Author Topic: What’s the Last TV Series You Watched?  (Read 56356 times)

Re: What’s the Last TV Series You Watched?
« Reply #345 on: April 14, 2023, 04:32:31 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
I'm currently in the middle of season one of Divorce Attorney Shin on Netflix.  I'm not an attorney and I don't play one on tv, however I find this South Korean show funny and different.  The star of the show gave up being a college professor and famous pianist to become a divorce attorney.  He and his two buddies are around the age of 40 and act like they are still in school.  Each episode deals with a divorce.  The negative of the show is it is not dubbed.  You have to listen to them speaking Korean with English subtitles.  You need to stay focused to follow what is happening.  Not for everyone but I am enjoying it.

Thanks I'll check this out. I actually prefer subtitles to dubbing. I hate dubbing.

Plus am I the only one who also shows dialogue even when in English?  Find it easier to follow!!

« Reply #346 on: April 14, 2023, 06:12:47 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2522
I'm currently in the middle of season one of Divorce Attorney Shin on Netflix.  I'm not an attorney and I don't play one on tv, however I find this South Korean show funny and different.  The star of the show gave up being a college professor and famous pianist to become a divorce attorney.  He and his two buddies are around the age of 40 and act like they are still in school.  Each episode deals with a divorce.  The negative of the show is it is not dubbed.  You have to listen to them speaking Korean with English subtitles.  You need to stay focused to follow what is happening.  Not for everyone but I am enjoying it.

Thanks I'll check this out. I actually prefer subtitles to dubbing. I hate dubbing.

Plus am I the only one who also shows dialogue even when in English?  Find it easier to follow!!

You aren’t the only one for sure!!!  I’m all subtitle all the time. I don’t close caption for news or sports, but tv series’ and movies, always subtitle.

« Reply #347 on: April 14, 2023, 06:36:45 PM »

Online Silas

• 2020 CelticsStrong Draft Guru
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1799

You aren’t the only one for sure!!!  I’m all subtitle all the time. I don’t close caption for news or sports, but tv series’ and movies, always subtitle.

I do the same.  I have to keep the sound at a reasonable level to not bother my wife.  As a result, close caption for everything except news, sports and anything live.
I've lived through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened.   -  Mark Twain

« Reply #348 on: April 14, 2023, 09:42:25 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5350
  • Thumper of the BASS!

I watch it everyday on ........?

I love this show...!!!!

*sippin*

« Reply #349 on: April 15, 2023, 12:06:01 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Any Star Trek fans?  Particularly, is anybody watching Picard?

I was quite disappointed with Seasons 1 and 2.  They were watchable, but barely, in my opinion.

The third season, though?  I think it's pretty fantastic.  The penultimate episode, which just aired, was pretty wild.  It sets up an epic confrontation with a villain that has galaxy-wide consequences. 

And that's what I don't get:  This plot line could have easily sustained multiple seasons of good Trek episodes.  Instead, it's going to be resolved in one series finale.  To me, that's a bit frustrating:  when the show is at its absolute peak, with a good foundation to really built from, they're ending it. 

Does anybody else feel differently?  I'm definitely glad to have this season; I just wish we'd had three of this quality.  Thank goodness for Strange New Worlds, I guess.
I agree best season of Picard yet. It's got a lot going for it and the story should have been two seasons at least. Little faith it keeps its quality of it completes this one season.

« Reply #350 on: April 15, 2023, 02:16:32 AM »

Offline feckless

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 93

Just wondering how you found this?  Out of curiosity, from your description, I watched the first 2 episodes - I do not know how to describe it but I will keep going.  Thanks!
Days up and down they come, like rain on a conga drum, forget most, remember some, don't turn none away.   Townes Van Zandt

« Reply #351 on: April 15, 2023, 07:53:17 AM »

Online Silas

• 2020 CelticsStrong Draft Guru
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1799

Just wondering how you found this?  Out of curiosity, from your description, I watched the first 2 episodes - I do not know how to describe it but I will keep going.  Thanks!

A friend who watches a lot of Korean TV suggested the show.  She knew I enjoyed the series Extraordinary Attorney Woo and thought I might enjoy this series.  I found the 5th episode difficult to follow because of delays with the subtitles.  I hope the show will be easier to follow in the next episode.
I've lived through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened.   -  Mark Twain

« Reply #352 on: April 17, 2023, 05:21:01 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1431
“Beef”. First new show on Netflix that I’ve enjoyed in a while… Highly recommend.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AFPIMHBzGDs&pp=ygUMYmVlZiB0cmFpbGVy
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #353 on: April 17, 2023, 10:35:38 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
“Beef”. First new show on Netflix that I’ve enjoyed in a while… Highly recommend.

I'm really like it, too.  I've got three episodes left.  Very entertaining and well acted.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #354 on: April 17, 2023, 11:40:57 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1474

I'm really like it, too.  I've got three episodes left.  Very entertaining and well acted.

It was the one I mentioned a couple pages back.  It was very good.  Hopeful for a 2nd season.

« Reply #355 on: April 17, 2023, 11:58:07 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1431

It was the one I mentioned a couple pages back.  It was very good.  Hopeful for a 2nd season

Just finished it. Not sure how they’d do a second season. Definitely a quality show, though.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #356 on: July 06, 2023, 10:47:07 AM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
Hijack- Apple TV- they have only released 3 episodes but I'm hooked.

Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #357 on: July 06, 2023, 11:18:15 AM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486
I am late to the Better Call Saul team. Wow what a great show. Unbelievable quality for a spin off. The actors who play the cartel and traffickers (edited for spoilers) really pulled me into the show.
#JKJB

« Reply #358 on: July 06, 2023, 11:35:07 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
New season of "Black Mirror". 

I thought it was pretty up & down.  Really enjoyed the "Loch Henry", "Demon '79", & "Beyond the Sea" episodes.  Didn't like "Mazey Day" and "Joan Is Awful" was kinda blah.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #359 on: July 06, 2023, 11:39:53 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
New season of "Black Mirror". 

I thought it was pretty up & down.  Really enjoyed the "Loch Henry", "Demon '79", & "Beyond the Sea" episodes.  Didn't like "Mazey Day" and "Joan Is Awful" was kinda blah.

I'd pretty much concur with this.  I didn't hate Mazey Day, but it didn't hold up.

Beyond the Sea was produced, shot, written and acted very well.  But, as much as I can appreciate it, I don't "enjoy" stuff like that.  Kids, man.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes