Author Topic: NBA Season 2016-2017  (Read 349895 times)

NBA Season 2016-2017
« on: October 24, 2016, 11:43:43 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
Talk about other teams here!

Re: NBA Season 2016-2017
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2016, 12:08:28 AM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
thoughts on the Pacers? a lot of the projections and experts aren't that high on them, i think they can challenge for the 2 seed
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2016, 12:14:55 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
Who's going to be some League Pass teams to watch this year?

Minny should be a pretty fun one to watch, and of course we'll all be watching the Nets pretty much every night. OKC and Westbrook should be another good one.

Who else should I keep on my radar?

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2016, 02:50:42 AM »

Offline ayer

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 1065
I want to see also how the raptors do with out Biyombo. especially play off time.

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2016, 09:08:43 AM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
I prefer watching the young talent develop so I'm interested in the Sixers, Lakers and TWolves.  Be interesting to see if Thibs can turn the TWolves into reasonably good defensive team.  Also interested  to see how the Bucks look with the Greek Freak operating as point forward. 

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2016, 10:04:42 AM »

Online Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
thoughts on the Pacers? a lot of the projections and experts aren't that high on them, i think they can challenge for the 2 seed
Overrated, IMO.  Paul George is great, Jeff Teague is pretty good, but Al Jefferson is a throwback center and might not even start.  I like Myles Turner.  Still don't think they are as good as ATL, TOR or BOS.  I put them at 5th seed in the East.

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2016, 10:19:36 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
As a minimum, I expect them to be in contention for the third seed together with Atlanta.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2016, 10:23:48 AM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
As a minimum, I expect them to be in contention for the third seed together with Atlanta.

Yeah, I think they're a top 4 team in the East if healthy.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2016, 10:25:03 AM »

Offline Enzzo

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 16

Minny should be a pretty fun one to watch, and of course we'll all be watching the Nets pretty much every night. OKC and Westbrook should be another good one.

Speaking of league pass, can anyone share their experience with it?

I was thinking about getting it but I've heard nothing but horrible things regarding it.

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2016, 10:38:51 AM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
I'll be happy with OKC contending for a mid seed (4-6) and a competitive playoff series or two. I'll be disappointed with less than that, but ultimately, I don't really care since I know they're not winning the title this year.

I don't expect the Knicks to make the playoffs, but I'll feel like they'll be more interesting to watch than they've been the past few years. The Nets are going to be awful but infinitely more entertaining -- I've probably watched less than 10 Nets games in the past two seasons when they weren't going against the Knicks or the Thunder.

« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2016, 09:11:50 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
Man Rose looks old out there.......

« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2016, 09:37:04 PM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17

I was thinking about getting it but I've heard nothing but horrible things regarding it.
Blackouts suck, me being a cord cutter, I have none of the local channels such as yes, and msg. I end up missing 8 games a season due to blackouts
You also need to have good internet to have good quality games.
Overall LP is fine, they might have upgraded the functionality of it over the summer alongside the website, I have yet to purchase it though.

« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2016, 09:39:33 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 238
Watching the Knicks and Cleveland this makes me happy to be a celtics fan. This is such a boring game.   So much isolation, ball watching, bad shot selection and ball hogging going on.  Lebrons ego just got bigger though.

« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2016, 09:40:19 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906

If you like watching basketball, it's definitely worth the $200. During the season, I'd be watching some sort of basketball every night.

I *highly* prefer the tv package deal rather than Broadband. I have ordered it through Verizon FIOS in the past three years, and this is the first year I've had any issues with anything, though it's mainly them not airing preseason games. I ordered it through  Dish Network previously, and it worked well.

It also depends on where you live and what blackout restrictions you have. I'm technically in the Cleveland blackout restricted area, but I haven't actually been blacked out the last two years. If you live in the Northeast near Boston and that's who you really want to watch, then you should go with their local channels to watch the C's to avoid the blackouts.

EDIT: As Denis998 said above, you have to have pretty  fast internet to watch it through NBALP Broadband. I don't generally have a problem with 50 mbps, but it does lag at times if there are several other devices being used while I'm watching the game.

« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2016, 09:48:08 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386

Cavs left Lebron and love in 4th to really run up the score and have Lebron get a triple double. Seems a bit weird for a long season with much bigger goals.

If you like watching basketball, it's definitely worth the $200. During the season, I'd be watching some sort of basketball every night.

I *highly* prefer the tv package deal rather than Broadband. I have ordered it through Verizon FIOS in the past three years, and this is the first year I've had any issues with anything, though it's mainly them not airing preseason games. I ordered it through  Dish Network previously, and it worked well.

It also depends on where you live and what blackout restrictions you have. I'm technically in the Cleveland blackout restricted area, but I haven't actually been blacked out the last two years. If you live in the Northeast near Boston and that's who you really want to watch, then you should go with their local channels to watch the C's to avoid the blackouts.

EDIT: As Denis998 said above, you have to have pretty  fast internet to watch it through NBALP Broadband. I don't generally have a problem with 50 mbps, but it does lag at times if there are several other devices being used while I'm watching the game.