Author Topic: Anthony Davis trade proposal  (Read 6545 times)

Re: Anthony Davis trade proposal
« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2018, 11:16:50 AM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 907
In ESPN's "eight big trades we want to see..."

http://www.espn.com/nba/insider/story/_/id/22338799/best-2018-nba-deadline-trades-want-see

76ers get: Anthony Davis

Pelicans get: Amir Johnson, Dario Saric, Markelle Fultz, the Lakers' 2018 first-round pick (No. 1, or Nos. 6-30) or the King's 2019 first-round pick

A) I don't see why on Earth New Orleans would do that
B) I don't see how on Earth the Celtics couldn't beat it.
C) Still trying to figure out how ESPN thinks that there is a chance that NO would do that trade...

Mike

« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2018, 11:18:22 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

http://www.espn.com/nba/insider/story/_/id/22338799/best-2018-nba-deadline-trades-want-see

Pelicans get: Amir Johnson, Dario Saric, Markelle Fultz, the Lakers' 2018 first-round pick (No. 1, or Nos. 6-30) or the King's 2019 first-round pick

C) Still trying to figure out how ESPN thinks that there is a chance that NO would do that trade...

Mike

They don't get paid to make intelligent articles and broadcasting fantastic point of views with eye-catching dialogue, I'll tell you that.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2018, 11:20:27 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

Mike
Don't we own that pick?
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #33 on: February 06, 2018, 11:26:19 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
It isn't a terrible trade (Saric and Fultz are high level young players and Amir is expiring, plus that pick is going to be pretty good), but I can't see NO trading Davis without multiple draft picks and dumping some poor contracts.  Philly though can easily sweeten that trade and still end up with a great team.  I mean just adding Hill and sending back Booker makes it a lot more appealing for NO, but Philly has a lot of other picks, including their own this summer to add and a bunch of other young players like Holmes, Luwawu-Cabarrot, McConnell, Anderson, and Korkmaz they can add.  They also have Bayless (who they could swap for Moore).  Lots of potential options and a lot more flexibility than Boston can offer (since Boston doesn't have a lot of easily tradeable contracts to take back bad NO contracts).
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2018, 11:27:04 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith

Mike
Don't we own that pick?
nope.  those are the reverse protections

« Reply #35 on: February 06, 2018, 11:30:13 AM »

Offline Fan from VT

• NCE
  • Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 777

Mike
Don't we own that pick?

We own the opposite of that pick.

« Reply #36 on: February 06, 2018, 11:33:44 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

Mike
Don't we own that pick?

So remind me, what are we getting if it doesn't convey?
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #37 on: February 06, 2018, 11:35:48 AM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527

Mike
Don't we own that pick?

So remind me, what are we getting if it doesn't convey?

Top 1 protected Kings 2019 1st, if Kings are #1 then C’s get Philly 2019 1st

« Reply #38 on: February 06, 2018, 12:12:56 PM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1649

Mike

Actually, I don't see why Philly would do that either.  Davis isn't the best fit for them.  Their three best players would be Simmons (who doesn't shoot from outside ten feet), Embiid (currently a bad three-point shooter) and Davis (a mediocre three-point shooter).  Have fun running an offense with that spacing. 

I think they'd be better off going after a wing who can open up the floor for them.  Paul George and Klay Thompson come to mind. 

« Reply #39 on: February 06, 2018, 01:17:02 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith

Mike

Actually, I don't see why Philly would do that either.  Davis isn't the best fit for them.  Their three best players would be Simmons (who doesn't shoot from outside ten feet), Embiid (currently a bad three-point shooter) and Davis (a mediocre three-point shooter).  Have fun running an offense with that spacing. 

I think they'd be better off going after a wing who can open up the floor for them.  Paul George and Klay Thompson come to mind.
I think they would be ok.  Davis shoots at 34.4% and while Embiid is bad, he does shot a fair amount.  Covington is good and Redick is great.  I think they would be ok spacing the floor because only Simmons doesn't really shoot them at all (I mean they are basically just swapping Davis for Saric in the lineup, which is a drop in 3 point shooting, but not a huge drop). 

« Reply #40 on: February 06, 2018, 04:46:04 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823

Mike

Yeah that was nuts. Fultz is a total unknown. He might shake whatever is bothering him or he might be an all-time bust. Amir and Saric have very limited value. The only “sure” thing is a high pick.

A better Cs offer would be Jaylen (a very good young 2-way player who’s actually shown all-star potential), the Lakers/King’s pick (about at good as the Sixers’ pick offer) plus filler (what Philly is offering). Even that’s too little for Davis.