Author Topic: Grizzlies open to trading #4 pick. Also, Suns open to trading #1 pick  (Read 8820 times)

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2776700-2018-nba-draft-rumors-grizzlies-open-to-trading-no-4-overall-pick

According to Sean Deveney of Sporting News, one NBA general manager said the following about the Grizzlies' stance entering the draft on June 21:

"If you have someone you like in the first few picks, they're the first call you'd make. They obviously were the most disappointed with the way the lottery went and the options they have now. It seems like they want to try to turn that pick into something else.

"Everyone's going to talk before the draft, of course. But Memphis, I think they're the ones who are going to be more ready to do something than others."

give them back the 2019 MEM protected pick, sac pick, and/or maybe rozier?

I think they’d be interested in having their pick back and it gives Danny a little leverage

Suns open to trading #1:  http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/23540668/phoenix-suns-general-manager-ryan-mcdonough-certainly-open-dealing-no-1-pick
« Last Edit: May 19, 2018, 12:02:00 AM by CelticsElite »

Re: Grizzlies are open to shopping the #4 pick (bleacher report)
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2018, 08:56:05 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Ooft, if we got that and snagged Jackson/Bamba/Bagley it'd be insane.

Are the Grizzlies interested in Rozier though? Wouldn't he just be a backup to max contract Conley
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

Re: Grizzlies open to trading #4 pick (bleacher report)
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2018, 09:40:58 PM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 617
Can we have Gasol instead?
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

Re: Grizzlies open to trading #4 pick (bleacher report)
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2018, 10:54:07 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
Phoenix and Memphis picks o  the block. Should be an interesting week leading into the draft
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Suns open to trading the #1 pick

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/23540668/phoenix-suns-general-manager-ryan-mcdonough-certainly-open-dealing-no-1-pick

Kyrie for #1 ?

If Ayton is really that good, and Phoenix would actually trade the first pick and Tyson Chandler, for salary purposes in the case of the latter, obviously, not to mention unfortunately, seeing as to how much I despise dat dude, lol, for Kyrie, then I'd pull the trigger on that deal without hesitation.

Offline MattyIce

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 740
Suns open to trading the #1 pick

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/23540668/phoenix-suns-general-manager-ryan-mcdonough-certainly-open-dealing-no-1-pick

Kyrie for #1 ?

If Ayton is really that good, and Phoenix would actually trade the first pick and Tyson Chandler, for salary purposes in the case of the latter, obviously, not to mention unfortunately, seeing as to how much I despise dat dude, lol, for Kyrie, then I'd pull the trigger on that deal without hesitation.

from what i understood, is that KI made it known to Suns that he wouldn't sign an extension with them..if so they obviously wouldn't do it

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2018, 07:00:52 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

Are the Grizzlies interested in Rozier though? Wouldn't he just be a backup to max contract Conley

Conley is turning 31 and has had a host of injuries. Over the last 3 seasons he's missed 109 games. Regardless, Rozier would see a huge amount of playing time, either alongside Conley or without him.

I do think that Rozier, #27, Sacramento 2019, and Memphis' 2019 would probably get it done. That's a lot of assets back, including their own pick, which is huge for a team so devoid of talent.

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2018, 08:09:03 AM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 628
  • Mark Blount often got smoked

Conley is turning 31 and has had a host of injuries. Over the last 3 seasons he's missed 109 games. Regardless, Rozier would see a huge amount of playing time, either alongside Conley or without him.

I do think that Rozier, #27, Sacramento 2019, and Memphis' 2019 would probably get it done. That's a lot of assets back, including their own pick, which is huge for a team so devoid of talent.

I would have to consider dealing Rozier, #27, Sac + Memphis 2019 picks for the right to draft #4 and pick between Bagley, Jaren Jackson Jr and Wendell Carter. Carter looks like exactly what we want from a young big man to play with Al and someday replace him, and Bagley / JJJ have insane upside. There’s also the X factor, Michael Porter Jr.

If we think Carter is there, might be more palatable to trade Rozier, #27, Sac + Clips 2019 picks for the #6 pick from Orlando.
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07

Offline Green-18

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
This is very interesting to say the least.  I wouldn't be surprised to see a deal with Memphis be contingent upon a specific player being available at #4.  Danny has mentioned multiple times that they place very high value on competitiveness.  Talent and raw potential are only part of the equation. 

It would be difficult to say no to a trade revolving around Rozier + future picks for the #4 pick.  The addition of a young Center to learn from Horford is the final piece of the long term puzzle. 

Offline mqtcelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 236
I'm going to go out on a limb and say the price would be *high* for either of these picks. As in much higher than Terry Rozier for the fourth or Kyrie for the first. They're probably willing to consider someone like KAT.

Offline td450

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 254
We do not want the first pick.

I don't see Ayton or Doncic on this team being worth the price or the disruption. We are killing teams with switchable, high energy defense and guys who can create and shoot at every position. That's the future of the NBA. Horford is the model for what we need. Jackson and Carter are the only two top guys that might fit the bill. Bamba cannot switch or shoot.

« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2018, 10:09:03 AM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823

This is a really interesting idea... Jackson or Carter; they seem like Ainge’s type of guys. Or I guess the front office might just stand pat and roll the dice with the sacto pick; if it’s good you get your player and keep your future assets plus a year of Rozier.

« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2018, 10:17:24 AM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 628
  • Mark Blount often got smoked

This is a really interesting idea... Jackson or Carter; they seem like Ainge’s type of guys. Or I guess the front office might just stand pat and roll the dice with the sacto pick; if it’s good you get your player and keep your future assets plus a year of Rozier.

I like Jackson Jr and Carter Jr a lot too. I will have a draft post in the coming weeks about big men.

They’d have to at least consider Rozier, #27 (something this year), Sac 19 (a very good draft asset) and their own 2019 pick. They might not pull the trigger, but that’s a deal that both sides can win.

If the Sac pick hits #1 or #2, they can win it handily.
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
This is just me but I think when they say they are "open to trading" the real meaning there is "We are open to people overbidding by a lot"