Author Topic: Cavs Tonight  (Read 2029 times)

Cavs Tonight
« on: April 15, 2009, 10:35:56 AM »

Offline MMacOH

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 129
They have a chance to tie Boston's record for regular season home record at 40-1.  They will be sitting Lebron and Z while Mo and other starters are going to play limited minutes.  It is going to be tough for them to tie the record with the team they will be throwing out there tonight.

Re: Cavs Tonight
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2009, 10:37:09 AM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 683
  • MASTER OF PANIC
come on..boston just beat the same philly team on the road playing limited minutes to rondo, perk pierce and no kg or ray...cavs win that game by 10

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2009, 10:42:26 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
I will be rooting very hard for Philly, though I don't know how much they'll play their guys with the 7 seed locked up. 

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2009, 12:08:59 PM »

Offline markketch

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 16
Coach Mike Brown announced at shootaround this morning that LeBron James, Zydrunas Ilgauskas, Mo Williams, Joe Smith and Ben Wallace will sit out tonight regular season finale at Quicken Loans Arena against the Philadelphia 76ers, in order to rest before the start of this weekend's playoffs.
Lorenzen Wright and Jawad Williams will be activated for tonight's game.

The Cavs are playing for the chance to tie the all-time NBA record of 40 home wins in a season. They are 39-1 at the Q entering tonight's game.

It's an important game for Philadelphia. A Sixers win and a loss by the Chicago Bulls (they host Toronto tonight) would give the Sixers No. 6 seed in the playoffs.

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2009, 12:17:52 PM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!
Smart move to sit the stars, no reason to risk any injuries. Delonte will power the Cavs onto a win tonight, after what I saw of the Sixers last night, they will probably lose tonight, especially in Cleveland where obviously the Cavs have been pretty good.

I'm not real concerned with the Cavs tying the record, it's kind of one of those secondary records that is nice, but not really something to go nuts about. Despite my extreme dislike of Lebron I am glad they will have a better record than the Lakers, if it comes to the Cavs and Lakers in the finals (please god no) I will have to root for the Cavs in a finals that is a perfect storm of teams I hate.

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2009, 12:19:47 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 683
  • MASTER OF PANIC
well...i hope the 76ers cab actually beat those guys...doubtful though

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2009, 11:00:10 PM »

Offline Ed Teach

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 8
Sixers are up by 1 with 3 sec.

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2009, 11:03:51 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
The record stands - reason to celebrate.  Not thrilled to get the Bulls, but I'm not worried about getting past them, just how much trouble they'll give us.