Author Topic: Quisy: Bugs Bunny of Basketball  (Read 1396 times)

Quisy: Bugs Bunny of Basketball
« on: January 31, 2010, 07:28:55 PM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257
No doubt that Marquis' return will improve the team, if only because he would be a wing player that Doc would trust off the bench in the 2nd half of a close game, unlike TA, despite his great performance tonight against LA in the first half.

We are defintely missing him:  his ball handling, quickness, wing defense....

Though it seems that the longer Daniels is out, the better he seems to get.  He'a good, versatile player, but I don't think he's played enough with us to make much of a judgement of what he'll give in the crunch.  How many games has he played deep in the playoffs?  Yet, the way he is talked about sometimes, if I didn't know better, I'd swear he was a lock for all-NBA second team, HOF, something.  He's like the basketball version of Bugs Bunny, playing all positions:  backing up both Rondo as a playmaker and Pierce as a scorer, even though his range is limited; he can do the impossible.

Please, fellow fans, I implore you: let's be honest.  He's got a good handle, but he's no PG.  He doesn't have much range on the jumper.  Kevin Gamble was a much better scorer than Quisy is.  He is a good player that will help us, but he will not be the answer to all of the questions that persist about this team.

Heck of a game today, though...