Poll

Would you trade Brown + White + #1 for Durant?

Yes
13 (28.9%)
No
32 (71.1%)

Total Members Voted: 45

Author Topic: New Celtics / Durant rumor  (Read 60327 times)

Re: New Celtics / Durant rumor
« Reply #585 on: August 17, 2022, 10:06:13 AM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 868
With the start of training camp just six weeks away, league sources continue to insist that the Celtics are not close to a deal that would bring Kevin Durant to Boston, and that there have not even been any real discussions of substance. – via Boston Globe

It has been my feeling all along that these reports of "talks" or "offers on the table" between BOS and BKN have been overblown.  Reports from the Globe or anyone else don't seem all that credible.  "Sources" are telling they Globe what they want to Globe to report, not necessarily what really happened.  At the start, the Nets wanted it to seem like Boston was making offers so other teams would up their offers.  Now the Celtics are trying to tamp it down.

I suspect that what the Globe is saying now is probably closer to the truth but who knows.  I don't think anyone, including the Celtics, was ever going to offer enough that the Nets would actually trade Durant.  The Nets probably now realize this and are trying to figure out how best to patch things up so they can start the season.

« Reply #586 on: August 17, 2022, 10:28:48 AM »

Online footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Twitter said KD just bought Tom Brady mansion near Boston. Is this true? Has this been reported credibly??

« Reply #587 on: August 17, 2022, 10:54:01 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998
Twitter said KD just bought Tom Brady mansion near Boston. Is this true? Has this been reported credibly??

Not sure but if he did then wow  :o

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #588 on: August 17, 2022, 10:54:05 AM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141

Yeah. I just saw that.

If you look it up, James Kittler bought it in '20 or '21.
So it may not be legit.

« Reply #589 on: August 17, 2022, 10:54:59 AM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166

Simon Charles has the tweet.

https://twitter.com/S_CharlesNFL/status/1559576072211030016?s=20&t=qYNEOvM5ZZfPatUydn2ntg

Not sure, been burned in the past jumping on tweets, just thought I'd put it here, but looks like a legit writer for the Globe.
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #590 on: August 17, 2022, 11:09:03 AM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley

https://twitter.com/S_CharlesNFL/status/1559576072211030016?s=20&t=qYNEOvM5ZZfPatUydn2ntg

Not sure, been burned in the past jumping on tweets, just thought I'd put it here, but looks like a legit writer for the Globe.

The twitter post was yesterday so not even that recent in terms of twitter news.  I read through some of the replies and many said that the house pictured is not even the one that Brady used to own, rather it was owned by someone who was an owner of Reebok.

I am not going to buy into this.

« Reply #591 on: August 17, 2022, 11:16:45 AM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2523

Either the home purchase isn't true or KD is being traded to the Celtics.  Putting the world in the exact same place it was prior to this rumor. 

« Reply #592 on: August 17, 2022, 11:23:46 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

The twitter post was yesterday so not even that recent in terms of twitter news.  I read through some of the replies and many said that the house pictured is not even the one that Brady used to own, rather it was owned by someone who was an owner of Reebok.

I am not going to buy into this.

Yeah, that's not the former Brady residence.

http://realestate.boston.com/buying/2020/08/27/reebok-manor-sold/

If Durant or anybody else got it for $13 million, that seems like a decent price since it just sold for $23 million two years ago.  Brady's home is nearby, and sold in 2020 for around $32 million.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #593 on: August 17, 2022, 11:31:28 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
With the start of training camp just six weeks away, league sources continue to insist that the Celtics are not close to a deal that would bring Kevin Durant to Boston, and that there have not even been any real discussions of substance. – via Boston Globe

It has been my feeling all along that these reports of "talks" or "offers on the table" between BOS and BKN have been overblown.  Reports from the Globe or anyone else don't seem all that credible.  "Sources" are telling they Globe what they want to Globe to report, not necessarily what really happened.  At the start, the Nets wanted it to seem like Boston was making offers so other teams would up their offers.  Now the Celtics are trying to tamp it down.

