Author Topic: Is it time to even start worrying about the Atlantic Division?  (Read 1135 times)

Is it time to even start worrying about the Atlantic Division?
« on: February 01, 2010, 12:18:04 PM »

Offline mahonedog88

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 119
Don't look now but the Raptors are only 4.5 games behind us.  Let's face it, a number 1 seed isn't happening.  But the fact that another team is even in our rearview mirror worries me.

I know we still own the Raptors, but we alone can't do it all.  Other teams have to help us out.  Problem is, they've been playing pretty [dang] well against the rest of the league.

Re: Is it time to even start worrying about the Atlantic Division?
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2010, 12:30:20 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
You know what, if we end up as the 4th or 5th seed and the Raps are the 4th or 5th, then I say great.

We can beat the Raptors easily in a 7 game series even with our current roster.  We owned them twice when we weren't at full strength.

If we were matched up with the Raps in the first round I think that would give us the best chance of at least making the second round.  Then we'd face Cleveland - but at least it's not Atlanta. 

Staying at the 4th or 5th seed would guarantee we don't face the Hawks till the ECF, and have a solid chance of making it to the 2nd round.  At this point, that sounds pretty good to me.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2010, 12:53:37 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
Well Turkoglu just suffered a fracture to his face in last night game, so he may be out for a while unless he can play with it wearing a face mask? I don't really worry about Toronto they are not nearly deep enough to beat the C's.

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2010, 12:58:03 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2412
No -- only way this becomes an issue is if the Celtics suffer more injuries to key players.