Author Topic: Celtics draft workouts thread  (Read 144659 times)

Re: Celtics draft workouts thread
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2016, 12:41:09 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Jalen Moore, Utah State - May 7th

http://www.sltrib.com/sports/3837016-155/utah-jazz-utah-states-jalen-moore

Thanks, TP

Also updated with another workout scheduled

TP for maintaining this.  Also, a suggestion: the list of names might get quite long.  It might make it easier at the top to just have workout dates and the players beneath them, and leave the documentation in the thread, so that people can easily reference at the beginning of the thread.

« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2016, 12:44:23 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
Jalen Moore, Utah State - May 7th

http://www.sltrib.com/sports/3837016-155/utah-jazz-utah-states-jalen-moore

Thanks, TP

Also updated with another workout scheduled

TP for maintaining this.  Also, a suggestion: the list of names might get quite long.  It might make it easier at the top to just have workout dates and the players beneath them, and leave the documentation in the thread, so that people can easily reference at the beginning of the thread.

That's a good idea, thanks. I'm on my phone now but when I get home on my computer I'll fix it up a bit.
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2016, 01:14:00 PM »

Offline mmmmm

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 862
Peter Jok looks to be testing out interest but from what I've read seems likely to return to Iowa for another year.

NBA Officiating - Corrupt?  Incompetent?  Which is worse?  Does it matter?  It sucks.

« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2016, 01:24:48 PM »

Offline mmmmm

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 862
So all three of these early-look players are in the SG/SF scoring wing mold.  All three have decent outside shots.

Blossomgame looks the most versatile and developed offensively, which both inside and outside scoring skills.  And a very good rebounder.

Jalen Moore looks like a good shooter, but looks like he needs someone to facilitate his shots.  But he has awesome hair.   How could you not want that on the team?  Love it!    Perfect fit in with Jae, Kelly, Marcus & Sully's 'dos.
NBA Officiating - Corrupt?  Incompetent?  Which is worse?  Does it matter?  It sucks.

« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2016, 01:30:21 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
Adam Zagoria:

Former Stony Brook big man @Fullcoursemeelz Jameel Warney works out for the Celtics Wednesday and the Bucks May 18th, he tells @SNYtv
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2016, 06:29:05 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
Just wanted to give a heads up, I decided to make a table on google docs, this way itll be easier for me to post updates and easier to read too. Whenever I add new names to the doc, ill make a post letting you guys know I've updated it.

The doc is on the first post.

« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2016, 05:45:53 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
Update: it appears Isaiah Miles (Saint Joseph's) could be in Boston for a workout:

Isaiah Miles talks w/ @LesleyCBS3 at 5 pm about his invites to the NBA Combine & team workouts. He's in Boston today

The link to the source is in the updated Google doc on the first page.

Also, Alec Peters (Valparaiso) will be working out on Friday. Also on the doc

« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2016, 05:53:37 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
Also some cool tidbits here: http://www.csnne.com/boston-celtics/celtics-begin-working-out-draft-prospects-wednesday

No names are mentioned but we could see close to 100 players working out!!

« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2016, 06:05:43 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
My guess is that given the plethora of picks the Celtics have and the fact they are scattered all across both rounds of the draft, that the Celtics might be working out just about every singe one of the top 60 prospects in the draft.

This could be a long thread!

Absolutely, they should be working out everyone who has a chance of being drafted.  It's really going to test their scouting team.

Just a thought, how difficult is it to trade a 2nd round pick for a future 2nd round pick? That seems to be the best course of action as the Celtics have way too many 2nd rounders. I would think it would be easy kind of like it's not difficult for an NFL team to trade a current year's 5th, 4th, 3rd for a future 4th, 3rd, 2nd.  In basketball, just give us a future 2nd for a current 2nd as we have too many picks and a current pick should help your current GM.

« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2016, 06:13:43 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Thankful for this thread, it is a good idea.

« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2016, 06:40:11 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
This can be a place where we post updates about who is doing draft workouts for us.

Edit: I decided to put all updates on this google docs page. I think this way its the most clear way to make it work.

https://goo.gl/rmkblk

Awesome idea to put it in a docs format. TP!

« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2016, 07:57:48 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
Last year I did this post by updating the first post it made for an easy to read list

Scratch the above good idea with the google doc
« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 08:04:29 PM by CFAN38 »
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2016, 08:02:27 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
Last year I did this post by updating the first post it made for an easy to read list

I was planning on doing that actually, but given the sheet amount of players we are gonna workout, i felt it would be an incredibly long first post. If there is more support for it, though, i can definitely try doing both ways

« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2016, 08:17:49 PM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17
I think it would also be good to note if players have follow-up workouts. From my memory I believe Rozier had more than one. It can possibly indicate who Danny is high on

« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2016, 08:35:32 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
One early observation this first group is full of shooter with the exception of Warney
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet