Author Topic: Fantasy FB advice thread  (Read 71931 times)

Re: Fantasy FB advice thread
« Reply #45 on: December 06, 2022, 10:21:00 AM »

Online DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
I have Lamar as my only QB and he is going to miss at least the Steelers game

Who do I sign from free agency?

Tannehill against the Jags
Brady against the Niners
Huntley against the Steelers
Mac against the Cardinals

Some other options, but those seem like the 4 best (those are the opponents this week, but Lamar could obviously miss more than just 1 week)

I'm leaning towards Tannehill, but I could also see that being a mostly Derrick Henry game, limiting Tannehill's points.  The Niners is what is causing me concern with Brady, that defense is stout and the Bucs line has been bad (and you get negative points for sacks).  Huntley and Mac both have the potential to have big games, but they could also both flame out.

Really depends on if Burks is back by next week. I wouldn't pick up Tannehill if not.

Of those I'd go Huntley. Probably has the highest floor. Then you rely on the rest of your team to win the game.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2022, 10:34:41 AM by DefenseWinsChamps »

« Reply #46 on: December 06, 2022, 10:32:25 AM »

Online DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
Jimmy G went down for me. I'm in a two-QB league. I had Pickett on my bench.

Do I go with Pickett, or should I swing for the fences with Huntley, Purdy, White, or Darnold.

Pickett has the most experience and pedigree. He also has good weapons.

Purdy probably has the best coaching advantage. I feel like they will use his strengths. I also think he has the best run after the catch weapons.

Huntley and Darnold are probably the best running QBs, which raises their floor.

White is a wild card with emerging weapons.

I'm also toying with dropping Higbee to pick up Likely, Bellinger, or Juwan Johnson.

Thoughts?

« Reply #47 on: December 06, 2022, 12:03:27 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Me personally, I'd eliminate Purdy and Darnold.

I find White intriguing.  The Jets offense definitely moved the ball this week, they just didn't get receiving TDs.  But, I trust him.  I'm also interested in Huntley.  10 yards on the ground = 25 through the air, so it's easy for Huntley to make up the gap there.  If Mariota could be a viable -- and at times valuable -- fantasy QB, Huntley can be, too.  But, Lamar is coming back, right?  You could find yourself looking for a QB again in 2 or 3 weeks.

I'd probably stick with Pickett, with White my next option if needed for the playoffs. 

As for TE...  I have no earthly idea.  Mine have sucked all season long.  I don't trust Likely at all.  I'd take Johnson, just because the Rams offense is so bad, and Johnson gets endzone throws.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #48 on: December 06, 2022, 12:09:28 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
I need waivers advice.  Here's my roster:

QB:  Tua
RB: Taylor
RB: Barkley
WR: Adams
WR: Hopkins
FLEX: McCaffrey
TE:  Conklin
K: Bass
D:  Ravens

BN:  Watson (QB)
BN: Knight (RB)
BN: K. Williams (RB)
BN: J. Williams (WR)
BN: Waddle (WR)
BN:  Open spot

IR: Njoku

Here's what I'm thinking for waivers:  Add Dulcich, Pats defense, and J.K. Dobbins, drop Conklin and K. Williams

Thoughts?  I'm tied for the #1 seed going into Week 14, so I'm trying to plan for the playoffs.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #49 on: December 06, 2022, 12:32:11 PM »

Online DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
I don't think it would significantly impact your team one way or another. The Pats D has one of the toughest end of season schedules, and SOS impacts defenses the most. Plus, the Ravens may revamp their strategy with Jackson out and slow the game down, run the clock, and rely on their defense more.

I personally prefer Conklin to Dulcich, but it definitely makes sense to grab Dobbins instead of Williams.

« Reply #50 on: December 06, 2022, 12:43:14 PM »

Online DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
Me personally, I'd eliminate Purdy and Darnold.

