Author Topic: Scottie Pippen has lost his mind (Lebron > MJ?)  (Read 26998 times)

Re: Scottie Pippen has lost his mind (Lebron > MJ?)
« Reply #60 on: May 27, 2011, 04:51:01 PM »

Offline JoT

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 84
What he said could or maybe true, but the timing was all wrong. You do not sit there and say a player was better than the player who built that house AFTER that opposing player beat your team in a heartbreaking manner. He sounds like a player who was throwing shade and started a discussion that is hard to agree upon.

Michael Jordan is almost like Michael Jackson in which when the name comes up and you say so and so is better, it starts a whole debate that can get ugly.
Jordan is a touchy subject and to say someone is better than him can become touchy not to only Bulls fans, but to people who grew up knowing Jordan and look up to him as the player.

Personally I won't compare them since they played in different eras and played with different rules and different players. The teams and players Michael went through were completely different than the teams of today in the East that LeBron went through and overall the players in which Jordan played against were completely different than LeBron's competition of today. They both are the best of their time and while one is in the HOF another will be going in too first ballot no doubt. I just won't compare the two.

« Reply #61 on: May 27, 2011, 05:00:01 PM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 127
Blasphemy...pure blasphemy on Scottie's behalf.

This is what happens when you are the greatest basketball player to ever play the game, but one of the most selfish jerks to ever play the game. His teammates all hated him. He was horrid to be around and one of the most egotistical “me first” players ever in the locker room. With what they did together if Jordan had even been REMOTELY a decent guy Pippen would have fought for him to his grave. You get what you deserve MJ. Just like Tiger Woods, your secrets have come out and you aren’t the squeaky clean image you and Nike tried to portray. That being said, you were the best on the court of all time...

« Reply #62 on: May 27, 2011, 05:02:57 PM »

Offline Steve Weinman

• Author / Moderator
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 33
  • My alter ego
He's disqualified as long as he's in Miami with the current roster. The greatest of all time should be able to elevate his team to greatness. They don't have to join forces with another player who is separated by a hair in the skill dept just to have shot a multiple titles.
He is good at what he does, I won't deny that. Pippen is obviously jealous.

Right, because Jordan didn't play with one of the greatest players in the history of the game alongside him for each of his six championships, and his team didn't acquire the league's all-time leader in rebound rate for the second three-peat - who then proceeded to be the league's best rebounder for each of his three seasons in town.

On second thought, that's exactly what happened.

Come on.

-sw

Reggies Ghost: Where artistic genius happens.  Thank you, sir.

« Reply #63 on: May 27, 2011, 05:06:25 PM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288
Michael played at a higher pace, his teams usually had 5-10 more possessions per game (depends on the year). If you pace adjust their numbers are very even.

The question is does LeBron sustain this?
That in an era where rules were a lot less wing friendly. And that is including Jordan over 30.

It's funny because maybe it is too difficult to compare these era's. I mean THE RULES TODAY ARE BUILT FOR LEBRON JAMES. No handchecking, defensive 3 seconds, having to be outside the circle with feet set to take a charge.

Why don't they just have a rule for Dwight Howard where the defensive player isn't allowed to have there forearm on him while he's backing in?

« Reply #64 on: May 27, 2011, 05:08:32 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
Put down the pipe Scottie. lol

« Reply #65 on: May 27, 2011, 05:31:49 PM »

Offline greenpride32

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 82
MJ dominiated with skill.  LBJ dominates with athleticism.  I'm fairly certain LBJ is on performance enhancers.  He shows all the tell tale signs; jaw and forehead growth, receeding hairline, growth in jaw that had to be removed, unnatural weight/muscle gain.  Now LBJ is still a very talented player; all the PED's in the world won't give you talent.  But when you take a talented player and give him more jump, more speed, more endurance, there won't be any match for them.

I see this comparision like comparing Mark McGwire or Barry Bonds to Reggie Jackson or Mike Schmidt. 

LBJ isn't a freak of nature, he's a freak of science.

« Reply #66 on: May 27, 2011, 06:14:52 PM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
MJ dominiated with skill.  LBJ dominates with athleticism.  I'm fairly certain LBJ is on performance enhancers.  He shows all the tell tale signs; jaw and forehead growth, receeding hairline, growth in jaw that had to be removed, unnatural weight/muscle gain.  Now LBJ is still a very talented player; all the PED's in the world won't give you talent.  But when you take a talented player and give him more jump, more speed, more endurance, there won't be any match for them.

I see this comparision like comparing Mark McGwire or Barry Bonds to Reggie Jackson or Mike Schmidt. 

Best post all day. TP.

« Reply #67 on: May 27, 2011, 06:23:13 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Scottie is an idiot.

« Reply #68 on: May 27, 2011, 06:34:21 PM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
Two quick things:

1) Michael Jordan never won a championship and was viewed as a largely style-but-no-substance sort of player until the age of 27 when he won his first title.  LeBron is 27 this year.  

2) I really feel Jordan played in the weakest era of NBA basketball ever.  Expansion and players coming out of college very early really watered down the NBA talent (it's since had a chance to catch up a bit).  Furthermore, unlike Larry who had Magic or Russell who had Wilt, Jordan never really had a great player to challenge him every year.  Sure, some would say Hakeem was that player, but Hakeem never once made it to the NBA Finals when Jordan was there.  And really, if you think of your top 10 or so NBA players of all time, no one was in his prime when Jordan was, giving him a relatively easy path to the title every year.  

