Author Topic: The Lakers are a mess!  (Read 3975 times)

Re: The Lakers are a mess!
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2013, 11:58:00 AM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
Sure the Lakers are a mess and yes they are dealing with significant injuries, but they also had won 6 of 7 and were playing well.

I am not gonna cry for them. They got beat and we beat them good.
I give much credit to Gasol for those wins, and he is gone.

« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2013, 12:03:25 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
#1 - Fire D'Antoni

They'll pick up 10 extra wins right there.

This is their main problem...

He benches Gasol who is arguably (or maybe not a huge argument this season) their second best player. Then he starts giving him the minutes he deserves and they win 6 out of 7...Um, Doy!

The Lakers are a mess and Kobe is p---ed and is just going to continue to play iso ball all season. Howard looks terrible physically and mentally. I cant see any reason why he would sign with the Lakers at this point.

« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2013, 12:05:08 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

I cant see any reason why he would sign with the Lakers at this point.

Money talks.

« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2013, 12:08:52 PM »

Offline the_Bird

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 176

Money talks.

He can get the same $$ in a sign-and-trade, and every team with sufficient cap space will be trying to make that happen.

« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2013, 12:19:17 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

Money talks.

He can get the same $$ in a sign-and-trade, and every team with sufficient cap space will be trying to make that happen.

I didn't mean merely his basketball contract, although that is part of it.  He also has a bigger market for even local endorsement deals, much less national ones, and I'd be shocked if he didn't envision himself in a movie or two.  His Q-score (or whatever that absurd Hollywood popularity rating is) may have fallen a bit, but if he's healthy and dominating again for a season, it'll shoot right back up, or at least he thinks it will.

« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2013, 12:21:29 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
I really don't think Howard resigns with the Lakers. He didn't want to go there in the first place, and now going through the mess he's going through, with Kobe giving him crap daily, I just don't see it.

« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2013, 12:36:16 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
I really don't think Howard resigns with the Lakers. He didn't want to go there in the first place, and now going through the mess he's going through, with Kobe giving him crap daily, I just don't see it.
The extra 30 million is an awful lot to turn down, especially when you've just had two injury ravanged years.

« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2013, 12:42:02 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
The extra 30 million is an awful lot to turn down, especially when you've just had two injury ravanged years.

I think if he didn't sign with LA they would find a way to sign-and-trade him - most likely scenario is the Lopez + filler deal with Brooklyn that Orlando turned down.

But I'm not really up on the new CBA so I'm not sure if that kind of move is doable these days.

« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2013, 12:44:57 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

I think if he didn't sign with LA they would find a way to sign-and-trade him - most likely scenario is the Lopez + filler deal with Brooklyn that Orlando turned down.

But I'm not really up on the new CBA so I'm not sure if that kind of move is doable these days.
If you're over the tax line you can't sign and trade anymore? There was some restriction like that I thought.

« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2013, 12:51:37 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

If you're over the tax line you can't sign and trade anymore? There was some restriction like that I thought.

Yeah, that sounds familiar.  Makes sense.

If Dwight wants the money but doesn't want to play for LA he can always fall back on the sign-and-whine-and-trade move that worked in Orlando.

« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2013, 01:12:15 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509
This seaon (so far) cannot be doing anything good for Dwight's value.  Of course he is still seen as the top C in the league, but I think he may be seen as much more of a gamble than he used to be.  The gamble being that he is  a guy to build a franchise around.   

I'm not positive the Nets would rather have DH than Brooke Lopez.   

« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2013, 01:13:44 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
Best part of this NBA season.

I agree. When Rondo went down I was looking forward to seeing Sully and Bradley develop. Now it's see Bradley develop and the Lakers implode.

« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2013, 01:22:20 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Dwight admitts he has no feeling in his legs at times  during a game even........people this is not good,

DH lives or dies by this super human strength and athletic abilities,,,,,,,,,,,he has low skills otherwise and very very low IQ.

I don't think Howard will ever be the monster he was in Orlando .........he may need another operation on his back and  1-2 years of patient  work to heal properly.

we know for the lakers there is no tomorrow when it comes to NBA 

the Lakers will trade. him for sure.....they don't have enough Kobe years. left to wait out  Howard's
recovery.

oh........now they are setting their sights on K.Love........it never ends........never about chemistry...just about TV money with them.

« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2013, 01:26:04 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
Did they run an offensive play all night?  It was literally just Kobe iso, him posting up whoever was on him even if he was 15 feet or more from the hoop.

It was embarrassing.  This is a team with no chemistry.

I actually thought the D'Antoni hire was a smart one because his scheme could work with the personnel, but they aren't even running his offense out there.  I have no idea what's going on.

At the Garden last night I saw a lot of either Kobe or Dwight jerseys, and I hope those Lakers fans have another jersey besides the Dwight one because he's out of there this offseason.

I'm sure Dwight and D'Antoni will be scape goated and they deserve blame, but from what I saw last night, Kobe does as well.  Playing so selfishly out there.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2013, 01:39:02 PM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 224
This all couldnt be happening to a nicer fan base