Author Topic: Chris Paul ruled out for Game 6  (Read 2195 times)

Chris Paul ruled out for Game 6
« on: May 25, 2018, 01:55:29 PM »

Offline 18isGREATERthan72

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 34
Chris Paul is out for Game 6 against the Warriors.  His injury seems to be one that won't just get better in a few days.

I can only think if the Rockets somehow beat the Warriors despite being down Chris Paul and if the Celtics can close out against the Cavaliers how there is a chance of beating the Rockets in a 7 game series without one of their most important cogs.

Re: Chris Paul ruled out for Game 6
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2018, 02:02:46 PM »

Offline Erik

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • The voice of reason
This was expected. I think he can play game 6, but they're going all in on game 7. Chris Paul will play game 7 for sure.

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2018, 02:04:41 PM »

• Al Horford
They didn't even wait for later in the day today to see if he feels better.  Also I believe he had a hamstring injury on the same leg earlier in the season.

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2018, 02:04:47 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
anyone else hoping we close out the Cavs and somehow the rockets close it out and are without a healthy chris paul in the finals?

It's all coming up Celtics lol
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2018, 02:07:29 PM »

• Al Horford
anyone else hoping we close out the Cavs and somehow the rockets close it out and are without a healthy chris paul in the finals?

I hate to be that guy in regards to injuries, but those were my exact thoughts on it.  I think after the season the Celtics had with injuries, they have earned some breaks going their way though.  Hopefully we can close out the Cavs.

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2018, 02:09:17 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
I'd rather play the Rockets from a Celtics perspective either way, I think they're the less talented team. CP3 injury really sucks, I feel awful for him. So many promising post seasons undone by injury for him.

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2018, 02:15:13 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
turn out the lights

Rockets party over .

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2018, 02:23:49 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Silver has got to know Cavs vs GS series is a total loser for TV  ratings .    Almost nobody wants to see Cavs dragged to the Guillotine. with tired old LeWhine .....cringe

Celtics will provide the he he best TV rating

maybe Silver finally gives the refs the cut thoat sign on Lebron.s run.

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2018, 02:27:41 PM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 291

I hate to be that guy in regards to injuries, but those were my exact thoughts on it.  I think after the season the Celtics had with injuries, they have earned some breaks going their way though.  Hopefully we can close out the Cavs.

Yep, doesn't matter what the injury situation is for other teams. Celtics are already doing this without Irving and Hayward. Good luck to anyone using injuries as an excuse at this point.

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2018, 03:09:04 PM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88
Not surprised, he has always been hurt in the playoffs, that's why i thought Rocket is taking a HUGE gamble

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2018, 03:21:20 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
I can’t see Rockets winning without Chris Paul. Harden has been terrible the last few games and I think with even more pressure on him he won’t persevere.

Rockets will need Paul for Game 7.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2018, 03:29:48 PM »

Offline TomHeinsohn

• NCE
  • Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 33
Another GSW championship all but handed to them

« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2018, 04:10:10 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2478

Yeah, we are due some injury luck. It has derailed a bunch of title runs in the last thirty+ years.

I wouldn't be surprised if a hobbled Rockets team shoots their way to a game 7 victory. If their roleplayers hit 3's - and often it is the roleplayers who get hot in those ultra-high-pressure game 7's - then they have a great chance. Especially considering the Warriors' propensity for choking.

And honestly we have the defensive personnel to match up against both teams.

Also the Warriors do not look particularly healthy or athletic right now. Their biggest weakness - their lack of inside scoring - seems even worse than usual. They can't finish a shot inside. And when they become completely reliant on outside shots, those shots get harder in the big moments.

Klay and Curry don't seem right. Iggy is hurt. Draymond seems a step slower.

We have a real shot here, and that is pretty awesome.

« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2018, 05:35:48 PM »

Offline Rakulp

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 78

Nah, I'd rather put Lebron down like a junkyard dog and then drive a stake through the heart of the Warriors for Banner 18...but that's just me :)

« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2018, 05:57:08 PM »

Offline Chief Macho

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 84
Loser Chris Paul does loser Chris Paul things