Author Topic: ESPN: Celtics and Mavs discussing Rondo trade  (Read 111460 times)

Re: ESPN: Celtics and Mavs discussing Rondo trade
« Reply #390 on: December 18, 2014, 05:01:28 PM »

Offline Kadin

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 29
Honestly if the best offer we get is Wright and a 1st we may as well just hold on to Rondo and let him walk at seasons end... seriously that offer is incredibly pathetic, but DA knows this or the deal would be done. I like what he's doing.. let the Rockets and Mavs fight it out and increase their offers
This is what I'm thinking as well. If Danny can incite a bidding war between multiple teams, maybe we could get something that makes the trade worthwhile.

« Reply #391 on: December 18, 2014, 05:01:54 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Remember when we convinced ourselves the Cavs would give up Irving for Rondo?

It still makes a whole lot of 'basketball sense'
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #392 on: December 18, 2014, 05:02:02 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587
I sure as hell hope that there is a third party involved if this DAL rumor is true.
I would guess this is why the deal has yet to be completed. I'm trying to think of what contending team could use a player like Brandan Wright coming off their bench.

PHX for IT?

I'd hope we could pry Bledsoe if it was PHX. A Smart Bledsoe backcourt would be great if an extended rebuild is the path we're seamlessly heading toward

« Reply #393 on: December 18, 2014, 05:02:12 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Adrian Wojnarowski @WojYahooNBA  ?  1m 1 minute ago

Dallas is emerging as the frontrunner in pursuit of a deal to acquire Boston's Rajon Rondo, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.

god I hope this doesnt happen
I am mentally preparing myself to be underwhelmed by the return. Hopefully a third team wants Wright and we can get a young asset for him.

If this happens, I need two firsts plus Wright to be re-routed, as you said. Not immediately, but start him and build up his trade value only to ship him at the deadline.

Dont even think it will be 2 1sts. Wright , 2015 non protected 1st and right to swap a future 1st. Danny may throw in a 2nd. There is always a chance the Cavs step in , take wright etc and give us waiters

Dallas gave us a discount for the 13th the prior draft. Danny might be returning the favor. Dont think he likes that sleazeball morey and the last thing he wants to do is help the lakers.

Plus for rondo he will be in a good situation going to the Mavs. 

Hopefully something will be finalized soon. 

« Reply #394 on: December 18, 2014, 05:02:17 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
Monta Ellis would be very good alongside Marcus Smart in the backcourt.
Dallas seems to want a Monta/Rondo backcourt, based on media speculation at least.

I looked at their Reddits and the fans seem most excited about Rondo in Dallas, sort of excited in LA and against the trade in Houston.  Dallas has like 140 post threads while Houston has like 20 post threads about it.

« Reply #395 on: December 18, 2014, 05:02:37 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
I sure as hell hope that there is a third party involved if this DAL rumor is true.
I would guess this is why the deal has yet to be completed. I'm trying to think of what contending team could use a player like Brandan Wright coming off their bench.

Saw someone post this earlier , wright to cle and maybe cle gets their 1st rd pick back , c's get waiters

« Reply #396 on: December 18, 2014, 05:02:57 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Remember when we convinced ourselves the Cavs would give up Irving for Rondo?
I remember when people thought this is a horrible trade for the Celtics...
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #397 on: December 18, 2014, 05:03:08 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
Phx? To send a PG our way?
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #398 on: December 18, 2014, 05:03:16 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2411
I think there's zero chance they'll give us Ellis for Rondo.

I think there has to be something big that is not being reported right now. There is no way Ainge should still be talking to Dallas if that is all they are willing to part with.

Surely there is another shoe to drop in these trade discussions.

« Reply #399 on: December 18, 2014, 05:03:44 PM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568

PHX for IT?

I'd hope we could pry Bledsoe if it was PHX. A Smart Bledsoe backcourt would be great if an extended rebuild is the path we're seamlessly heading toward

I think Bledsoe is off limits but Ainge has certainly expressed interest in IT before and he has a pretty friendly contract.
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #400 on: December 18, 2014, 05:03:45 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969

Gotta be.  There's no way Danny's accepting a trade centered around Wright + a late pick.  That's a horrible return.  Either Dallas is including one of their decent players or a 3rd team is involved.

DA...should be fired if he trades away a great player for scrubs .

« Reply #401 on: December 18, 2014, 05:04:29 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

I think there has to be something big that is not being reported right now. There is no way Ainge should still be talking to Dallas if that is all they are willing to part with.

I think its a scramble to find a third team to add pieces that Boston wants. Usually those efforts fail, so is there a two team trade with the Mavericks makes any sense?

Houston has an easier time giving us players, but a harder time matching contracts...

« Reply #402 on: December 18, 2014, 05:04:30 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley

Saw someone post this earlier , wright to cle and maybe cle gets their 1st rd pick back , c's get waiters

I'd probably be able to stomach Waiters and multiple firsts... just not Brandon Wright on a rebuilding team as the centerpiece of a Rondo trade

« Reply #403 on: December 18, 2014, 05:05:48 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley

Completey agree. Something is missing as is, the offer we heard is far too underwhelming (10 cents on the dollar, not even 40)

« Reply #404 on: December 18, 2014, 05:06:27 PM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568

I agree.

Mannix tweeted that SAC is out of the race now because Boston's price is "too high". Cant imagine Wright and a pick qualifies as "too high".
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.