Author Topic: Kevin Love torn labrum; "highly unlikely" to return for playoffs  (Read 21028 times)

Re: Kevin Love torn labrum; "highly unlikely" to return for playoffs
« Reply #90 on: April 28, 2015, 05:34:57 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
lol @ this developing narrative that Kevin Love is "injury-prone" because he got his shoulder dislocated. I guess it's not J.R.'s fault that Crowder's knee is so structurally weak that he sprained it after taking that blow. Injury-prone Crowder should know better than to get his neck in the way of J.R.'s elbow.

« Reply #91 on: April 28, 2015, 05:52:00 PM »

Online celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395
lol @ this developing narrative that Kevin Love is "injury-prone" because he got his shoulder dislocated. I guess it's not J.R.'s fault that Crowder's knee is so structurally weak that he sprained it after taking that blow. Injury-prone Crowder should know better than to get his neck in the way of J.R.'s elbow.

I mean he also broke his hand doing pushups in the 2012-2013... already had a bad back that has caused him to missed multiple games this season and has really bothered him... he also broke his hand hitting it in practice against a teammate in 2009-2010 in another freak injury and now has a torn labrum from a tie up that seems to happen a lot in bball... so you can laugh out loud at the narrative if you want it but it definitely not completely unfounded...

These don't exactly make him mr glass but it is more than the average player has had happen by the time they turn 26

« Reply #92 on: April 28, 2015, 06:15:34 PM »

Offline Sievers81

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 29
I wonder if this could be kind of like last year with GM's etc not giving too much away like when Ibaka was gone for the Playoffs then made a surprise late appearance in the Spurs series and gave them a few headaches?

« Reply #93 on: April 28, 2015, 06:58:26 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
The tie-up that Love and Olynyk had doesn't often happen in professional basketball by any stretch of the imagination.

« Reply #94 on: April 28, 2015, 08:20:54 PM »

Online celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
The tie-up that Love and Olynyk had doesn't often happen in professional basketball by any stretch of the imagination.

And your explanation for his other injuries? Breaking a hand doing a pushup is not that common. Players break their hands from teammates, but that is also not that common. Having a bad back at this stage of his career is also a small concern. Collectively, they don't make saying a guy may be injury prone laughable. Or do you still stick to that?

« Reply #95 on: April 28, 2015, 09:35:31 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
Honestly, I don't care about his other injuries because they're wholly irrelevant to my point. Love was injured because Olynyk made a non-basketball play and dislocated his shoulder, not because he's "injury-prone." Citing this injury as further evidence that Kevin Love is injury-prone is just as stupid as saying that if someone gets shot and wounded in a mugging, they might be injury-prone because, in addition to getting shot, they once broke their arm and sprained their ankle in separate incidents.

No, we're not going to have any kind of reasonable discussion if you try to suggest or even entertain the notion that Love's shoulder dislocation is due to some mythical predisposition to getting injured. He got injured because someone made a reckless play and injured him.

« Reply #96 on: April 28, 2015, 09:50:12 PM »

Offline GreenPride17

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 4
Feel bad for Kevin Love but I don't think he would've played for the Celtics next year even if Olynyk didn't injure him

« Reply #97 on: April 28, 2015, 10:29:13 PM »

Online celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
Honestly, I don't care about his other injuries because they're wholly irrelevant to my point. Love was injured because Olynyk made a non-basketball play and dislocated his shoulder, not because he's "injury-prone." Citing this injury as further evidence that Kevin Love is injury-prone is just as stupid as saying that if someone gets shot and wounded in a mugging, they might be injury-prone because, in addition to getting shot, they once broke their arm and sprained their ankle in separate incidents.

No, we're not going to have any kind of reasonable discussion if you try to suggest or even entertain the notion that Love's shoulder dislocation is due to some mythical predisposition to getting injured. He got injured because someone made a reckless play and injured him.
Alright dude. For the record I didn't say he was injury prone originally. Tp for ya

« Reply #98 on: April 28, 2015, 11:01:26 PM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes

I mean he also broke his hand doing pushups in the 2012-2013... already had a bad back that has caused him to missed multiple games this season and has really bothered him... he also broke his hand hitting it in practice against a teammate in 2009-2010 in another freak injury and now has a torn labrum from a tie up that seems to happen a lot in bball... so you can laugh out loud at the narrative if you want it but it definitely not completely unfounded...

