Author Topic: Celtics (29-14) at Hawks (29-14) 1/29  (Read 110598 times)

Re: Celtics (29-14) at Hawks (29-14) 1/29
« Reply #660 on: January 29, 2010, 10:35:07 PM »

Offline dlpin

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 183
danny has failed to add good young talent to this team via the draft...and it is hurting them.

Like who?

by going with walker and giddens...they have added zero...i look all around the league and see guys drafted late in rounds that contribute. boston has no good young players other than rondo....he could have drafted chalmers...could have moved up tp get blair when he was just sitting there....the pruitt and giddens picks really look to be wasted

Only players who are worth anything drafted after giddens is Mario Chalmers, and I don't think he'd be the answer to our problems.

« Reply #661 on: January 29, 2010, 10:37:37 PM »

Offline jdpapa3

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 85
danny has failed to add good young talent to this team via the draft...and it is hurting them.

Like who?

by going with walker and giddens...they have added zero...i look all around the league and see guys drafted late in rounds that contribute. boston has no good young players other than rondo....he could have drafted chalmers...could have moved up tp get blair when he was just sitting there....the pruitt and giddens picks really look to be wasted

Only players who are worth anything drafted after giddens is Mario Chalmers, and I don't think he'd be the answer to our problems.

[dang] Spurs stole George Hill a few picks before us.

« Reply #662 on: January 29, 2010, 10:38:03 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 660
  • MASTER OF PANIC

Like who?

chalmers would give boston a decent #2 PG...but it is what it is..

« Reply #663 on: January 29, 2010, 10:43:21 PM »

Offline dlpin

• Jayson Tatum

Like who?

If Doc gave him any minutes...

It's unfair to compare Giddens fo Chalmers. One was given a ton of minutes from the start, the other almost none. If we picked Chalmers we'd likely be complaining about why we didn't get Giddens.

I can't fault Ainge for what he's done so far.

« Reply #664 on: January 29, 2010, 10:47:43 PM »

Offline scoop

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 74

Like who?

Besides Chris Douglas-Roberts, Mbah a Moute is better than Chalmers and would be an excellent fit in this Celtics team. 

« Reply #665 on: January 29, 2010, 10:48:06 PM »

Offline Rida

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 86

Like who?

Chris Douglas Roberts anyone?

« Reply #666 on: January 29, 2010, 10:52:58 PM »

Offline dlpin

• Jayson Tatum

Besides Chris Douglas-Roberts, Mbah a Moute is better than Chalmers and would be an excellent fit in this Celtics team. 

And I go back to what I said above: if they were given any minutes.

We'd be just as likely to say the same if we had Chalmers/Douglas-Roberts here playing almost no minutes.

« Reply #667 on: January 29, 2010, 11:06:26 PM »

Offline scoop

• Jaylen Brown

And I go back to what I said above: if they were given any minutes.

We'd be just as likely to say the same if we had Chalmers/Douglas-Roberts here playing almost no minutes.

Of course they'd be given minutes. Why do you think Mbah a Moute wouldn't be given minutes? He'd have been playing a lot in this season and the last one.

« Reply #668 on: January 29, 2010, 11:44:27 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2411
How did KG look tonight? Physically I mean?

Was he moving better, worse, or the same? Any explosiveness?

« Reply #669 on: January 29, 2010, 11:46:01 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450

We saw some explosiveness on offense. A couple of good dunks. He looked better on defense, but still not the KG of old.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #670 on: January 29, 2010, 11:49:24 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2411

We saw some explosiveness on offense. A couple of good dunks. He looked better on defense, but still not the KG of old.
That sounds good. A step in the right direction.

« Reply #671 on: January 29, 2010, 11:51:44 PM »

Offline scoop

• Jaylen Brown
Yes, Garnett was still slow and stiff, but he looked clearly better than yesterday.

« Reply #672 on: January 29, 2010, 11:59:58 PM »

Offline Tai

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 32

Like who?

If Doc gave him any minutes...

It's unfair to compare Giddens fo Chalmers. One was given a ton of minutes from the start, the other almost none. If we picked Chalmers we'd likely be complaining about why we didn't get Giddens.

I can't fault Ainge for what he's done so far.

Giddens has probably been given no time because he didn't show that he deserved it. Chalmers would have fit a need, I don't think it's sure fire that he gets no time if we really regret drafting him now.   

« Reply #673 on: January 30, 2010, 12:25:25 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Just got back in from class...how did KG look? Did he play? I know we lost, but that's about it. Haven't read the entire thread yet.

« Reply #674 on: January 30, 2010, 04:22:09 AM »

Offline Tradetime

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 115
This one was a wake up call to Danny Ainge that unless he'd like to see us get swept by the Hawks in the playoffs, a deal must be struck.