Author Topic: Any questions regarding Perk's value against the Heat?  (Read 14312 times)

Re: Any questions regarding Perk's value against the Heat?
« Reply #45 on: June 24, 2012, 12:47:17 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Perk is a very average NBA player.
...and an upgrade over the centers we've had ever since.

not at 8 million a year.

Ask Mike Brown's vaunted "Twin Towers" about that.

The amount of times I saw Bynum grimacing as Perk laid that 280 pound body on him...keeping him out of his sweet spots.....plus, seeing Perk push Pau around?

While it is so hard to gauge Perk's worth monetarily, I'd bet that those two think Perk is worth 20 mil a year.

Theres some truth in that. We weren't worried about the Lakers though. We needed to get by Miami and needed a a6'9" athlete to help defend Lebron and run with Rondo.  I think what Bulpett said about the trade on Celtics Stuff was very compelling. The view around the league is that the trade was a very good one by Ainge.

Good point. I'd like to think that Doc would've found creative ways to use Perk vs MIA (if he was still in Green), but such a matchup would've been interesting to see.

Re: Any questions regarding Perk's value against the Heat?
« Reply #46 on: June 24, 2012, 02:07:41 AM »

Offline 17wasEZ

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 39
Perk is a very average NBA player.
...and an upgrade over the centers we've had ever since.

not at 8 million a year.

Ask Mike Brown's vaunted "Twin Towers" about that.

The amount of times I saw Bynum grimacing as Perk laid that 280 pound body on him...keeping him out of his sweet spots.....plus, seeing Perk push Pau around?

While it is so hard to gauge Perk's worth monetarily, I'd bet that those two think Perk is worth 20 mil a year.

Theres some truth in that. We weren't worried about the Lakers though. We needed to get by Miami and needed a a6'9" athlete to help defend Lebron and run with Rondo.  I think what Bulpett said about the trade on Celtics Stuff was very compelling. The view around the league is that the trade was a very good one by Ainge.

Good point. I'd like to think that Doc would've found creative ways to use Perk vs MIA (if he was still in Green), but such a matchup would've been interesting to see.

Doc had a hard time finding creative ways to keep Stiemsma on the court through most of the playoffs.  And Stiemsma was getting some very valuable minutes on the floor down the stretch of the regular season.

Again, the point of this thread is about Perk's value vs. the Heat.  I presume he just wouldn't have helped our boys in green vs. Lebron and company the last two playoff series.

I have a lot of respect for Perk, but as someone pointed out earlier, he played very limited minutes on the 2008 championship team and he averaged 7.0 points and 6.1 rebounds per game that season.

Actually, his value was huge in 2010 when he played against Miami (J. O'Neal at center), Cleveland (Z at center), Orlando (Howard at center) and the Lakers (Bynum at center).  Since then? Not so much.
We all think we know more than we really do....