Author Topic: Any Help with Garden seat info please?  (Read 4577 times)

Any Help with Garden seat info please?
« on: August 20, 2008, 11:50:42 PM »

Offline RudyVT

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 4
Anybody,
I have tickets in corner balcony 325 row 9.  The balcony has two sections, lower rows 1-7 and upper rows 8-15.
I have the option to move up one row to row 8 in section 326... However row 8 has a safety railing in front of you.  I'm thinking it's not much in the way, but I was wondering if anyone here has any experience sitting in this front row of the upper balcony (8-15 section).  Would you consider it obstructed, or is it completely out of the line of sight?
The 3D seat viewer doesn't get into this detail, and I was hoping for a first hand account.

Any advice, experience with this is appreciated. Thanks.

Re: Any Help with Garden seat info please?
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2008, 12:11:37 AM »

Offline FatKidsDad

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 114
Not a huge difference.  I'd go for 326.  The railing absolutely will not obstruct your view.  You'll be one row lower, and you'll be slightly more off-center so your view of the floor will be less obstructed by the backboard.  Having the safety rail in front of you also means that the row ahead of you is lower, so you won't be blocked by people in the lower row when they stand up.

One other consideration...is either seat near the aisle?  I'd take a one-row penalty to be on or near the aisle.

I'm on the opposite corner in 309.
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." - George S. Patton

"Live so that when your children think of fairness and integrity,they think of you." -   H. Jackson Brown, Jr.

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2008, 07:37:42 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
Anybody,
I have tickets in corner balcony 325 row 9.  The balcony has two sections, lower rows 1-7 and upper rows 8-15.
I have the option to move up one row to row 8 in section 326... However row 8 has a safety railing in front of you.  I'm thinking it's not much in the way, but I was wondering if anyone here has any experience sitting in this front row of the upper balcony (8-15 section).  Would you consider it obstructed, or is it completely out of the line of sight?
The 3D seat viewer doesn't get into this detail, and I was hoping for a first hand account.

Any advice, experience with this is appreciated. Thanks.

The safety railing isn't an obstruction at all.  In fact, it is a major benefit, because it means there is no one sitting directly in front of you, and it provides extra leg room.  Those are prime seats, you should definitely move up.

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2008, 09:51:15 AM »

Offline Fox40Kid

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 37
  • "This is beautiful. What is that? Velvet?"
Section 326 also puts you closer to center court, so you will have a better angle to watch the games.  I also sit in the balcony and to move closer to the center is always a plus.

Also have to agree with Chris.  More leg room with the railings and no one standing up in front of you during the game.
"Coach you were 24 and 58 last year, why the playoff talk?"
"Well we made a couple of key trades . . . and we got The Funk."

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2008, 09:53:59 AM »

Offline RudyVT

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 4
Thanks a lot guys.

Yes the 325 section is an aisle bordering 326, so not bad at all.
The 326 section seating is 2/3rds of the way into row 8.

However, 325 seats are half season and the option for 326 is a full season option...

So I was pretty much set on taking the full (opening night and all...)

Anyways, TP to both of you.  This makes me a lot more comfortable with my choice!

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2008, 09:58:01 AM »

Offline Fox40Kid

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 37
  • "This is beautiful. What is that? Velvet?"
Thanks for the TP, my first!

Plus with the full season you get all the play-off games.

I am a half-season holder, so I get hit or miss with the play-offs.
"Coach you were 24 and 58 last year, why the playoff talk?"
"Well we made a couple of key trades . . . and we got The Funk."

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2008, 11:03:42 AM »

Offline FatKidsDad

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 114
Seems like the right choice to me, especially if you want the full season.  These days, it's never a problem to unload any tickets you can't use! ;D

The 326 section seating is 2/3rds of the way into row 8.

Remember, 2/3 of the way in is only 1/3 if you enter from the 327 end.
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." - George S. Patton

"Live so that when your children think of fairness and integrity,they think of you." -   H. Jackson Brown, Jr.