im gonna lose my Edited for profanity.  Please do not do it again.. Thats at least 4 shots right at the rim hes missed badly

And a big F*** YOU to Draymond Green.

Oh well game 7 in miami where the refs will completely f*** us over again

JVG is a f***ing idiot. Hes just saying dumb sh*t now

In short:  you drop an F-bomb every 10 posts or so.  This blog doesn't allow swearing, and has never allowed swearing.  It also doesn't allow masked profanity, or excessive use of All-Caps.

Another member mentioned to you that you were probably kicked for swearing, which you called a "joke".

So, I'm not sure which staff member banned you from the game threads, but it was probably well-deserved.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2022, 09:36:47 PM »

Offline Ed Monix

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 213
  • Signature move: Punch to the jejunum

Okay.  I'll highlight some for you:

F***ING CLOWNSSSSS. WHY DO WE JUST IMPLODE LIKE THIS. 3 AFTER 3 AFTER 3 AFTER 3. ITS SO STUPID

This team is so F***ING STUPID!!!

Horford cant abuse steph or klay in the post! Are you F***ING KIDDING ME?!?!

BING BANG BOOM LETS F***ING GO!!

I HAVE LITERALLY NEVER SEEN A BIGGER IDIOT THAN MARCUS F***ING SMART IN MY LIFE. WHY THE F*** ARE WE LETTING HIM p--- THIS Edited for profanity.  Please do not do it again. GAME AWAY IN THE LAST 2 MINUTES

Ive never seen a bigger group of absolute f***ing idiots in my life. WHY IS SMART TAKING 5 THREES IN THE LAST 2 MINUTES????????????????

If Tatum misses another f***ing bunny im gonna lose my Edited for profanity.  Please do not do it again.. Thats at least 4 shots right at the rim hes missed badly

And a big F*** YOU to Draymond Green.

Oh well game 7 in miami where the refs will completely f*** us over again

JVG is a f***ing idiot. Hes just saying dumb sh*t now

In short:  you drop an F-bomb every 10 posts or so.  This blog doesn't allow swearing, and has never allowed swearing.  It also doesn't allow masked profanity, or excessive use of All-Caps.

Another member mentioned to you that you were probably kicked for swearing, which you called a "joke".

So, I'm not sure which staff member banned you from the game threads, but it was probably well-deserved.

Billz401:

5' 10" former point guard

Career highlight: 1973-74 championship, Boston Celtics

Career lowlight: traded for a washing machine

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2022, 09:53:10 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
I’d give him a second chance tbh
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2022, 10:01:05 PM »

Offline JSD

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2155
Haha I love the OP’s passion. I hope he gets a second chance after reviewing the posting rules and agreeing to follow them
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2022, 10:04:39 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Haha I love the OP’s passion. I hope he gets a second chance after reviewing the posting rules and agreeing to follow them

It's interesting to me how passion and entitlement could look so similar to different people.

All's well that ends well, I guess.
2021 Houston Rockets

« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2022, 11:00:55 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1416
If he wasn’t warned with a PM, let’s give him a second shot.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2022, 12:42:45 AM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Let's Go Celtics!

My curiosity is piqued at this point. Purely a social experiment. And since OP decided to open this up for public discussion as opposed to sending a PM to a mod, I'm not going to hold back at all.

The forum has rules that we all agree to. Among those rules is no profanity and no masked profanity. OP knowingly and willingly broke that rule at least a dozen times in a single thread. There's been no attempt at accountability or a display of contrition. Just a demand to be restored despite breaking the rules.

What here warrants a second chance other than the good 'ole boy mentality?

Again, this is my own curiosity.
2021 Houston Rockets

« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2022, 12:58:48 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

My curiosity is piqued at this point. Purely a social experiment. And since OP decided to open this up for public discussion as opposed to sending a PM to a mod, I'm not going to hold back at all.

The forum has rules that we all agree to. Among those rules is no profanity and no masked profanity. OP knowingly and willingly broke that rule at least a dozen times in a single thread. There's been no attempt at accountability or a display of contrition. Just a demand to be restored despite breaking the rules.

I can't speak for other mods, but it is my understanding that the swear censor ( Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline. ) acts as a warning in and of itself.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2022, 01:13:23 AM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386

I agree, on thin ice, but unless things not shown happened I would hope an opportunity for a second chance would be considered.

« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2022, 01:20:52 AM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1416

I don’t see how “Good Ole’ Boy Mentality” is relevant here. Im going to go out on a limb and assume that the OP didn’t read through the rules and regs of the site when he joined. The swearing was a bit unnecessary, but it’s not like he was swearing at another member of the site. Seems a little harsh to ban without a warning, IMO. “Maybe the, “Edited for profanity, please don’t do it again” should read “Edited for profanity, doing so again may result in your account being banned.” That’s a clear warning.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.