Author Topic: Celtics (29-13) at Magic (29-16) 1/28  (Read 118177 times)

Re: Celtics (29-13) at Magic (29-16) 1/28
« Reply #690 on: January 29, 2010, 12:54:54 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Well, I'm done over here....using toothpicks to keep my eyelids up.

As strange a season as this has been, I would not be surprised to see Boston go into ATL tomorrow night and get a win...without KG. It's been that kind of season.

Goodnight Celtics fans.

« Reply #691 on: January 29, 2010, 03:21:01 AM »

Kiorrik

G'nite peeps. Don't feel like reading bitter posts by the haters. Just not up to it.

Good game, bad loss. Really bad.

Be positive Kiorrik come on the C's had a 16 lead and almost held on and won the game that is a good sign!

C'mon man you're killing me, lol.....

it's not even funny, jadams... Kiorrik, just like me, lives in Europe and we have ruined our sleeping schedules to watch all these crappy collapses... btw, it's 7.30 a.m. here... not something to make fun of...

the signs are not good but we ain't gonna give up... I didn't quit on this team on 2006-07 season, I ain't gonna quit now...
Should have just joined the chat. It's a bit more optimistic there.

Today is harsh, tired as hell, got lots of work to do but couldn't sleep before the game due to some odd circumstances over here (can't be bothered explaining atm) and thus I got 2 hours of sleep last night.

And I got to play a basketball game after work, so that's harsh too >_< ugh.

Wish we came out with a W. Now it's a loss and a bunch of crappy comments in here. Makes me post a lot less I tell ye ;) Might be a good thing too :p

Anyway, tired, back to work. Later peeps.

« Reply #692 on: January 29, 2010, 08:23:29 AM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439
Just saw the game... very disappointed.

I was cheering like crazy in the first half, thinking the true Celtics were back, excellent D, great passing game, made threes... and we kept our lead in the third quarter.

Yet the 4th quarter was terrible. Too many turnovers, poor shot selection (Pierce, I'm looking at you), too many threes. We could expect it but it was frustrating.

I felt the refs really helped the Magic too (40 FT to 18, who are you kidding?), I mean, if they want to whistl ticky tack fouls, fine, but do it on both sides... Howard should have got at least 5 fouls in the game early in the 4th.

However Howard did dominate Perkins (foul trouble helped), to my surprise. Kudos to him, although he still is really overrated in my opinion (no basketball IQ at all, see his goaltending after the foul on Perkins in the 4th).

Rashard Lewis got hot and it was the first time in my life I was thinking Doc should have put Scal back in the game, he did a good job on him in the first half and never saw the floor in the second. Sheed was too slow and KG...

Well, KG didn't look good at all in the second. Transparent. His last defensive play on Lewis just showed how bothered he was by his knee. I think (and hope) it's due to lack of conditioning, because this poor defense and his missed alley-oops weren't good signs.

Anyway, credits to the Magic for hanging in the game and hitting big shots (Redick... wow). Too bad we lost after a 16 point lead but once again turnovers and offensive rebounds killed us... I don't know if this team will ever get on the boards again.

Too bad we lost when Ray came out of his slump (man, he was smoking in the first 3 quarters, a pleasure to watch), and Eddie also (he is frustrating with his two's with the foot on the line).

I'm not so mad when we lose to Orlando but I'm when we lose after leading by 16.

Hope things will be better in Atlanta tonight but on a back to back it could get ugly. :(

PS : oh, yeah, Pierce was awful tonight. Poor shooting, poor shot selection, poor passing, too much dribbling... terrible.