My point?  While I hate LeBron and certainly hope this never happens, it is quite possible that some day we may be looking back and scoffing at the notion that anyone ever compared Michael Jordan to LeBron James.  
« Last Edit: May 27, 2011, 06:43:13 PM by Jon »

« Reply #69 on: May 27, 2011, 07:36:02 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
You know what I think? LeBron doesn't really care about as much about winning as much as he does about being the best player on the floor at any given time. Take last night for instance, he wasn't even trying when Wade wasn't on the floor, Chi was beating them by like 10+... Wade comes in and starts going for it and starts the charge on them coming back ONLY THEN did LeBron start to play to his ability (try). That has been lost on the many games I have seen LeBron play. He is a lazy player but will turn it on if someone is starting to shine over him. Jordan wanted and tried to beat you everytime he went out there. People may think my opinion is crazy but go and watch these series again, LeBron literally will not try until one of his teammates or another teams star starts to do something that outshines him. So, yes he is great but I don't think his mindset is half as good as MJ's was (ugh, I hated MJ). LeBron= very good player but lazy! If he goes max more often he probably would have a chip by now. I also don't think he is a great leader either but I don't wanna get into that b/c people will talk about how he lead teams full of scrubs... which I think is exagerrated.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #70 on: May 27, 2011, 07:45:08 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704
Michael played at a higher pace, his teams usually had 5-10 more possessions per game (depends on the year). If you pace adjust their numbers are very even.

The question is does LeBron sustain this?
That in an era where rules were a lot less wing friendly. And that is including Jordan over 30.

It's funny because maybe it is too difficult to compare these era's. I mean THE RULES TODAY ARE BUILT FOR LEBRON JAMES. No handchecking, defensive 3 seconds, having to be outside the circle with feet set to take a charge.

Why don't they just have a rule for Dwight Howard where the defensive player isn't allowed to have there forearm on him while he's backing in?

Jeff Van Gundy? Is that really you? Preach on, my bald brother.

« Reply #71 on: May 27, 2011, 08:06:04 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
MJ dominiated with skill.  LBJ dominates with athleticism.  I'm fairly certain LBJ is on performance enhancers.  He shows all the tell tale signs; jaw and forehead growth, receeding hairline, growth in jaw that had to be removed, unnatural weight/muscle gain.  Now LBJ is still a very talented player; all the PED's in the world won't give you talent.  But when you take a talented player and give him more jump, more speed, more endurance, there won't be any match for them.

This is something I have believed for quite some time, and posted about it a couple of years ago, (and it wasn't received very positively). He is absolutely the perfect example of unnatural growth supported by PEDs, and I would bet 100-to-1 that he has been on them or is now. I think it every time I see him and it's just one more thing that rubs me raw about the guy, (like the stupid wink after the flop last night).

If more people knew how incredibly dangerous all steriods are, especially anabolics, the repercussions would be much more drastic. Anabolics were made Schedule II Drugs back in the early 90's, (for very good reason), and since then the case evidence against them has increased ten-fold. The NBA needs to catch up with the rest of sports on control of the usage among it's players, which, acording to players like Derrick Rose, is "huge and widespread".

LeBron is a great player, no doubt, but I'd love to test his blood. He will never ever be the player Jordan was, and I will wish and pray for his quest for a ring to fail for as long as he plays the game. That's one Bandwagon I will never get on. Scottie is not the brightest bulb in the box, and this was not one of his more profound statements, that's for sure. :P
« Last Edit: May 27, 2011, 08:19:56 PM by Bahku »
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #72 on: May 27, 2011, 08:12:39 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Bron is the chosen one.  It took a while, but I think he'll finally get his first title this year.  I use to hate Jordan when he first started winning titles too... I saw him as the enemy when the aging Celtics were still mildly relevant.  By the time Jordan made his first come back... I had to side with the masses.  I loved the guy... how could you not respect him?  By then the Celtics were a joke anyways.

This mirrors that.  That's why I'm rooting for the Heat.  Why fight the inevitable?  Celtics are pretty much irrelevant now... time to embrace the chosen one's destiny.  LeBron James is the greatest player alive and I support his quest for title #1.

« Reply #73 on: May 27, 2011, 08:31:57 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5350
  • Thumper of the BASS!
the chosen one..?

giving that man that title makes me afraid of u..

« Reply #74 on: May 27, 2011, 08:40:01 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5350
  • Thumper of the BASS!
You know what I think? LeBron doesn't really care about as much about winning as much as he does about being the best player on the floor at any given time. Take last night for instance, he wasn't even trying when Wade wasn't on the floor, Chi was beating them by like 10+... Wade comes in and starts going for it and starts the charge on them coming back ONLY THEN did LeBron start to play to his ability (try). That has been lost on the many games I have seen LeBron play. He is a lazy player but will turn it on if someone is starting to shine over him. Jordan wanted and tried to beat you everytime he went out there. People may think my opinion is crazy but go and watch these series again, LeBron literally will not try until one of his teammates or another teams star starts to do something that outshines him. So, yes he is great but I don't think his mindset is half as good as MJ's was (ugh, I hated MJ). LeBron= very good player but lazy! If he goes max more often he probably would have a chip by now. I also don't think he is a great leader either but I don't wanna get into that b/c people will talk about how he lead teams full of scrubs... which I think is exagerrated.

i really i enjoyed that read..

maybe we can discuss this topic more with candle lights and a 40oz