Author Topic: Anthony Davis trade proposal  (Read 6536 times)

Re: Anthony Davis trade proposal
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2018, 03:47:06 PM »

Offline sdceltsfan

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 45
If we were to trade for AD, makes more sense to wait for a lot of reasons.

1. Wait until we have Hayward back to have a missing key piece to the roster to make a legitimate push against any team in the league.

2. The value of any trade chips we would likely include all seem to be trending upwards. Tatum is flirting with "untradeable" status. If he continues on his trajectory, wins ROY, it could get to a point where a player like Tatum would be almost enough to fetch any available superstar, IE Davis, without having to include mich more.

Brown is a little further behind "untradeable," and at the moment, speculative trade proposals are Tatum/Brown AND picks??? I would cringe to have to give up any two of Brown/Tatum/LA pick for AD. At this point in time a trade offer of Brown and LA pick is not enough for NO to say yes, but by the time the draft comes along, with some luck and actually locking in say the #4 pick to have an actual name attached to the pick, NO might have to consider this, knowing AD might eventually leave or request a trade. Then Tatum stays here.

« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2018, 04:58:27 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Any Davis talks start with Tatum + Brown + Lakers pick.

That may be how NOP starts the discussion but Danny shoots that down. No way he gives up a 19 year old budding star. Not gonna happen. Brown, picks, sure. But not Tatum. I wouldn’t do it. And believe Danny wouldn’t either.

« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2018, 06:16:11 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Tatum is the future.... he is not going anywhere. By the way, AD is not worth Tatum, Brown, and the Laker pick.

« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2018, 09:38:56 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320
Anything but Tatum.

But I imagine Tatum will need to be included. He alone should bring back most of the value in an AD trade.

Tatum + contract filler for AD seems right.

« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2018, 10:04:31 AM »

Offline iadera

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
  • CroCeltics
No Tatum please.

« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2018, 10:16:54 AM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
Let me ask this, how good would Jayson Tatum have to eventually become for the Celtics to regret a trade for Anthony Davis?

Special considerations: Davis' injury history, Davis' inability to help his team win consistently, Tatum's guaranteed to be a Celtic for at least 7.5 more years, but Davis would only be guaranteed to be a Celtic for 3.5

« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2018, 02:16:42 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Anthony Davis with a monster night performance. 48 points and 17 rebounds. Are we sure we don't want this guy?

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2018, 02:25:02 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Anthony Davis with a monster night performance. 48 points and 17 rebounds. Are we sure we don't want this guy?

Of course we do.  But he's also the best asset in the league.  The ask would be huge, and it'd be tough to move Tatum or Brown with how great they've been so early on.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2018, 03:33:50 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990

Of course we do.  But he's also the best asset in the league.  The ask would be huge, and it'd be tough to move Tatum or Brown with how great they've been so early on.

I'd easily trade Brown in a package for Davis. Tatum is the guy to roll with in the long run!

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2018, 06:48:47 AM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741

This. Everybody wants Davis and that includes New Orleans, who isn't going to give him up for less than a gross overpay. Maybe things change in a year or two is Davis becomes disgruntled and his free agency gets closer, but as of now, Davis isn't going anywhere. I mean, in addition to his 48 and 16 last night he had 4 steals and 3 blocks.

BTW, Cousins' stat line last night: 15 points, 16 rebounds, 5 assists, 7 steals, and 3 blocks! And I still don't want the guy.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2018, 08:51:19 AM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
I would think Smart alone with some filler for salary reasons would be enough!! ;)

« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2018, 10:12:05 AM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
Let's spank AD and his Pels tomorrow night!

Love AD, but

1.not at what he will cost and

2. The fact that he is SO injury prone (esp. regarding his left knee, which ended two of his seasons prematurely and caused him to miss games early this year) makes this too big of a gamble, irrespective of his perfect fit.

Trading for what AD will cost is putting too many of our eggs in one basket. If he gets injured(which he will, it's just the severity and frequency which are in question), much of Danny's great work will be undone.

Say NO to AD.

« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2018, 11:35:16 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Let me ask this, how good would Jayson Tatum have to eventually become for the Celtics to regret a trade for Anthony Davis?

Special considerations: Davis' injury history, Davis' inability to help his team win consistently, Tatum's guaranteed to be a Celtic for at least 7.5 more years, but Davis would only be guaranteed to be a Celtic for 3.5
Well, he would have become almost as good as AD himself, and I think he will be if not better.

« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2018, 12:12:11 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 907
I would think Smart alone with some filler for salary reasons would be enough!! ;)

Maybe Smart, Jeff Green and a couple of seconds?

I know Jeff Green hasn't been on the team in years, but he was included in so many Celticsblog trade proposals when he was here that it just seems natural to throw him in.

Mike

« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2018, 12:32:50 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
These Anthony Davis trade ideas are getting so tired and irrelevant. Dude is playing great for the Pels, and they are finally looking like a play-off team. Why on earth would they even think of trading him?  Not gonna happen unless he makes a trade demand.  Last I heard, that's not happening. Now if they suddenly went south, or he made such a demand, then we can start making trade proposals. But until then, why don't we all give it a rest, and enjoy what we have.