These don't exactly make him mr glass but it is more than the average player has had happen by the time they turn 26
this

TP
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #99 on: April 28, 2015, 11:03:43 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff

Alright dude. For the record I didn't say he was injury prone originally. Tp for ya

And my original comment wasn't directed at you. ;D TP for you, too.

Re: Kevin Love injury update: torn labrum
« Reply #100 on: April 29, 2015, 12:02:28 AM »

Offline Sixth Man

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 82
Kevin Love is a seriously weak-minded player.  Guys like him and Hibbert should be avoided at all costs. 

Sorry to hear that he has a torn labrum, but in truth, he plays with fire all the time, except this time, he got burned.  The King of the NBA armbar was simply hoisted by own petard.  He is himself a very dirty player on occasion, which is yet another reason why he is generally disrespected here and on NBA boards everywhere.  I hope he opts out and goes to the Lakers.  It would be quite amusing to see Kobe and his contingent rip KL to shreds after the latest Lakers roster experiment fails.

How is Hibbert a weak-minded player?  He has his faults, sure, but weak-minded?  If you're talking about his atrocious performance in the 2014 playoffs, I think that that was largely to do with rumors of PG sleeping with his girlfriend, iirc, as well as all of the other turmoil on that team.  I mean, something must have been wrong, especially after the way he played in the previous postseasons.

He's been unproductive and frankly diffident in his play this season.  The Pacers are desperate to get out from under his albatross contract. 

« Reply #101 on: April 29, 2015, 01:16:41 AM »

Offline Sixth Man

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 82
I think if the Cavs win without Love, Love will be more likely to leave, so I am rooting for them to win.

You want Love on the Lakers? That's where he'll go.

Yes, Love on the Lakers would be great for us.

First the West is highly competitive and it's not in our Conference.

Secondly, the Lakers with Love aren't going anywhere any time soon.

Agree, specially if they sign Rondo  :-X

Kobe, Rondo and K. Love...talk about a three-ring circus!

« Reply #102 on: April 29, 2015, 01:56:55 AM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 999
I think if the Cavs win without Love, Love will be more likely to leave, so I am rooting for them to win.

You want Love on the Lakers? That's where he'll go.

Yes, Love on the Lakers would be great for us.

First the West is highly competitive and it's not in our Conference.

Secondly, the Lakers with Love aren't going anywhere any time soon.

Agree, specially if they sign Rondo  :-X

Kobe, Rondo and K. Love...talk about a three-ring circus!

Look what happened to Kobe, Nash, and Dwight lolol  ;D

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

Re: Kevin Love injury update: torn labrum
« Reply #103 on: April 29, 2015, 03:28:36 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Kevin Love is a seriously weak-minded player.  Guys like him and Hibbert should be avoided at all costs. 

Sorry to hear that he has a torn labrum, but in truth, he plays with fire all the time, except this time, he got burned.  The King of the NBA armbar was simply hoisted by own petard.  He is himself a very dirty player on occasion, which is yet another reason why he is generally disrespected here and on NBA boards everywhere.  I hope he opts out and goes to the Lakers.  It would be quite amusing to see Kobe and his contingent rip KL to shreds after the latest Lakers roster experiment fails.

How is Hibbert a weak-minded player?  He has his faults, sure, but weak-minded?  If you're talking about his atrocious performance in the 2014 playoffs, I think that that was largely to do with rumors of PG sleeping with his girlfriend, iirc, as well as all of the other turmoil on that team.  I mean, something must have been wrong, especially after the way he played in the previous postseasons.

He's been unproductive and frankly diffident in his play this season.  The Pacers are desperate to get out from under his albatross contract.

That's probably true.  However, Hibbert, to me, seems to thrive off of Paul George, and having him miss practically the entire year certainly didn't help.  Why he played better when PG came back after everything that went on last year is pretty weird, to me, but maybe they buried the hatchet.  Who knows?  Plus, I think we've all seen the value of someone like Hibbert after our series with the Cavs.  I know that Bird is frustrated with the guy, and understandably so, but I wouldn't get rid of him - not if you want to get through Chicago and Cleveland, not to mention Washington and Atlanta, imo.

« Reply #104 on: April 29, 2015, 11:04:23 PM »

Offline crownontherocks

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 86
Kevin Love (shoulder) underwent surgery to repair his dislocated left shoulder on Wednesday afternoon, and he is expected to be sidelined for the next four to six months

Nba.com