Author Topic: Is this team in serious trouble?  (Read 5148 times)

Re: Is this team in serious trouble?
« Reply #30 on: November 20, 2018, 09:27:27 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
No, they have a lot of new pieces to incorporate, Hayward's recovery is well within expectation, young guys are being forced to adjust to lesser roles after a great playoff run, and they're hungover from said run.  These games are also relatively meaningless.  I'd bet playdream's house that they'll be in the Finals.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #31 on: November 20, 2018, 09:36:17 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
Hayward is losing us games with his poor shooting missing layups and doesn't dare finish his baseline or in the paint cuts.He just isn't back yet..
It is a normal part of recovering but i feel everybody is being effected .Whats Hayward costing in points per game 5-10.The guy just isn't 100% in his head ,in his lift and in his shooting.-
Maybe everybody has given themselves a free pass while Hayward recovers.

« Reply #32 on: November 20, 2018, 09:40:04 AM »

Online jbpats

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 406
For what its worth..

Mike Gorman predicted this team to be 9-7 to start the season on Toucher and Rich before the first game. I remember laughing to myself thinking this guy has finally lost it working alongside Tommy for so long.

He said Stevens has a lot to figure out, there is a lot of unknown, players who are coming back from injury and a lot of key guys who simply never played with one another. He said it's going to take some time to iron out.

He also predicted us coming out of the East.

In Gorman I trust. The Celtics will be fine.

« Reply #33 on: November 20, 2018, 09:48:52 AM »

Offline Vox_Populi

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 346
Yes. The Kings are as incompetent at losing as we are at winning. It's time to take matters into our own hands. We will draft Zion or Barrett ourselves.

« Reply #34 on: November 20, 2018, 10:00:25 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
For what its worth..

Mike Gorman predicted this team to be 9-7 to start the season on Toucher and Rich before the first game. I remember laughing to myself thinking this guy has finally lost it working alongside Tommy for so long.

He said Stevens has a lot to figure out, there is a lot of unknown, players who are coming back from injury and a lot of key guys who simply never played with one another. He said it's going to take some time to iron out.

TP for finding that nugget of optimism.

« Reply #35 on: November 20, 2018, 11:18:29 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
For what its worth..

well if he is all that smart lets make him GM and coach
« Last Edit: November 20, 2018, 11:24:47 AM by SHAQATTACK »

« Reply #36 on: November 20, 2018, 12:41:26 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
For what its worth..

I guess I should take a step back because I predicted they would go 8-7.

« Reply #37 on: November 20, 2018, 01:27:37 PM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
Even the we are playing right now we beat the Bucks, Sixers and Raps, so even if we are the eight seed in the off-season i think we have a decent chance

« Reply #38 on: November 20, 2018, 01:43:12 PM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 391
Not gonna lie, it’s not looking good. Outside of Chicago, the wins have felt 50 50 and there are some losses that are just embarrassing. It still looks like the team is playing entitled or playing without force  and I think a lot of this falls on CBS. Kyrie has risen to the top as our primary scorer but the other 4 guys need to figure it out.

Hubie brown quoted an interesting stat the other game. We have 6 guys averaging over 10 shots a hame. That’s not normal. And while some may say “hey that means they’re distributing the ball real well!” I see it as a lack of definition in players roles. Even the warriors, as stacked as they are, really only have 3 main scorers. KD and Steph are their go to’s and Klay is easily the 3rd banana (though they’re not afraid to feed him if he gets hot) while Draymond Green really takes a back seat, scoring wise. I think this team needs to figure out its pecking order and go from there.
- LilRip

« Reply #39 on: November 20, 2018, 01:47:32 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
I alway said since watching the NBA, that u can really tell what a team will be after Christmas..so hopefully they can turn it around by then..if not then its talking and waiting for summer of 2019
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #40 on: November 20, 2018, 03:45:55 PM »

Offline MikeB12

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 28
As I posted early on, last years team went 16-2 and I predicted a 11-7 OR WORSE start after the first several games.   Some on this board said it was way to early to wonder how the Celtics would do this year...

Well, the Celtics are playing WORSE than I predicted for the first 18 games...actually only 17 so far at 9-8.

Yes there are a lot of games left but not only is there concern about the Celtics in my mind and a lot of others but what about Toronto, Philly, Milwaukee, Indiana ?   Those teams are playing really well early which may not bode well for the Celtics.

Still early, but something is definitely wrong with the C's so far.  Brown is shooting worse than Smart, which is definitely not a good thing.  He is really out of whack.  Hayward hopefully will improve as time goes on.

MikeB  (Celtics fan since the '60s)

« Reply #41 on: November 21, 2018, 06:03:13 PM »

Offline JSD

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2155
Celtics will win the next 13 straight games.

Might even beat the Bucks to make it 14. Then who knows? This could be a 20+ game winning streak. Buckle up, boys.

Begins tonight.
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #42 on: November 21, 2018, 06:32:28 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741
For what its worth..

Gorman knows best.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #44 on: December 01, 2018, 06:47:41 PM »

Online ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1362
For what its worth..

Gorman knows best.

Gorman's been around long enough to know that it's not like NBA2K - just because you collect the best players into a team they won't automatically know how to play well with each other until they've had some time to gel. It's no surprise that the players whose roles have changed the most - Hayward, Brown, Rozier - are the ones who have taken so long to adjust. But they're getting there.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D