I suspect that what the Globe is saying now is probably closer to the truth but who knows.  I don't think anyone, including the Celtics, was ever going to offer enough that the Nets would actually trade Durant.  The Nets probably now realize this and are trying to figure out how best to patch things up so they can start the season.

Yep.  While I tend to mostly trust Woj and Shams, almost all of this is agenda-driven and/or the media looking for clicks.

Case in point, I saw this headline on Yahoo:  "Report: Celtics have halted trade talks for Nets’ Kevin Durant"

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-celtics-halted-trade-talks-141744779.html

It's just a regurgitation of the Globe's article, which obviously said no such thing.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #594 on: August 17, 2022, 11:39:38 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1547
I think camp will start, Durant won't report, and the Nets will lower what they want and he will be traded.  No idea if that is Boston, New Orleans, or some other team, but I'd be surprised if Durant was still on the Nets for the start of the season.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #595 on: August 17, 2022, 12:49:06 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969

Yep.  While I tend to mostly trust Woj and Shams, almost all of this is agenda-driven and/or the media looking for clicks.

Case in point, I saw this headline on Yahoo:  "Report: Celtics have halted trade talks for Nets’ Kevin Durant"

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-celtics-halted-trade-talks-141744779.html

It's just a regurgitation of the Globe's article, which obviously said no such thing.

Good …if it just junk. , Nets don’t want to hear it , so far Celtics are about the only team they can get any young player of Jaylens value .  Seem nobody wants to part their young players . Seems his diva ness may have hurt his stock with GM s .  ….maybe Nets would include picks wWIth KD to entice suitors to trade ……or they can just let him sit out or take a few older players

Maybe ….Celtics should be the team asking for draft pick back ……I’d sure put the word out on the street , no interest , too expensive .  Make the Nets  sweat. A bit longer , maybe till mid season. ..lol

« Reply #596 on: August 17, 2022, 12:50:02 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3176
« Last Edit: August 17, 2022, 12:56:03 PM by liam »

« Reply #597 on: August 17, 2022, 12:54:43 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
The Pels are not willing to give Igram up for KD.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/another-report-pelicans-unwilling-put-215023859.html

Unless I have it in writing , he is staying ,  then I’m not trusting him or Irving …Nets can include picks unless they can get him to sign a no “ no quitter agreement …lol “

Picks for Jaylen and throW in Durant  as secondary asset . ….he can not keep his word …..his word is no good .  Why pay 148 million for a human skunk.

« Reply #598 on: August 17, 2022, 12:59:27 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/another-report-pelicans-unwilling-put-215023859.html

That seems to be the party line out of NOP but it doesn't make sense to me.  I don't want to trade Brown for Durant but I think Brown is better than Ingram, close, but better.  I also think that with NOP having McCollum, it becomes more of a veteran team with Durant.

If I was NOP, I would definitely make a run with Durant, McCollum, Williamson and whatever.  I don't see them even sniffing a title with Ingram, Williamson, and McCollum.  And their window may be really short due to the age of McCollum and the durability of Williamson.

I would not be real surprised if the real issue for NOP was more the 4 picks or whatever else that BKN may want and less about Ingram.

« Reply #599 on: August 17, 2022, 01:03:52 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1547

That seems to be the party line out of NOP but it doesn't make sense to me.  I don't want to trade Brown for Durant but I think Brown is better than Ingram, close, but better.  I also think that with NOP having McCollum, it becomes more of a veteran team with Durant.

If I was NOP, I would definitely make a run with Durant, McCollum, Williamson and whatever.  I don't see them even sniffing a title with Ingram, Williamson, and McCollum.  And their window may be really short due to the age of McCollum and the durability of Williamson.

I would not be real surprised if the real issue for NOP was more the 4 picks or whatever else that BKN may want and less about Ingram.
They will absolutely trade Ingram for Durant, they just don't want to say that until Brooklyn has a more reasonable ask. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip