Author Topic: "Division Collision"  (Read 5161 times)

"Division Collision"
« on: June 30, 2008, 12:35:46 PM »

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 233
  • Let's Go Celtics
Wow, what a corny name being used for this Sox/Ray series by NESN.

Anyways, I'm off to work so I figured I'd throw this topic up and read your thoughts when I come back and tonight's game will be under way.

This is the beginning of a big week for the Sox, Rays and Yankees both on the road.  Enough of this interleague stuff, let's play some AL East baseball.

Which one of these teams are you more concerned about coming down the strech?

Would you rather see the Sox get another starter or a stopper in the bullpen?

What does this team need to do to get better away from Fenway?

Will there be anymore fallout from the Coco fight against the Rays?

Does anyone still care or are we all still euphoric about the championship season we just witnessed and can't find ourselves able to watch a complete baseball game yet because it's so boring comparably? 

I think that about covers my questions, have a nice day everyone. 
"Take this down," said O'Neal. "My name is Shaquille O'Neal and Paul Pierce is the (expletive) truth. Quote me on that and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."

Re: "Division Collision"
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2008, 12:54:28 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
I think its clear that the sox rotation is fine as it is.  They are one of the best staffs in baseball especially when you consider, colon and buccholtz aren't there right now.  I would like to see them get some help in the bullpen cause it is clear that okajima can not get the job done as is.  I like delcarmen alot, they also got some good releivers coming up in double A so who knows.  Im more worried about the rays at this point, their hitting is better as well as their pitching, and the yankees just cant get it together. 
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

Re: "Division Collision"
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2008, 12:56:34 PM »

Offline Nerf MVP

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 103

Which one of these teams are you more concerned about coming down the strech?

Would you rather see the Sox get another starter or a stopper in the bullpen?

What does this team need to do to get better away from Fenway?

Will there be anymore fallout from the Coco fight against the Rays?

Does anyone still care or are we all still euphoric about the championship season we just witnessed and can't find ourselves able to watch a complete baseball game yet because it's so boring comparably? 

I think that about covers my questions, have a nice day everyone. 

I think the Sox will win the division without even having to make a significant trade. Buchholz could come back and contribute(in a major way) right now, but they've been keeping him down in Pawtucket for a while now for the sake of keeping his innings down. When he comes back, I think they'll throw Masterson in the pen.

I'm also anticipating Chris Carter being called up and stepping into the  DH spot soon enough, and possibly for the rest of the season should Ortiz not be able to come back.

As for fallout from the Coco fight, I think it's inevitable. You know it's on everyone's mind, and Paps's comments certainly didn't do anything to defuse the situation. Personally, I don't want to see another fight and face more suspensions/possible injuries.