I find White intriguing.  The Jets offense definitely moved the ball this week, they just didn't get receiving TDs.  But, I trust him.  I'm also interested in Huntley.  10 yards on the ground = 25 through the air, so it's easy for Huntley to make up the gap there.  If Mariota could be a viable -- and at times valuable -- fantasy QB, Huntley can be, too.  But, Lamar is coming back, right?  You could find yourself looking for a QB again in 2 or 3 weeks.

I'd probably stick with Pickett, with White my next option if needed for the playoffs. 

As for TE...  I have no earthly idea.  Mine have sucked all season long.  I don't trust Likely at all.  I'd take Johnson, just because the Rams offense is so bad, and Johnson gets endzone throws.

I'm seriously considering Purdy. If you look at his plays in college, he made a lot of quick throws, screens, slants, etc. and let his athletes work around him (Breece Hall for example). He also could throw with some touch down the sideline again single-high safety coverage.

He also probably has talented guys around him that are good at YAC - McAffrey, Samuel, Kittle, Aiyuk, etc. Those guys may be better than anyone in the NFL.

On top of that, Shanahan historically can get the most out of QBs (unless you credit Mike McDaniel for that). Its the same reason why a lot of people were high on Lance coming into the season.

« Reply #51 on: December 06, 2022, 01:06:41 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

I personally prefer Conklin to Dulcich, but it definitely makes sense to grab Dobbins instead of Williams.

I've alternated with both this year.  Whichever one I play, they end up scoring 0 or 1 points.  If I sit them, though, they'll score 8 or so.

The Jets are definitely a better offense, and their QB is playing better this year.  But, Dulcich gets more targets and yards.

« Reply #52 on: December 06, 2022, 01:14:18 PM »

Online DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas

I've alternated with both this year.  Whichever one I play, they end up scoring 0 or 1 points.  If I sit them, though, they'll score 8 or so.

The Jets are definitely a better offense, and their QB is playing better this year.  But, Dulcich gets more targets and yards.

Aint that how FF works? I'd probably just pick one and stick with them at this point. That way at least you get the good weeks :)

« Reply #53 on: December 17, 2022, 12:10:05 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
Pick two:  Jonathon Taylor, Saquon Barkley, Zonovan Knight, J.K. Dobbins, Jaylen Waddle

I'm thinking Taylor and Dobbins.  Is it crazy to leave Barkley on the bench?

« Reply #54 on: December 17, 2022, 12:34:33 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Pick two:  Jonathon Taylor, Saquon Barkley, Zonovan Knight, J.K. Dobbins, Jaylen Waddle

depends on how injured the RB's actually are.  Dobbins looked good last week so he should be good.  Weather and QB could be an issue for Ravens today, so Dobbins is in line for a lot of work.  Last I heard Barkley is still pretty banged up so Taylor makes more sense even though the Colts are bad.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #55 on: December 17, 2022, 12:52:08 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

depends on how injured the RB's actually are.  Dobbins looked good last week so he should be good.  Weather and QB could be an issue for Ravens today, so Dobbins is in line for a lot of work.  Last I heard Barkley is still pretty banged up so Taylor makes more sense even though the Colts are bad.

That’s my thought process.  Dobbins is fresh and is in a run-heavy offense.  Barkley is tired and hurt.

« Reply #56 on: December 18, 2022, 02:17:05 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
Tannehill or Daniel Jones?

« Reply #57 on: December 18, 2022, 02:51:54 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
Tannehill or Daniel Jones?

Even though the Redskins are tough, Jones.

« Reply #58 on: December 18, 2022, 07:57:14 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
Went with Jones.  Tannehill ended up with a meager 11.7 points, so it appears that it was probably the correct call on my part.  See what Jones does tonight.

« Reply #59 on: December 28, 2022, 10:10:24 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 413
Need little help on who to start for Defense.. who would u start??

Jacksonville who playing at Houston or
Giants who playing at home vs Indy

I’m in 1000 bucks championship!!!!
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin