Celtics Basketball > Celtics Talk

Would you take Romeo Langford if he fell to us?

(1/4) > >>

perks-a-beast:
Langford was considered a lock as a top 5 pick before the season began, but struggled mightily shooting the ball. Would you take a chance on him given his big upside?

I think I would. Despite his flaws, I think he’s still a top 3-5 scorer in this years class, and will probably be the best player available if he falls to the Celtics at 14. Keep in mind that guys like Khris Middleton and Buddy Hield struggled to shoot the ball early on in their collegian careers, a good indicator that Langford’s jumper is far from a finished product.

Right now he’s drawing comparisons to Evan Turner, who happened to flourish in Brad Stevens system. Personally, I see his speed and natural scoring ability as far superior to Turners. I’d say he reminds me more of Tyreke Evans with a higher ceiling.

droopdog7:
He appears to be in the general vicinity of our first pick so sure, why not?

PhoSita:
Certainly sounds like an Ainge pick.  Physical tools and confidence are there, jumpshot isn't, highly regarded talent that didn't quite live up to the hype in one year of college.

Yep, that's a good guess for an Ainge pick.

GreenShooter:
I wouldn't take him at 14. No. He struggled too much this season, especially down the stretch. Very inconsistent. I was following him a bit but his team kind of sucked so it was hard to watch them play. I didn't see any Evan Turner in his game tho. He showed well in some games so he could turn out to be a player. He doesn't have obvious weaknesses or limitations. He can even play some D.
I think there will be a better option at 14. Later on (ahem, 22), sure, why not. But I think he's another player that should've stayed in school and improve his stock.

nickagneta:
If the Celtics keep the pick, he may be the BPA at 14. But, if the C's keep the pick, that most likely means no AD trade. And if there is no AD trade that means the Celtics still have Tatum, Brown, Hayward and Smart who all play minutes at the 2 and 3, where Langford would need to play. He would be tremendously redundant.

Given that the difference in talent and quality of prospect at 14 won't be a whole bunch between the BPA and Best Big Available(BPA might equal BBA), I might go with the BBA.

For that reason, I would put Hayes, Hachimura, Fernando, Bol or Doumbouya in front of Langford and pick from one of them, if available at 14.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version