Author Topic: The all-purpose "feel good" / pep rally / "optimism only" thread  (Read 624106 times)

rocknrollforyoursoul and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 686
  • MASTER OF PANIC
this board is really annoying. might be time to stay away during the post-season.

on monday, we are sweeping the cavs! we are amazing!
last night its we are lucky to win the series we are done. all in a 48 hour span

is there no in-between or critical thinking allowed?

I think most are just sick and tired of the losses at home in game 2s in the playoffs vs teams they should probably beat. It isn't a blip it is a habit. This core group has an under .500 record at home in the playoffs. They have lost almost every game 1 or game 2 for the last several years.

I felt Cleveland would win a game in Cleveland anyway...now that looms large.

Should the Celtics win the series still? Absolutely. But it is going to be a real slog to get it done. Probably a 6 or 7 game series, when it really should not have been.
« Last Edit: Today at 08:26:31 AM by celticinorlando »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3020
  • On To Banner 18!
Woke up today and after a cloudy start, it's now blue skies and sun. New day
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2497
this board is really annoying. might be time to stay away during the post-season.

last night its we are lucky to win the series we are done. all in a 48 hour span

I think most are just sick and tired of the losses at home in game 2s in the playoffs vs teams they should probably beat. It isn't a blip it is a habit. This core group has an under .500 record at home in the playoffs. They have lost almost every game 1 or game 2 for the last several years.

Should the Celtics win the series still? Absolutely. But it is going to be a real slog to get it done. Probably a 6 or 7 game series, when it really should not have been.

Exactly, TP

And here's a link to C's playoff history. It is absurd how bad we've been at home the last 3 years.

Go before the bubble and we have series where we win every home game and lose every road game. That was with a younger, less talented team. What is so alarming is that, to put up these gaudy regular season records, and to win so many tough playoff road games we by definition MUST be pretty good.

But we self-sabotage. It's enough to get past most teams but eventually we'll run into someone talented who is not conflicted about wanting to win and they'll take advantage of our lack of killer instinct.

Self-sabotage is difficult to watch in real life. And, in a way, it's even harder to watch in sports, which are meant to be a reprieve from real life.

https://basketball.realgm.com/nba/teams/Boston-Celtics/2/Playoff-History

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 551
Overall I think lats night was mostly just a bad shooting luck game.

Whats perplexing to me is why these bad shooting luck games seem to happen in Boston. Usually players shoot better at home than on the road, but teams come in to the Garden and suddenly everybody is Steph.

Probably just random chance, but its weird. Especially with how dominant they were at home this year in the regular season.

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 378

Exactly, TP

And here's a link to C's playoff history. It is absurd how bad we've been at home the last 3 years.

Go before the bubble and we have series where we win every home game and lose every road game. That was with a younger, less talented team. What is so alarming is that, to put up these gaudy regular season records, and to win so many tough playoff road games we by definition MUST be pretty good.

But we self-sabotage. It's enough to get past most teams but eventually we'll run into someone talented who is not conflicted about wanting to win and they'll take advantage of our lack of killer instinct.

Self-sabotage is difficult to watch in real life. And, in a way, it's even harder to watch in sports, which are meant to be a reprieve from real life.

https://basketball.realgm.com/nba/teams/Boston-Celtics/2/Playoff-History
Remember, no negativity in this thread. There are plenty of other threads to choose from if that’s what you want to comment on.

We got this! Let’s go!