Author Topic: Trade Irving for the sake of the team  (Read 55375 times)

Re: Trade Kyrie and ride the young guys....
« Reply #450 on: January 30, 2019, 12:36:11 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823
No thanks.

As a fan, I have NO interest in seeing another rebuild.

NONE.

It's cool though. We have enough 'young,' prospects to ride out the championship. Don't worry guise!

At this point, I'm thoroughly convinced that Kyrie either shot someone's cat, or kicked someone's dog... The amount of hate for him on this forum has exceeded past, pre-Mavericks Rajon Rondo hate.

I am trying to take it with a grain of salt and not let it annoy me.
Sorry to go in a different direction but Raton Rondo deserves all the criticism he got. He quit on the team and put himself above his teamates.

Sure he did towards the end, but before then? I would highly disagree, but to each his own.

Agreed. Fans spent so much time hating him, after awhile he decided the fanbase wasn't worth playing for.

What did the Dallas fans do to annoy him? He flamed out there after crashing their offense and clashing with everybody. https://www.sbnation.com/2015/4/22/8467121/rajon-rondo-benched-dallas-mavericks-nba-free-agency

I doubt Rajon has ever played for the fan base. He’s been his own cat since day one. Sometimes that helps a team; a lot of the time it is a huge pain.

Rajon's culpable for what happened in Dallas, for sure. But I still don't understand why Rick Carlisle has been completely absolved from that debacle. He has issues with Darren Collison and now he's having issues with Dennis Smith Jr. Guy's a good coach but he has issues with PG's that don't perfectly fit his mold. Rondo's had issues in the past, but George Karl said he was great in Sacramento. Fred Hoiberg said he was great with young guys in Chicago. Alvin Gentry loved him in New Orleans and he seems to be doing well with Luke Walton in LA.

I can't say I know what happened on all of his teams; as his time with the Celtics faded further into the past I stopped following him. I do wonder, if he was such a great teammate, how it is he's playing on his sixth team in six years.  I know teams go through rebuilds and their needs change, etc., etc. But if he was such a plus, talented and a good teammate, why is it nobody held onto him and no contending team emerged to snatch him up?

« Reply #451 on: January 30, 2019, 12:58:41 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1410
  • Let's Go Celtics!
No thanks.

As a fan, I have NO interest in seeing another rebuild.

NONE.

It's cool though. We have enough 'young,' prospects to ride out the championship. Don't worry guise!

At this point, I'm thoroughly convinced that Kyrie either shot someone's cat, or kicked someone's dog... The amount of hate for him on this forum has exceeded past, pre-Mavericks Rajon Rondo hate.

I am trying to take it with a grain of salt and not let it annoy me.
Sorry to go in a different direction but Raton Rondo deserves all the criticism he got. He quit on the team and put himself above his teamates.

Sure he did towards the end, but before then? I would highly disagree, but to each his own.

Agreed. Fans spent so much time hating him, after awhile he decided the fanbase wasn't worth playing for.

What did the Dallas fans do to annoy him? He flamed out there after crashing their offense and clashing with everybody. https://www.sbnation.com/2015/4/22/8467121/rajon-rondo-benched-dallas-mavericks-nba-free-agency

I doubt Rajon has ever played for the fan base. He’s been his own cat since day one. Sometimes that helps a team; a lot of the time it is a huge pain.

Rajon's culpable for what happened in Dallas, for sure. But I still don't understand why Rick Carlisle has been completely absolved from that debacle. He has issues with Darren Collison and now he's having issues with Dennis Smith Jr. Guy's a good coach but he has issues with PG's that don't perfectly fit his mold. Rondo's had issues in the past, but George Karl said he was great in Sacramento. Fred Hoiberg said he was great with young guys in Chicago. Alvin Gentry loved him in New Orleans and he seems to be doing well with Luke Walton in LA.

I can't say I know what happened on all of his teams; as his time with the Celtics faded further into the past I stopped following him. I do wonder, if he was such a great teammate, how it is he's playing on his sixth team in six years.  I know teams go through rebuilds and their needs change, etc., etc. But if he was such a plus, talented and a good teammate, why is it nobody held onto him and no contending team emerged to snatch him up?

With Sacramento - George Karl left (he and DeMarcus Cousins butted heads) and despite Demarcus wanting Rondo back, the Kings did what the Kings do. With Chicago - there was no point to him resigning once the team traded Jimmy Butler. New Orleans (where he was recruited by Demarcus) allegedly wanted to resign him but he opted to take more money with the Lakers.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #452 on: January 30, 2019, 07:09:00 PM »

Offline TheReaLPuba

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 79
Trade Kyrie for Ball and Ingram.

We still have depth and we can ride with a full blown youth movement.

Kyrie wants to make movies so LA and NY will be his preferred spots.

Yes trade for Ball... A PG that is shooting 41.7% from FT...

