Author Topic: Let the LesterFest begin!  (Read 13861 times)

Let the LesterFest begin!
« on: December 16, 2009, 04:20:23 PM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
Come on, you potential junkies out there, you've got to be excited to know that Lester Hudson will be featured in three games over the next four days.  Okay, so it's the developmental league--it still may be the most almost any of us have seen him play.

I also like that they timed his  trip down to be as compact as possible, while still letting him get into something of a rhythm.  Will be interesting to see if they try harder to get him into games when he returns.

Re: Let the LesterFest begin!
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2009, 04:37:31 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
Lester and Lobster, a match made in heaven.
Yup

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2009, 04:59:28 PM »

Offline dooyork

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 42
Lobster Hudson
Double rainbow all the way

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2009, 05:00:27 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
Lobster Hudson

;D

Simple and beautiful
Yup

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2009, 05:03:17 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
He's a rook and hasn't played but what I've seen I've liked. He's still in " could be a role player" Land.

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2009, 05:11:01 PM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!
There's a Claws game tonight, yea? Homegame at seven? Can't wait to see Lester and Billy playing together.

I think Lester could be a decent roleplayer right now. When Eddie struggles I wish we would give Lester like 5 minutes.

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2009, 05:43:37 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
Lobster Hudson

dont know if it is possible to be more more eloquent than this.  ;D

tp and well deserved for lester's new nickname.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2009, 06:06:27 PM »

Offline Rondo_is_better

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 495
  • R.I.P. Nate Dogg
Lobster Hudson

HAHAHAHAHHAHHAH OUTSTANDING

so many tps.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2009, 06:21:12 PM by Rondo_is_better »
Grab a few boards, keep the TO's under 14, close out on shooters and we'll win.

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2009, 06:13:37 PM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257
Probably should've saved the roster spot and cash and let him play the year in the D-League or Euroleague to begin with, still following him and letting him know what to work on, then bring him in next year.

It made sense to sign 2nd rounders that were either ready to play (like BBD and Gomes), or when we really stunk and needed to take a chance on kids to develop assets (i.e. Brandon Hunter), but I seriously don't understand why the 15th roster spot was used on him when he could have been developed elsewhere for less money.

Like is potential, and he should dominate in Portland.  Hope we get so see Hudson and Walker work together some, too.

« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2009, 07:19:24 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
Probably should've saved the roster spot and cash and let him play the year in the D-League or Euroleague to begin with, still following him and letting him know what to work on, then bring him in next year.

It made sense to sign 2nd rounders that were either ready to play (like BBD and Gomes), or when we really stunk and needed to take a chance on kids to develop assets (i.e. Brandon Hunter), but I seriously don't understand why the 15th roster spot was used on him when he could have been developed elsewhere for less money.

Like is potential, and he should dominate in Portland.  Hope we get so see Hudson and Walker work together some, too.

He's too old, it'd be wasting bullets to not have him signed and here.

« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2009, 07:30:23 PM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas

« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2009, 07:35:14 PM »

Offline lantinm

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 38
Personally, I'm excited to see what Lester does.

As of right now, he's 2 for 6, but he's got 5 pts, 3rbs, and 2 assists with 2 minutes left in the first quarter.

« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2009, 07:36:50 PM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1649
There's a Claws game tonight, yea? Homegame at seven? Can't wait to see Lester and Billy playing together.

I think Lester could be a decent roleplayer right now. When Eddie struggles I wish we would give Lester like 5 minutes.

This - particularly when Eddie is getting torched by somebody like Darren Collison or Jrue Holliday.  Eddie can't handle quicker guards at all.

« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2009, 08:15:43 PM »

Offline lantinm

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 38
Hudson is struggling a bit tonight with his shot (he's 4 for 11), but he shows excellent range, and he shoots off of the dribble very well.  He also broke someone's ankles on an inside-out dribble which resulted in him hitting a sweeping hook-like floater that led to a three-point play.  At the half he's got 11 pts,5 rebs,and 4 assists.  Much like Rondo, he plays a complete game.

« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2009, 08:34:11 PM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
Hudson is struggling a bit tonight with his shot (he's 4 for 11), but he shows excellent range, and he shoots off of the dribble very well.  He also broke someone's ankles on an inside-out dribble which resulted in him hitting a sweeping hook-like floater that led to a three-point play.  At the half he's got 11 pts,5 rebs,and 4 assists.  Much like Rondo, he plays a complete game.
[/quote

Rondo has said Hudson reminds him of himself.