5 (12.5%)
Tatum
12 (30%)
One will
1 (2.5%)
Both
22 (55%)

Total Members Voted: 40

Author Topic: Tatum or Brown, who takes the next step?  (Read 6580 times)

Re: Tatum or Brown, who takes the next step?
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2020, 10:22:56 PM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 468
I think Tatum will be near First Team levels of play. I also think Brown will be pushing for an All-Star spot

Seems like that is all the Cs can look forward to since a championship next season seems to be a pipe's dream.
Oh no, we just have a near top five player who's young to look forward to!!! The horror!  ;)

Here I thought I was rooting for the name on the front o fthe jerseys .... Keep staking up top five players while other teams win championships We already have one poster asking Cs to emulate the Clippers. Yaaaaaaay!!! :)
Yeah, usually starting off with a young developing superstar is indeed how you win a championship. If you're into the instant gratification of buying your way to a championship, those LA teams have a nice cozy spot on the bandwagon for you.

Pardonez moi, Cs last championship was in 2008. Do you have an estimate on when we should be looking forward to the next one. By the way I live in LA there is ONLY one LA team.
And? When we last won a title has nothing to do with the year of 2020 and how the 2020 Celtics should build their team. Also judging by how horribly you misrepresented someone else's idea as "HOW CAN YOU SAY WE NEED TO EMULATE THE CLIPPERS!!!", I'm starting to think you're not worth talking to.
2023 No Top 75 Fantasy Draft Los Angeles Clippers
PG: Dennis Johnson / Jo Jo White / Stephon Marbury
SG: Sidney Moncrief / World B. Free
SF: Chris Mullin / Ron Artest
PF: Detlef Schrempf / Tom Chambers / Buck Williams
C: Ben Wallace / Andrew Bynum

« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2020, 04:33:37 AM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am
I think Tatum will be near First Team levels of play. I also think Brown will be pushing for an All-Star spot

You still have LeBron James, Giannis Antetokounmpo, Kawhi Leonard, Luka Doncic and others as competition for the First Team.

« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2020, 04:39:50 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

You still have LeBron James, Giannis Antetokounmpo, Kawhi Leonard, Luka Doncic and others as competition for the First Team.
I don't think LeBron and Kawhi will be too close to First Team contention due to load management. LeBron due to age and having a relatively short offseason, Kawhi because it's what he does.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2020, 05:30:50 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN

I don't think LeBron and Kawhi will be too close to First Team contention due to load management. LeBron due to age and having a relatively short offseason, Kawhi because it's what he does.
Eh I think both of them will play enough games to beat Tatum in these accolades, reputation matters a lot in the media.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2020, 05:58:33 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

Eh I think both of them will play enough games to beat Tatum in these accolades, reputation matters a lot in the media.
It does, but I think Tatum's reputation is really on the cusp. According to almost all media outlets and talking heads in terms of young talent he is second only to Doncic. Whether that's true or not is contentious, but I think given he made All-NBA Third Team despite a slow start to the year is indicative that he'll challenge for First Team. Especially if the Celtics are a 45-50 or so win team.

« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2020, 06:26:33 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald

It does, but I think Tatum's reputation is really on the cusp. According to almost all media outlets and talking heads in terms of young talent he is second only to Doncic. Whether that's true or not is contentious, but I think given he made All-NBA Third Team despite a slow start to the year is indicative that he'll challenge for First Team. Especially if the Celtics are a 45-50 or so win team.
I wasn't aware of that - I just knew that he was rated quite highly lol. Then yeah I can see him making an All-NBA team this season.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2020, 06:55:55 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

I wasn't aware of that - I just knew that he was rated quite highly lol. Then yeah I can see him making an All-NBA team this season.
That’s definitely what I’ve experienced whenever I’ve tuned into ESPN or whatever. They seem to be talking Tatum as on the same level as KAT after his last playoff effort.

« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2020, 07:31:57 AM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486
I think Tatum will continue his incremental growth, but Brown will solidify himself as an all-star. With Hayward gone, and Kemba probably being limited, the responsibility to create more for himself and others will be on Jaylen's shoulders.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CV_rXP3kus

The first section of that highlight video shows the advancements Jaylen has already made as a passer off the dribble. At the 45 second mark, Jaylen splits a soft double, and hits Theis with a bounce pass for an easy 10 foot jumper. He wouldn't have been able to do anything similar to that a year ago.

Basically I am saying Jaylen should continue to grow and could be a very reliable secondary playmaker on top of his scoring acumen.

The future is bright.
#JKJB

« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2020, 08:12:57 AM »

Offline td450

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 254
In the last two weeks we saw Gordon Hayward leave and now Kemba Walker will be unavailable for a significant number of games.

The offense will now run through these two for an extended period for the first time, and there are 35+ points to make up. They will both be taking several more shots per game and probably adding 2-3 assists to their averages as well, almost by default.

I think what will make all the difference is that they have already got an insane amount of high pressure experience for players that young. I think they are going to tear it up.

« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2020, 08:20:20 AM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
I think both with again take their game up to another level.  JB did this last year, went from 13/4 to 20/6 and also took the next step on defense.  JT went from 16/6 to 23/7.  I'd like to see his FG% improve.  He shot 48% from 2PT and 40% from 3PT.  I think 2PT needs to push over 50%, if he could only improve in layups.   ;D
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2020, 08:33:39 AM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 291
Bigger role for Brown probably means he's an all star. I just hope Smart doesn't think he's the 2nd option now.

« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2020, 09:33:20 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald

That’s definitely what I’ve experienced whenever I’ve tuned into ESPN or whatever. They seem to be talking Tatum as on the same level as KAT after his last playoff effort.
Wew that is a very hot take :o
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2020, 10:46:58 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

Oh yeah, I think if KAT is healthy this season we're going to see him put up a monster year. That just seems to be the mainstream media narrative around Tatum.

« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2020, 10:47:57 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald

Oh yeah, I think if KAT is healthy this season we're going to see him put up a monster year. That just seems to be the mainstream media narrative around Tatum.
Yeah I'm expecting a huge year from KAT this season - he has the pieces around him (at least offensively lol) now.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2020, 11:07:04 AM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 549
Hmmm. Celtics lose a play making wing in Hayward which will give Brown a lot more on ball opportunities this year. Brown is a 6'6 wing who needs to work on his passing to reach that All-NBA level and maximize teem success. Evan Turner meanwhile was a 6'6 wing who averaged 4.7 assists per 36 minutes in his career and was just hired as as an assistant coach to work on player development. Probably not a coincidence.

Same thing applies to Tatum, even Nesmith/Romeo to some degree.