Where do you geniuses think of these terrible trade threads? Also if we traded Kyrie, we could certainly garner more than two okay promising prospects..

I seriously don't understand the hate for Kyrie... I mean this guy has been putting the team on his back when half our team is shooting 3 pointers, and taking ugly contested shots/not running back on defense..

Without Kyrie, we certainly would be 6th or 7th seed at this point.

Well he wants to play for the Lakers and make movies.

LeBron is there. If AD goes there they can actually compete and get revenge against the Warriors.

I would take any pass-first PG at this point.

We HAVE scorers and shooters we don't need Ball to score. He has a high basketball IQ and terrific passing prowess.

Plus this team is just more enjoyable to watch without Kyrie holding this team's future hostage.

Will he sign or won't he sign.

It's very frustrating.

« Reply #453 on: January 30, 2019, 07:31:34 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Let's Go Celtics!

Where do you geniuses think of these terrible trade threads? Also if we traded Kyrie, we could certainly garner more than two okay promising prospects..

I seriously don't understand the hate for Kyrie... I mean this guy has been putting the team on his back when half our team is shooting 3 pointers, and taking ugly contested shots/not running back on defense..

LeBron is there. If AD goes there they can actually compete and get revenge against the Warriors.

We HAVE scorers and shooters we don't need Ball to score. He has a high basketball IQ and terrific passing prowess.

Plus this team is just more enjoyable to watch without Kyrie holding this team's future hostage.

It's very frustrating.

You legit wrote this a week ago:

"Always respected his basketball skill and talent and thought his leadership, defense, and size were negatives...but he's come a long way.

Still young and growing, learning, and maturing. 

His play of late has been phenomenal."

So what has Kyrie said or done - and I mean him, personally, not "sources" - that now means he's holding the team's future hostage?
2021 Houston Rockets

« Reply #454 on: January 30, 2019, 07:33:26 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

It's very frustrating.

"Always respected his basketball skill and talent and thought his leadership, defense, and size were negatives...but he's come a long way.

So what has Kyrie said or done - and I mean him, personally, not "sources" - that now means he's holding the team's future hostage?
Lol. Asking for accountability and consistency? Are you sure you're in the right place?
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #455 on: January 30, 2019, 07:50:54 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Let's Go Celtics!

It's very frustrating.

Lol. Asking for accountability and consistency? Are you sure you're in the right place?

Lol, it really is silly season. A week ago, that poster was saying we should do whatever it takes to resign Kyrie. Now, we need to trade him for any ballhandling PG.
2021 Houston Rockets

« Reply #456 on: January 30, 2019, 07:52:22 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

It's very frustrating.

Lol, it really is silly season. A week ago, that poster was saying we should do whatever it takes to resign Kyrie. Now, we need to trade him for any ballhandling PG.
Gotta get that pass-first point guard! Ricky Rubio we're coming for you

Re: Trade Irving for the sake of the team
« Reply #457 on: January 30, 2019, 08:02:20 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Is Irving at the game tonight? Supporting the team

Where is he... so he can make clarify these rumors?

« Reply #458 on: January 30, 2019, 08:05:50 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Let's Go Celtics!

It's literally sitting on the bench - right near the coaching staff. Should he interrupt the game and just address the crowd right now?
2021 Houston Rockets

« Reply #459 on: January 30, 2019, 08:06:27 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

My god, do you really expect him to comment on these garbage rumours coming from Rich Paul and his legion of D-grade media personalities?

« Reply #460 on: January 30, 2019, 08:10:47 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Jaylen Brown!

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #461 on: January 30, 2019, 08:10:47 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

It's literally sitting on the bench - right near the coaching staff. Should he interrupt the game and just address the crowd right now?

RJ87 and Gouki88 the presidents of the Kyrie Irving is life fanclub

Of course

Yes he should clarify. And tell the world I plan to resign!

Also would be nice if he sacrifices some money for a chance at a championship, sign a two year extension so Celts can trade for AD in the next few days

« Reply #462 on: January 30, 2019, 08:12:25 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

« Reply #463 on: January 30, 2019, 08:13:14 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Yes, he is.

Are you watching the game?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #464 on: January 30, 2019, 08:14:30 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Let's Go Celtics!

RJ87 and Gouki88 the presidents of the Kyrie Irving is life fanclub

Of course

Yes he should clarify. And tell the world I plan to resign!

Also would be nice if he sacrifices some money for a chance at a championship, signs a two year extension so Celts can trade for AD in the next few days

You asked if he was there, right? Are you mad because he is and it killed your plans to complain that he's not?

And he should sacrifice jack squat. When Danny trades x-player for whatever reason, he does so in the best interest of the franchise (i.e. Isaiah Thomas). Kyrie - and all players - should do what's best for them every single time. There's no such thing as loyalty in basketball. It's a business.
2021 Houston Rockets